Question about [Duck Disguiser] toy

I tried to collect the other duck disguises while doing the questline on other characters. After I used the toy and clicked on it, only one look appeared when clicking on the egg.

My question is, Is it intended to be so or is it a bug ? It is disappointing to wait 6 years to have all looks on those I will do the questline and not others.

Thanks.

I did that questline on 6 different (horde) chars, choosing a different colour each time. And on each char, only the chosen color from that characters chosen rewards shows up.

Even when the egg from my main is still on the ground and i then relog to an alt (all 6 chars was placed in Razor Hill), and use the egg, i can only choose the brown colour i chose on that alt - or the other colours chosen on the other alts.

1 Like

It seems strange that a toy which is account wide doesn’t collect the variations account wide so in the mean time it’s worth making a bug report in game.

1. Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
  2. Click Support.
  3. Click Submit feedback or bug report.
  4. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  5. Click Submit.

I did the same, collected all the variations on alts to find they didn’t add anything to the toy overall.

2 Likes

That’s a good question. Hopefully it’s a bug and going to be corrected soon. Otherwise we going to have 5 years of grind to get color variants for a toy :confused:

I’m not doing quest chain on my alts untill there is a clarification from Blizzard is it intended or a bug.

2 Likes

Hi there Zukau,

This is not a bug and the intention is that other colour variations are collected in future events.

So if you think this should be changed it would be through feedback/suggestions, rather than a bug report.

3 Likes

Well, it’s going to be an achievement then or even FoS!

Hey

Thank you for bringing an answer to my question. :slight_smile: I will send a suggestion.
I know as a CS/CM you cannot do much more on this subject. But enlightening us on this puzzling behavior of a toy is great ^^.

1 Like

I dont understand why it is not account-wide. It is definitely joke! Change it, please!!!

2 Likes

This is insanity, change it please.

3 Likes

Not a very well designed toy when there is no base duck disguise to chose from, so it is literally useless for a character which had not completed the questline. Not having instant access to all six variants isn’t even such a big deal.

3 Likes

sorry for my language but that’s a stupid idea. Especially because it’s not clear in the quest. I chose a random color because I thought I can do it on Alt characters for the other ones, or get them through a daily chain, or at least as a drop from the boss… but to wait 6 years to collect all colors… at this point I would prefer to don’t have the toy at all -.- (and yes I know it was a fun idea to have things like this to collect back with. the children’s week - but times changes… and those pets are account wide now too…)

2 Likes

Just choose the color you like the most. Why do you want all of them?

Hello Tyrskorn,

Quick question: If Blizzard makes the Duck Disguiser quest items account-wide, and I’ve already collected all the different colour variants across my alts, would I still need to redo the quests on different characters?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

1 Like

So let me get it straight
If by any reason I will decide to delete my character, I will also loose the Duck Disguiser ability?
Man, this is even worse than Sabletron color farming from Mechagon