Returning To A Covenant You Left

Any update on when this hotfix will be in? Benn waiting to swap now since it was announced. Thanks

pull the rip… a i don’t care anymore. Will be feature of 9.2

Still not live?

1 Like

Feel the meaningness guys. feel it!

Said it before and I will again. Taking things we had freedom for before and making them into ‘‘Choices’’ is the wrong way to go blizz. Make them about something new that isn’t about player power or talent choices.

While this is welcome, the need to make this change means Preach has been proved right. He said as much straight to Ion’s face in an interview prior to Shadowlands launching.

The feedback Blizzard was given was that the Covenant system, tied to player power, was unbalanceable. Preach cited previous expansions where Blizzard had promised and then failed to balance systems and Shadowlands has proven those fears were well founded.

The inability to properly balance the system also contributed to the huge delay before the expansion came out. Now many of us have to migrate to other covenants which are now declared as ‘best’ thanks to the latest round of balancing.

And the kicker, the real kicker, is that the Covenants are such a waste of an idea. Four thematically distinct groups with unique stories to whom we can pledge our loyalty and slowly progress to unlock mounts, toys, pets and unique transmogrification rewards over the course of an expansion with new rewards being added as the expansion progressed?

Brilliant Idea. Until they insisted on plugging player power in there. When is a choice not a choice? When there is only one right answer out of the options provided. So many people are stuck working Covenants they don’t like to play their classes in the best way.

Too late to fix now of course, but they can’t say they weren’t told this would be the outcome. Still, please learn the lesson this time because right now you are working on the next expansion. No more borrowed power and no more artificial barriers to us playing our specs. If you aren’t comfortable giving us an ability permanently, don’t give it to us.

4 Likes

Could you at least be a little more specific?
A lot of people are waiting for this to happen, myself included.

2 Likes

yes please tell us I want to play my alt but hes stuck inbetween coves.

please uncle blizzard, i need to swap^^

Not really. Since the patch you can’t turn that quest in.

i just want to tell u, the hotfix is live now

1 Like

What a :poop: show Retail has become with SL 🤦

1 Like

No, just dont force players to switch meta whenever they want to just because they need something to bec alled a change and new addition. Its a slap in the face and waste of time what u alr worked so hard for, then to just up and leave because they tell u to. Disgusting, and its even more digusting to see how many of u do it. Its called something i wont mention here.

That is the way I like to play the game. I like to make the most of myself at every avenue possible. The fact that you don’t doesn’t mean that everyone else that does should be restricted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.