Rebuilding Azeroth: Why do the writers only destroy things?

You really can’t expect to let Blizzard let everything stay in the Warcraft 3 aftermath status for all eternity.

Totally agree. Blizzard knows how to build a story only on destroying and killing things. And when somebody have a victory, Blizzard thinks that they don’t need to spend any effort to show big celebrations, and some town restores.

For example in Cata, Deathwing have destroyed Auberdine, and what? Why for all those years Night Elves didn’t restore this city? Blizzard could add at least some workers working there.

In current times when you hear from Blizzard that some race or some characters will get some story in next patch, you say to your self “great , again my race will lose some cities and characters, and will be kicked in the face”…

Blizzard must show Restoration! For example after War1 Stormwind was in ruins. But after War2 it was restored. Now Stormwind is Alliance main city. Now it can be destroyed again.

Night Elves have lost all their cities. They have no where to live. After the war Blizzard MUST show how they will restore population and cities, or they should delete this race from the game.

If it is to make things worse than they were than let them as they are.
You know the say: “Don’t fix what’s not broken.”

Can we say the present is better than the past ?
I can’t.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Amen to that.

I’ll add… The third war was a monumental event. The strongest human kingdom was just wiped off the map. Every nation was affected and enormous amounts of troops were lost. In Kalimdor, all factions threw whatever they had against the burning Legion… and all they managed to do was buy enough time for Malfurion’s magic gimmick to work. Their armies were utterly defeated.

It’s perfectly fine that it would take generations to recuperate from stuff like this, so that small nusiances like Darkiron raids, kobolds, murlocs, kultists, troggs etc. are a real problem that actually can’t just be gotten rid of. So I don’t see much of a problem with leaving the world in that state for the duration of the game, even in principle.

You could always add more to that, but as long as the adventurer heroes are successful in standing against the tide, no change is a reflection of their victory.

4 Likes

Only the world? Mate they have been destroying races, lore and so on since their first exp lol, gradually into what it is nowadays

Actually, with the way things are right now, I want another revamp. I’s been 9 years. It is long overdue.

2 Likes

Thing is it would be all well and good if the damage done by the Cataclysm remained but the zones moved on, but the problem is they don’t. Many zones remain in this sort of Cataclysm limbo where everything is linked to what was happening in the regions during the reign of Garrosh directly after the Cataclysm. The classic quests at least had a form of longevity where whichever way you played it, these were basically problems in the areas which could be applied to any expansion.

I feel that it’s been long enough since the Cataclysm that all of the zones could use a HD remaster and an up to date story overhaul which adds more mundane quests which can be relevant to any expansions story without suddenly popping out of cataclysm into wrath of the lich king and into mists of pandaria.

Ever since Cata they push us into either a new continent/set of islands or just park us in org or SW. For their devs it makes sense if you wanna make all cities viable you need to do even alot of work in Mulgore or IF to update them. It’s not as simple as putting or sharing services. So every excuse they can find to destroy a city they will take. We are down to 4 cities… Exodar is also flyable but they won’t allow flying there because of SM being filled with holes. So down to 4. IF has 3+ layers in it lore wise (2 lower ones). Gilneas is in Alliance hands, it’s an empty zone and Worgen don’t have an own zone yet. Do we see them rebuilding Gilneas to be like Azshara? Nope. Still the empty ruins with the 7th Legion camping in teh Cathedral distruct /sigh

Do we have hope we can see a fully rebuild Stromgarde and Arathi Highlands? Maybe? Hope?

Anathor problem yes, sadly. They wil ignore established lore to fit the story they have in mind, same as population numbers. The orcs should be extinct and the Tauren few in numbers but yet every patch they have new armies…

I agree with you, the same could be said about Blood Elves,Night Elves, and Draenei now sadly.

And for those they could still have armies, but with anima golems or arcane golems for blood elves. Ancients,mountain giants and such for nelfs.
The protectors (like sochretar has in wod or the first boss in auchindoun in wod). or the warframes from lightforged.

