Resto druid is FINE !

I put the title like this to get your attention, sorry for my bad english and i hope you can understand what i am saying.

from my point of view i do really belive that healers nerfs are a little bit to much, blizzard has no ideea how to fix this classes and the mana nerfs were the best thing they did i’ve seen in 3 expansions by far.

TBC / WOTLK was the best arena i ever played in terms of PVP Balance ! this is how i feelt, most of the ppl will not agree with me.

Resto druid it was the healer that is spaming hots and doing clones in middle of battle because you couldn’t leap / charge / fel rush / chi torpedo, range kicks… rdruid was everywhere as an aggresive cc’er preventing incoming heals literaly non-stop and heals like crazy ( cancer to every healer)

Disc priest if i remember it was a strong dispeller and he could actually spam dispell for long time, but it was also an aggresive healer, is losing alot of mana on healing, but STRONG HEALS, one penance was 30% of the health bar if not more. (Cancer for RDRUID spam dispells on hots)

HPalla was the guy who spams Sacred Shiled (strong sheild) like a noob and Holy Shock on STRONG AOE HEALING because of the Beacon of Light, is losing alot of mana because most of his SPELLS ARE INSTANTS, but he had Divine Plea to recover mana (cancer for priest / shaman to purge Sacred Sheild)

Rshaman was just with purges and totems, that was his MAIN ABILITYS, you just literaly spam totems and purges, let the reptide and earh sheild doing his job, maybe some Lesser healing wave when falling behind but main focus at this healer was totem spams and purges. (cancer to RDRUID spam purges)

Now… resto druid is not broken with this mana nerfs which is the BEST, but the class design is broken, same for the other healers, they can’t face him because priest and shaman can’t spam purges (huge mana cost of purges), we lose 50% mana from 5 purges… same for resto druid, they can’t land clones because every dps has range kick when CLONES should be THE DEFINITION OF A RESTO DRUID… same for the others with DISPELLS and so on…

Everything is flying on the map and every healer feels the same. this is why TBC and WOTLK was special for me, idk… maybe i am wrong, but this is how i feel…

4 Likes

It just feels stupid that you can’t use some of your main offensive abilities, like purge and MD for priest, because if you do, you lose the game because you’ll be oom instantly. I’d be curious to see a purge meta where they lower the mana cost substantially… It would also balance out Rdruids. When you can hot someone up and go drink or stealth and stun in cat form and do more dmg than a priest, without any way of punishing it, then it’s broken.

4 Likes

This is exactly what i am saying, the nerfs on healing won’t fix the problem, is just the class design for each healer because the PROBLEM IS MUCH DEEEPER, all the healers should have been unic that counters a specific classes, they didn’t fix it when they nerft a healer and buff the other or nerf one dps class and buff the another… this are not actually changes.

1 Like

You got the point.

Also back in the day you coudn’t just pick the strongest healer (also an healer coudn’t just play with any dps). Sinergy was a thing, a dominant thing in arena.

For example as hpala you had the strongest heal, but almost no damage and you could dispel just 1 magic+poison+disease. You had to go with classes that don’t need support via damage or cc

Disc as the opposite needed peel but an offensive penance would be painful, offensive purge was also something which really change the game ecc.

Rdruid and shaman had always to go with spriest, retri, lock becouse otherwise any cc would be full duration becouse lack of dispels ecc ecc

And this is just a small part, there were more in deep.

2 Likes

You are on the same page with me.

However… PVP community is also toxic, most of the ppl are not actually PVP players from what i saw, is like… A drunk dad keeps beating his child and is getting happy when he gets a candy, but the real issue is not solved.

Nerfing healers mana and not adjusting the toolkits accordingly was wrong. Creates a very unfun and frustrating gameplay. Constantly have to think about not using a spell since the mana cost is too high.

But even with the consideration that nerfing purging is in the end a buff to rdruids, rdruids are still not fine. I mean… they have a minor defensive that gives barkskin a shield that in arenas absorbs for 15k… now imaging stacking that. I mean… come on. Rdruids have never had absorbs. They shouldn’t have one, not now or ever. No wonder it doesn’t matter if they fail at bearforming stuns.

