Ret Pally nerfs are here. Free rating session is over

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER

PALADIN

• Crusader’s Reprieve healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
  • Retribution
    • Developers’ notes: Retribution Paladins have been heavily overperforming in PvP with their recent 10.0.7 changes. We’re primarily targeting their burst damage, passive survivability, and PvP talents that we feel are contributing too much overall damage.
    • Judgment of Light healing reduced by 35% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    • Inquisitor’s Ire effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
    • Fading Light effectiveness reduced by 75% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    • Justicar’s Vengeance now deals 15% additional damage to stunned targets in PvP combat.
    • Justicar’s Vengeance healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
    • Blessing of Dawn effectiveness reduced by 25% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    • Divine Arbiter direct damage reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    • Vanguard of Justice effectiveness reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    • Empyrean Legacy increases the damage of Divine Storm by 15% in PvP combat (was 25%).
    • Luminescence (PvP Talent) now increases damage and healing by 2% (was 4%).
    • Lawbringer (PvP Talent) now deals 2% of maximum health (was 4%).
    • Fixed an issue that caused Avenging Wrath’s 75% PvP multiplier to not function for Retribution Paladins.

Turns out ret was indeed overtuned after all.

Update: "Due to overwhelming feedback, the Retribution Paladin changes in the above notes are going to be pushed live tonight.”

6 Likes

nooo now all the retri fotm rerollers will go back to playing dh/warrior

5 Likes

Not even nearly enough. I don’t want to see ret paladins anywhere near viable for the rest of the expansioin.

2 Likes

I would like to point out one thing out of all this :

Fixed an issue that caused Avenging Wrath’s 75% PvP multiplier to not function for Retribution Paladins.

So these guys came in PvP with all the opness brought by the rework, and wings became 1min and the PvP mod vanished so they dealt even more damage, and still some of them were like “but bro, give it 3 weeks so ppl learn to counter it”. Amazing.

6 Likes
  • Crusader’s Reprieve healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.

I’m really glad they changed this so Holy Paladins can suffer even more and be even more squishy =) good job blizzard! Maybe nerf holy paladin a bit more so we can all chill at the mariana trench together while every other healer keeps gettings buff after buff, can legit sit on my keyboard and roll my way to 3.4 as ret but cant get past 3k as holy because of it’s god awful state.

3 Likes

How can it take a week to fix this? Completely ridiculous and lost all faith in blizz. Prolly not gonna sub for S2. Holinka is a joke, he needs to resign.

2 Likes

xD watching these numbers.

Hopefully there was some test in ptr… :>

If you have to nerf something for 75% clearly there wasn’t ptr testing, which is interesting, since there was a tourney.

Fading Light is actually the Absorb and extra dmg through Seal of Order. The dmg nerf is warranted, the question is mostly how much the absorb will be nerfed since it wasnt per say overpowered but overtuned. So 75% nerf will mean going from 10% to 2.5% absorb. Granted its still passive, but will be still interesting to see how much effect this will have(or if it will just be ignored now). Just wondering why they decided to wait with the nerfs instead of just applying it with a hotfix. They have done it for 2 days in a row, so why not this aswell?

But yes, blizzard is not known to test things in PvP even if actual high PvP players gives feedback.

Paladins have always been a class for grandmothers and their grandchildren. You can continue killing pigs in Elwynne and leave the game to the true players.

1 Like

Its gonna be Final Verdict build now which was already good imo

its mostly a nerf to survivability, dmg will still be really high.

Wrong nerfs, i expected this tho.

it won’t be as bad hopefully really not looking forward to them all going back to warriors though i hope they pick something different

It’s called Copium my friend.

1 Like

lmao said the lock. You should tryout demo. Ones the spotlight is off the pala people will start to notice a tiny little gnome warlock that needs a massive nerf lol.

Well they can’t come soon enough. Guess I have to go outside for the weekend. See you next week folks.

Demo got nerfed too.

2 Likes

Your overall arena experience is not really speaking in your favor.

It’s my old character. Got multiple level 70’s

oh jesus this fact need to be pinned, so everyone can look this incident later and reminisce on it when similar cases rise

By “overall” i meant across all your characters.