Reported a supposed multi-boxer and got info that one or more people got banned 😈

F

but if, as you said here,

Again. How do YOU know, without any shred of doubt and can unequivocally prove, that the multi boxer YOU reported, was the one who got banned, if you are not privy to such information?

Unless you were said multiboxer I fail to see how you would know for certain they got the chop.

Because I have reported a few players and have never received such an email and I only report for instances that blatantly break the ToS of the game.

5 Likes

I already told you that they send mail to a character from which report was made if your report resulted in action being taken against the reported player and since I reported only one player on that specific char it’s logical the email was about that guy.
Even if you want to argue that mail was about someone who I reported from different character there is still a fact that I only report multi-boxers.
So one way or another a multi-boxer was owned.

Then a few things could happen:
a) your report wasn’t processed yet,
b) taken actions were minor and didn’t warrant a message to a player,
c) it was rejected and you were wrong about whoever you reported,

Thank you for making azeroth a safer place :clown_face:

1 Like

And can you link the email then?

I just want to see what the email looks like In case I’ve overlooked it in my blizzard email archive.

1 Like

Actually it is Blizzard’s policy that they do not reveal any action taken to anyone other than the person they actioned. It’s called privacy. If you received such a mail… then it was definitely not something that their boss would agree with.

3 Likes

last report I filed was 4 months ago.

i consider deliberately and constantly harassing another player quite un minor

Possible. Shameful if it was and condoning such actions are again, shameful. If so more fool Blizzard. because as i said, i only report people who are blatantly breaking ToS. I don’t really consider multiboxing breaking toS if they stay in the rules blizzard sets for Multiboxing. That’s not to say i condone it, I just don’t see the point in reporting every single multi boxer you come across on the off chance you might snare 1 out 30.

And if you want to argue with an MVP who knows a lot more than i do you go right ahead but you really ought to stop digging Blink.

SouldefĂ­ler.
main job in Patient Information Security under business compliance and HIPAA regulations modified 2018.

I have serious doubts about this because

1. blizzard are quite vocal in their stance that they will never tell you if action is taken against someone you report

2. I have twice reported bots and soon after the bots have disappeared, most recently around the time of the ban wave and I was never contacted with information that action had been taken even though it most obviously had.

3. people report bots daily, they report multiboxers daily and no one has ever made a claim like this before…

Something smells here :woman_shrugging:

I’ve recently seen reports of them sending a message that says an action has been taken against a player that you reported, thanking you for helping. Overwatch definitely sends these messages to players, as I’ve received some, and I’ve seen screenshots of legit looking mail that uses almost the exact same text as the message in Overwatch.

The message does not reveal who was the action taken against, or what was the action, but if you only reported one person it cannot possibly be anyone else.

Sure, but they do send mail in-game to tell you that your “reports led to actions against one or more players and accounts”.
Since I reported only one guy from that specific char and the guy was multi-boxing while his in-game behaviour looked like straight-up botting then it’s logical to assume that he got banned (6 months/permanent ban) becasue that the penalty for botting.

This is the in-game mail they send: https://i.ibb.co/hM0kVvM/Snap5.png

Honestly, it sounds like you are afraid of being exposed for being wrong :laughing:

“You can do it if you want but better don’t becasue reasons so better stop”

LOL :smile:

Hehe I see what you did there.

1 Like

I occasionally get mails like this for reporting people in HotS. In Overwatch it actually informs me ingame. It never reveals who it was, it’s just a feedback to encourage people to report when needed and not lose faith in the system.

But my point is, and originally was…

Was. The. Player. Actually. Banned. Or. Did. They. Just. Get. A. Telling. Off?

Simply getting a message saying “we took action” means… what? They sent him flowers? A free sub? A booklet on how to multibox better?

The response you got was deliberately vague for a reason. To stop people like you going round the game pointing at people and screaming “I GOT ONE GUY BANNED I CAN GET YOU BANNED TOO!!”

Ya know. Kinda like what you did in your opening post.

because if we look at your screenie, see where it says we took actions but cannot reveal details?

nowhere. NOWHERE did it state unequivocally that they were banned.

For all you know, they got a box of chocolates or one of the other results I gave.

So again.

No. you don’t.

Which is what I have been saying this entire thread. So stop digging this hole you got someone banned. You don’t know that. i don’t know that. The only parties who DO, are the multiboxer, and Blizzard.

So as i have already stated, unless you WERE the multiboxer, you know as much of the player’s in game fate as I do.

Do you need this explained AGAIN or have you got it now?

https://i.imgur.com/OlujVLy.png

Except they do? I get these popups every time I log in to OW, I report a few people every time I play for abusive chat. Sometimes I report someone for cheating if I spot an aimbotter but it’s not often you see aimbots.

I reported a botter and botting is punished by 6-months or permanent ban so you can stop making stupid arguments with stupid hyperboles and other nonsensical arguments.

No. Blizzard historically bans bots in waves, not individually.

Not really. The waves are just a PR stunt becasue it sounds good to say that you banned e.g. 50,000 cheaters :slight_smile:
There are people who get automated bans for 3rd party software and manual bans as well and it happens inbetween waves.

No you just want to live in cognitive dissonance so you can continue to brag you got someone banned. All you provided was an automated message EVERYONE who puts in a report gets, but somehow yours was special.

Well if that will fill your self esteem you go right on ahead. You may now have the last word to fill that self esteem bottle even further. with “hah I owned someone on a forum!”

4 Likes

I’ve never seen such a message and I report people all the time - mainly for breaking the naming rules for Argent Dawn, but botters and such too.

Post a screenshot of that “” mail ".
No blizzard employee will ever lawfully respond with what measures were taken on any other player because its a breach of privacy.

They usually copy paste a generic, useless reply before sending your report to the. Spam folder. Bots are up 24/7.
Do /who botanical /who nazj /who grim /who nazmir /who 110 at 3-5 am and again 6-9 am. That’s their peak hours away from hidden eyes.

1 Like