NE even in few number should decimate the decimate Horde they have like you mentioned so many allies, including those wyverns Horde like to use! But hey game balance, so the ancients, dryads, giants, wild gods, wild wyverns and chimeras never help! It took burning down a world tree to get only a part of the CC finaly angry enough to assist their people. I hope the next updates on night elf show them regathering their old allies. Atleast the furlbogs are working with them again.

I’s like the AC: “Sylvanas we will tolerate you but the moment you start plaqueing again we come for you!” queue Gilneas, WPL, Hillsbrad and kidnapping people for experiments from even their own organisation

AC: DERPPP WE STUPID! WE FORGOT!

I wanted the Silver Hand/AC/Agent Dawn storming UC and assisting the Alliance. Seeing their chance, but nope! Just like CC was AFK like the Draenei during the war of the thorns.

I gave up on WoW lore, well almost. If they Kerrigan Sylvanas I will stop caring complety and won’t care at all anymore.

Rebuilding ruined things sounds fun, but unless new content takes place there it would be wasted resources.
If for example new expansion took place on some new secret island, all resources would be relocated to create new content over there and only way for SM and Exodar to be rebuilt is to be new faction hub connected to new island. Than though as soon as the expansion ends those two become obsolete and stuck in past like both Dalarans, Shatrah, Boralus and so on.
Maybe if next expansion would feature old, post Cata world revamp, they could be restored and keep their status as faction capitals rather than expanison main hub.

This.

What I think needs to happen is for EK and Kalimdor to be remade very soon. They wrecked it in cataclysm and those zones are STILL stuck in Cataclysm timelines.

Making those zones have “current story” quests is one of the worst things they could have done.

Those zones need to be to their races what Jade Forest is for the pandaren: a way for the (new) player to learn about their culture and history, an introduction to this world of warcraft, the races in it, and their way of life.

Places that are actually FUN TO VISIT instead of just making you feel DEPRESSED.

This, SO much.

The original WoW was exactly that: they just made the world, and then they made stories in it. It means the areas feel authentic and fun to be in, like they are larger than just the story, like an actual world.

Modern day expansions, are convoluted stories, with new content MADE AROUND IT. It means the areas feel meaningless once the story is done. It’s there just to fill a purpose for storytelling, whereas it should be the other way around.

Personal wishlist:

Darkshore, Felwood, and Ashenvale properly cleaned up and firmly back under night elf control. Felwood becoming a level 1-10 night elf starter zone, all pretty and free of fel-taint.

New night elf capital on the border between Felwood and Ashenvale. Where it should have been from the start.

Teldrassil a level 40-50 felwood-esque zone.

Barrens getting that ditch filled to turn it back into a proper, lengthy, giant zone.

Border area between barrens and ashenvale showing a lot more skirmish action between night elves and horde.

Theramore rebuilt.

That stupid wall between barrens and mulgore broken down.

Shady Rest Inn rebuilt.

Dam in Loch Modan fixed.

Menethil drained.

Booty Bay fixed.

Literally every damage to any place that was wrecked 10 years ago, FIXED.

Make the world feel FUN to explore and just be in again, instead of frigging depressing!

3 Likes

Even half of this would make me come back to Retail for a good long while. I would probably also be more invested in RP again.

What are you talking about. Jade forest is directly tied to mop content of the world. Not just about learning about pandaren. The mop faction war is still present. It would be very ignorant to ignore legion and bfa progress according to off screen sources, when revamping the old world.

1 Like

Blockquote

After Lordaeron and Teldrassil they have to do something about this. They’ve been putting it off for too long, and now it’s become a herculean task, but it must be done. One of the themes for this (just like many others) expansion seems to be the impending doom of threats like Azshara and N’Zoth, and the fact that we are really in no state to be fighting after the Legion came to Azeroth.
In other words, either an active effort to give some much needed TLC to some areas, or just start anew, because there’s so much that people want fixed it’s probably a monumental task to tackle.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.