Quest Hand ins causing mini crash

Will that remove any addons or anything or anything i need to save before I do that?

Thanks

The best thing to do is to just pull the Interface and WTF folders out of the World of Warcraft_retail_ folder entirely while testing this, and delete the Cache folder. You can move the Interface and WTF ones over to your Desktop, just as long as they aren’t in the game folder. Then you can check it after running the Scan and Repair, before dropping the addons back in, to see if that’s helped

Also having the same issue. Its not just quests, WQs, rares and also looting chests are causing it to happen as well

When wq’s end and also killing boss’ in antorus heroic.

I can confirm this aswell.

Same issue for me.
I tried the usual stuff (disabling add-ons, deleting WTF folders/cache, etc.) to no avail.

When monitoring the computer, gpu and cpu are fine, but Task Manager shows big HDD usage spikes when handing in quests (I’m on a laptop and I can feel it vibrating under my hand for a second or so each time as well).

Something definitely broke with the 8.2.5 patch.

Same here, just since the patch. With and without mods.

Here too, tried everything already. Deleted chache, removed interface and WTF, ran repair tool. Nothing worked. Still happening.
Since 8.2.5. ofc, before patching everything worked fine.

I’m so very happy to know I’m not alone in this. I’ve given up playing today because I am so sick of the game locking up entirely for a few seconds when I complete dailies or hand in quests / complete quests.

On another note - I’ve not seen anyone mention - Perhaps because not many people are it - The Kul Tiran druids flight form are screeching when shifting into flight form despite the fact I have a glyph on to be a sentinel owl that hoots because I cannot stand the sound of the screech. I have sensitive hearing, literally genetically and the screech is like sticking a screw driver straight into my ears every time I hear it.

1 Like

same here guys. And I have no addons what so ever…WQ, handing in, also recieving quests, chests. Also sometimes kills, with spells that have a lot of lighting, specially around water.

Hey guys, just copy pasting what i posted in another thread:

So, I had an issue like this and I seem to have worked out a solution that worked for me at least.

I have been playing wow on an external drive since I haven’t gotten around to getting a new one for my computer yet. This has been an issue before, but not to this extent as what we have been experiencing since patch. However, I tried a solution I have used before for combatlogging.

By using the command mklink /J in cmd, I created a junction between my Cache, WTF and GPUCache in my wow installation folder and then I moved those folders from the installation on my external SSD (I had it on E:) to my desktop (stored at C:). After I did that, i deleted the folders from the installation and i didnt create any new ones.

The commands I did in cmd was:

mklink /J “E:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\GPUCache” “C:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\GPUCache”

mklink /J “E:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\Cache” “C:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\Cache”

mklink /J “E:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\WTF” “C:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\WTF”

This worked for me so it might be worth giving a try, even if you are not playing on an external drive, but especially if you are!

After a bit of testing of each individual folder, it seems the folder that was causing the issue for me was the GPUCache. Maybe the problems occur because of problems writing to it?

As much as these might be a ‘temporary’ fix for the ongoing issue, this is not something a day-to-day player should have to do, not everyone knows how to work with the CMD and mklinks aren’t the best solutions to things, I’d say give it a bit till Blizzard fixes it on their end, as it’s -definitely- not client sided seeing as -so- many people are having issues with it.

Just my take on it, if it works it works!

This is what happens when you get new animated or new screen layer/label in wow, doesnt matter if its neck lvl up, char lvl up, opening azerite, turning quest, talking with npcs etc.
100% Hard Issues or atleast HDD issues.
i have a screenshot and i can not upload it in the forum or putting a link for proofs. hope they fix it asap

Can we have a blue post update? Just logged on and killing a few rares/quest completion this is still happening for me

1 Like

This. This exact thing, This! Blue post update please!

I agree that it is still happening but it is not quite as bad as yesterday.

It shouldn’t be happening at all, no idea how 8.2.5 even got out of the beta and into live with this.

I got this issue since the new patch also, every time i complete quests no matter if its a world quest in bfa or any quest on leveling alts in old expansions, everything freezes for a second. waiting for an update on this issue.

Update please?

See to visiting here, GM’s are replying on this.

1 Like