Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

You guys are absolutely awesome. <3 Thank you for letting us know and providing closure on the subject.

24 Likes

Lifelong jail for making me suffer a few hours of no BfA, plz.

8 Likes

Awesome! Happy for Blizzard & the Security Team.
Hope you guys will use your lawyers for compensation.

3 Likes

I really want to know what he looks like… just curious. Hope we get to see a mug shot of him soon in the news.

10 Likes

Throw the book at him! I love the smell of justice in the morning.

4 Likes

No one cares about the DDoS attack. We do care about punishing exploiters.
Stop diversioning.

5 Likes

Good to see that action has been taken well done blizzard

2 Likes

I approve of this state of affairs. What a little stupid piece of garbage.

These script kiddies are absolutely ridiculous. So he could find a DDOS service, but he didn’t know that Skype is surveiled by Microsoft and leaks your IP to anyone who tries to get in touch with you - so he sits there with a Skype account while DDOS’ing without a VPN.

DOUBLE UP!!

Thank you Blizzard for tracking him down. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

owNed kid^)

1 Like

I see alot of soap dropping in his future.

1 Like

GOING TO JAIL FOR DDOSING A VIDEO GAME OMEGALUL.

Life choices for some people are hard I guess. Good job Blizzard!

1 Like

Good to hear justice was done! Good job blizzard!

1 Like

Imagine beeing stupid enought to DDoS blizzard XD

1 Like

Fixed that for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also wanted to add the guy that did it was a douchebag because he decided to ddos them right as I wanted to play wow at my friends house when I was on vacation couldn’t play my account cause of him.Also was promoting my best friend the game then wanted him to play with me.

Edit:sorry for the earlier typo my phone’s autocorrect is insane have to turn it off.

1 Like

An ETA for the DDOS attack is unfortionately whenever the script kiddies get bored of DDOSing or when all the individual IPs in the botnets are blockdd

Unfortionately because their service has to be publically available in order for everyone to make use of it this means it can also be targetted publically, forcing everyone to connect through VPN is also not a realistic option

The people doing it are pretending like its a big thing but in reality, as long as you have the resources then servers (and all other public online services) are baseline easy targets

Well he won’t be a manager at a fast food joint anymore…

1 Like

Sorry apparently pinging your servers went a bit to fare ;D

Well he will probably be a prison cafeteria worker now :rofl:.

2 Likes

Well done.