Returning RP'er Any help on Pilot/supply run RP tips

Hey
After some real life stuff I’m back to play my favourite game and I need some pointers from experienced RP chaps. My Character is a Gnome…bear with me grrr.
So Razz the Pup is My main guy and I play him like a human effectively rather than a comedy dude (I’m a short human in real life lol). So what i need help with is any suggestions on how to RP as a pilot. Razz is a bit mouthy and I have based him on a sort of Han solo / Rick Sanchez so I have been doing tricky drops in dangerous places.

I have been doing some supply runs by air for some guilds with my refurbished ex-alliance military gyro copter, I paid for the wreck didn’t steal it ;). But the thing is not being a real pilot or having RP’ed this before I wondered if anyone knows a good source to help me be more accurate-ish in the role or has any tips on doing this?
So some emote ideas?
Correct language for pilots?
Or ideas on how to sell my services in character?

Would just like to say thanks to all the cool cats in Darkshire and beyond who have been so patient and nice. It’s been totally what I needed after the family stuff and mental health troubles I have had to deal with in the past year. Glad to be back on the argent dawn.

3 Likes

Hi Raz!

One of the best advice I like to give to people who RP flying machine pilots is to use the /mountspecial wherever you’re about to dismount, this little trick makes the gyro shut off and land. Regarding the pilot gergo there isn’t any particular words used by gnomish pilots, aside from the stereotypical codenames.
My character isn’t an expert but he knows how to pilot a Flying Machine. I don’t really emote much when mounting but sometimes, if I’m required to transport something extremely heavy, I like to emote taking out a rope and tie the cargo to the skids at the bottom.

Oh and if you’re interested in joining a guild suitable for your character, consider joining my guild: Assemblage of Uld, all of us are flying machine pilots! I’ve been in this guild for a while and it’s incredibly active and involved server-wide, generating and attending RP events multiple times a week. We’re a group of dwarves and gnomes who seek titanic artifacts and relics, check us out!

13 Likes

Yeah, bud.

5 Likes

I’d advise you to make up some very long, convoluted technical mumbo-jumbo Macro you can spam before doing ANYTHING like dropping a crate or landing.

2 Likes

Thanks matey that /mountspecial is awesome :slight_smile: once i have settled back into rp and looking for a guild I’ll drop by :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a youtuber who is a licenced pilot who roleplays a pilot on FSX: Multiplayer. You might be able to adopt some jargon from him maybe.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.