Restoring a deleted character in Wow Classic

On some servers are not available, due to … bad management of Blizzard.
Background: i deleted my lvl 60 good geared char on Ashbringer and few weeks later i decided to restore him, but turns out it cannot be done on a “locked” servers if you dont have any playable characters there.
So,you wanna tell me that a 15 years old game which was in work for 2 years can possibly have this issue?
How can you even have a locked servers in first place?
Why do I have to deal with that issue and not u,by maybe… making MORE SERVERS??
Thanks a lot for a great customer service… and a function Undeleting a character,which cannot be USED CAUSE YOU LOCKED YOUR OWN SERVERS
Hats off

3 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. Cant restore my 45 lvl huner on firemaw eu. Opened a ticket and estimated response time is 8 days.
this is all blizzard fault cause we would never knew that you cant restore your char on a locked server . they have to hotfix this…

I got a reply to my ticket after 3 days and it said basically nothing can be done.

You have already posted this thread: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/undeleting-character-is-not-working-no-reply-by-blizz-support/

And received multiple detailed answers about (un)deleting toons.

Though maybe it’s not explained well in that thread, I’ll also link the more detailed explanation for measures against overcrowding: Layers and Character Creation Adjustments on Select Realms

Edit: See bluepost below with the restart and undeleting toons on locked realms.

Stupid question, why did you delete it? Delete after all should be thought of as permanent, not as storage for characters.

The only thing you can do is make an ingame suggestion. From another realm of course, they all go to the same place.

The realms are far too full of players and Blizzard want to stop more people going there.

2 Likes

Little offtopic, but i like your style :smiley:

1 Like

From US forum:

• Players can now undelete characters on locked realms, if the character is available for undeletion.

Feels like its been fixed, can you guys confirm?

Hi Maimun,

As Saneko mentioned, there are restrictions on select realms.

With the restarts this week, players should now be able to undelete characters normally, but other character creation/transfer restrictions still apply.

Nice to hear Blizzard are doing something quickly and effectively.