You mean like resounding protection that has been in game and rdruids and every healer had it since like bfa launch but tied to 1 min cd? You have more uptime on resounding and more shield absorb throughout the game because u won’t be spamming barkskin on cd. The druid one ties all your defensive traits to a 1 min cd, for better or worse.

I have not looked at every single piece that could drop but the ones i have that have that druid trait have subpar outer ring traits.

Really…

Now pay attention to the strength of those shields (click the link and set the bar to ilvl 400). Add to this that barkskin is guaranteed to be at full strength when activated, which means it will be 24k with two traits and up to 36k if you manage to get three. This can then be activated while stunned. If you are “pro” you might even have at least two hots up and running.
Resounding protection will be 14k if two traits and up to 21k if you manage to get three. It may not be on full strength if one gets stunned when being trained.

When checking druids playing at the tournaments they have all gone for those traits when they are up against teams that might swap to them. The ones I checked had at least two of those traits, in one game… Chas I think, had two Ursoc Endurance traits and one Resounding Protection.

But sure sure, it’s all the same… right.

???

One refreshes every 30 sec automatically with ~60% the shield value, other one is on 1 min use of a cd. Most rdruids especially below 2k who can’t manage mana or cds perfectly might be better off just using resounding. You are getting much more shield over the course of a game with resounding, i hope you can see the difference between 30 second automatic refresh and a on-demand use with minimum 1 min cd.

Also resounding can refresh during your bark if you are lucky and get attacked towards the end of the 30 sec refresh timer resulting in more absorb during your bark I believe, but that is rng and not reliable.

Chas is very smart to not stack it to 3 cuz if they swap when you use it, you are paper after.

If you are “pro” you might even have at least two hots up and running.

More than a few things wrong with this so not going to entertain further.

I so much want to jump on my holy paladin but 2 things stop me.
1: The neck farm and I will have to farm hard becouse my palafin has only level 26 neck.
2: The mastery. Who had this stupid idea to turn the holy paladins into a full melee healers? The main purpose of a healer is to stay behind the group and use his healing abilitys. Sure using melee wings and going melee mode is ok and I have nothing against that but having to stay in a melee range with my partner(s) becouse of my mastery is not good. I’m more open to being chain CC’d and trained down.

I do really belive that mana nerf is a huge step, a good one, back in wotlk mana was the same, and you’re right, resto druid never had an absorb shield back in the days, but if they would have reduce the mana cost of DISPELL / PURGES and REMOVING the dispell CD and make them as they were in wotlk that shield wouldn’t be much of a problem, because if you have a dispell spam your dps can connect more to his target or the healing from hots won’t be that strong, you see ? there is a circle in this…

We talk to much about how strong is resto druid and we forget how the healers should be, and what a change actually means, nerfing the resto druid even more won’t do any good… PVP DEVs should focus on the other healers which is a good start… and after that they can take in consideration about makeing some nerfs and buffs.

I’m not going to repeat myself, my post there already responded to that.

Also, I forgot, on top of that shield barkskin still does bring damage reduction. Disc is suppose to be the shield class and we don’t have anything remotely as good as that.
And no, even with buffs to disc rdruid is still to strong.

Or it has to do with the major traits… but it’s sweet that you now recognize how strong it is so you think it might be so valuable that you could consider choosing your gear based upon that trait alone. :slight_smile:

It still makes it an unviable target to swap too.

They should look over the tankiness over a number of dps classes, but still, that shield alone dumbs down the spec by a massive amount.

Why are you complaining about rdruid having a shield when every healer can get it?

I never said the things you are claiming. It is all in your biased head. Too biased to look at things clearly. waste of time to continue the discussion. rdruid is nowhere even close to being disc priest op in s1 but there are 10x more discs crying.

Every healer can get hold of a 36k shield with 20% damage reduction and that’s guaranteed to be up once a minute and is usable while stunned?
Or are you trying to tell that 21k is the same thing as 36k?

Hell I even left some leeway there in my first response to you in case you for any reason can’t stack three traits. But I guess the message didn’t go home by doing that.

Disc would need far more seasons than one as op in order to catch up to rdruids domination in pvp.

I’m also glad you learned a new word, biased, hence the repetition of it. Too bad you don’t understand it yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.