Realm Connections -- 5 August

The realm is called “Aggra (Português)”. Can’t see how anyone can think it’s an English realm.

its labelled as such because aggra doesn’t really exist as a realm it was copied over to Grim Batol during the last set of server connections in 2014, and as such runs off Grim Batol server rules, and Grim Batol is an English server.

Every character made on Aggra gets a character ID to match Grim Batol and not Aggra, so you can confirm it that way as well… when a server connection happens a guest realm adopts the server rules of the host server, and Grim Batol is an English server, but the server name itself won’t be changed during this process. There is no such thing as a Portuguese locale anymore on EU, the only officially Portuguese servers are the 4 Brazilian ones located in the US region.

Maybe but Blizzard still calls it that way so you can imagine Portuguese people would go there while others would probably choose another realm.

Even if it’s on the English locale you can expect it to be 90%+ Portuguese people who speak Portuguese in chat channels.

English is just the Catch all, most players from other countries that don’t have servers in their local language just tend to migrate to English servers anyway… Keeping a single Portuguese server in EU wasn’t sustainable so it had to be connected with other servers but there are also English servers in that certain foreign languages are dominant, would you feel different if the server was connected with Drak’thul which is Czech dominant?

Also I just wanted to say, if you ever want to check what server is hosting a server and even how connected realms interact with each other, there are 2 scripts you can run ingame:

the first is:

/run print("You are currently on realm: " .. GetRealmID() .. GetRealmName())

This will tell you the ID of the server the character you are currently playing on is initially from (what the ID was before any mergers happened), it will give you the ID number of the realm, and then followed by the realm name.

the second is:

/run local name = UnitName("target"); local guid = UnitGUID("target"); ChatFrame1:AddMessage(name.." has the GUID: "..guid);

This will give you the Unique ID of whatever your targeting, if you are targeting a player it will output something like “Player-1234-ABCDE9876” the 1234 part of that string is the Realm id of the connected server that the character is a part of, If that matches the output of the first script you will know you are on the host server… that script is also useful for checking what shard you are on because if you use it when targeting a random mob in the area you will get the mob ID which reads something like “Creature-0-1234-123-98765-98765-ABCDE9876” again the 1234-123 in that string will give you the Realm ID (Followed by instance ID) of the current shard that you are currently on.

Doesn’t that bring up the cross realm info and not the real realm info?

what do you mean?

All characters on the same connected realm will have the same realm ID regardless of what server the character was made on.

“Would you feel different if the server was connected with Drak’thul which is Czech dominant?”

No, it would be just as bad which is our point.

If Blizzard can’t make sure official channels are kept in English, they shouldn’t merge these realms. It’s ok to have some chat in other languages now and then and here and there, but if people speaking a certain language flock to a single realm and refuse to stop flooding their language in the official chat channels, then either Blizzard should do something about it or these people can have their own little dead realm and not get merged with anyone else. Or merge the Czech, Portuguese, Polish, etc realms with each other so they can sort it out themselves.

What language a realm is or isn’t tagged with doesn’t matter if the realm has been taken over by x language speakers and Blizzard doesn’t do anything to stop it.

About time, good there’s some acknowledgement though cause this was the only case where blizzard previously said the connection went through but it actually didn’t.

I think I agree with the hunter here: you are from frostmane and are like: “couldn’t they have connected us to a fully english server?”, which is a good objection, but in that case that fate would happen to another server.

So the solution is basically not connecting them at all, in fact grim batol was english speaking I believe, and was connected to the portuguese server in the past.

With the way they’re doing connections, this would make them one of the smallest servers eu, hence bleeding players over time.

I don’t know if there’s an official comment anywhere but app and ingame breaking news say these realms will be down on a maintenance on thursday. Probably to fix the connection.

I agree with the free character migration. This totally sucks to say the least. I migrated from Emeriss to Frostmane back in WOTLK because the server was active, has English as a language and at least it held perspective for a good future of gaming. Now it is a dead server with hardly any activity and as a cherry on the top Blizzard now even decides to blend it with a non-English server!

If I had just 1 or 2 chars, I would not care too much about the migration expenses, but I run a guild and have 15 max level characters that I actively play, gear and maintain.

Expenses breakdown for the F- UP Blizzard made:
Guild transfer: 35 Euro
15x Character Migration at 25 euro each: 375 Euro

In all fairness, does Blizzard really expect me to pay about 400 euro to continue playing? I would rather quit than face this ripoff! Yes, my sub is already expired and even though I pre-ordered the digital and most complete CE of Shadowlands, I highly doubt to re-sub again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.