Rework Mages

So you don’t like fire yourself, and you backseat game me, that I should just change? How about no?

I do like fire.

I said im bad at playing it lol theres a difference.

1 Like

I am one off those players.
I play all three specs atm because Fire is lacking a bit in comparison too Frost in Raid situations.
If they make Fire to do a little bit more ST or make it slightly more mobile, I will swap in a hearthbeat.
I LOVE how Fire plays and how combusting (pun intended) it’s playstyle is :slight_smile:
It’s :fire:

Looking at the mage discord (and WCL rankings) ALOT off players like Fire mage as it is aswell…
I feel like it’s the RoP crowd all over again :rofl:

1 Like

I think most would, the sheer popularity of the specc when it was good shows thst greatly.

Fires dominance needs to come back :joy::joy: i will always play fire when its good. I do need to get better at it tho. I seem to drop to tank level damage more then i should haha

I think there’s a bit of bias due years and years playing the same class. Things that are kinda accepted and give it for granted.

I just moved to mage world this expansion (what a timing :_D) but I’m a long wow player (from Vanilla so… yeah… day one ) . Sometimes it’s good to have some perspective about your classes coming from other ones.

I’m still in this learning curve about mages, and even if now I kind of feel “comfortable” and i can play my Arcane mage at a decent even good levels I’ve gotta say that there’s something exhausting about this class.

Explaining myself, you can see the mage potential, there’s a lot of things that a pro-mage can do and the utility in M+ it’s awesome, that said, the fact that you gotta know in advance every minor detail not only of the encounters, but the pulls your tank will take, at what pace and how big, pray for a tank that knows how mages work and don’t mess your damage due crazy movements, and a long of considerations make mage a reaaaallyyyyy exhausting and not intuitive class to play.

After a +18 or +19 i feel tired, i need some time and i don’t want to touch my mage for a while, that never happened with the other 5 classes i main at some point in my wow life.

Usually in forums you’ll get the “git good” answers, that helps nothing, I understand the core of my rotation, how mages work by now and I still feel it’s “not fun” there’s this fun parts and awesome rewarding moments when you nail a rotation/situation, but it feels also extremely punishing, frustrating and not flexible at all.

In raid i found myself doing 20k more of dps in one try just because a tank moved the boss closer to the adds so now my touch of magi is dealing damage when the other 10 tries the mobs were just 1 meter far away … It’s just boring to move every encounter, positioning and tactics around the mage dps to make them shine and use their true potential, if there’s just a tiny thing not aligned then your burst is gone, your dps is garbage and you feel miserable.

Controlling timers in every encounter to be like 5 steps in advance of what will happen and controlling 120 multiverses to not mess up your rune of power and burst window it’s maybe fun for some players, for me after all this years playing this game I just feel it’s not fun and I don’t care about the numbers you can get, it’s just boring.

Not only that it’s no intuitive at all, look at the number of things we need to control and the amount of weakauras needed to play your class properly, take this screenshot during boss/dungeons encounters and it’s just a damn mess, or thing about someone just using the WoW interface, no addons no nothing and tell me if they’ll understand what’s going on behind the arcane’s rotation.

Fun for me is the possibility of adapt depending of the encounter or dungeon situation, not deciding when my RIGID NO FAIL EVEN A SINGLE FRAME OF A SPELL Burst will happen.

Playing mage just feels like i have “control” on WHEN i’ll trigger the sequence of exact same spells rotation and pacing will happen, that’s all, and if you fail just one of this sequence you’re doomed, you’re bad and “git good” .

I know that at the end of they day this is a personal opinion, for sure there’s people that like this kind of play style but I feel that no matter what mages are not (definitely) a welcoming class for new players (maybe only frost), and even if you learn how to play it based on my experience there’s funnier, more rewarding and intuitive clases around.

1 Like

It’s not only the difficulty of mage itself for me. It’s that it for one simply doesn’t feel good at all (clunkiness). It’s not rewarding. It doesn’t perform in stranger environments like pugs or solo shuffle. In pvp currently you have to play as a cc bot -.- You are at the mercy of your group as fire, which is lame. The spec has almost as many buttons as affliction, but most spells have the exact same damage profile, and it requires you to be very precise (e.g. perfect openers, combustion sequence has to be precise, scorching low health mobs is very annoying, rune of power is not fun, and lastly the spec is balanced entirely around pro-play adwell). In solo shuffle, if people use defensives during your combustion and live, you just run around after to cc like a chicken. The spec is rly stressful, and running out of fireblasts during combustion is the worst feeling ever. It simply just feels bad and unfun. I hate scorching during combustion more than everything in this game. Hard casting pyroblasts to get combustion without fireblasts ans then casting scorch makes me wanna puke over my keyboard.

Ice floes. I’m telling ya, it works so well with skb/clasm casts. Makes the rotation feel smoother. Also helps with SP, especially on stupid storming, interupting my stupid casts.

You playing without firey rush? Or with no haste. Recharge time on fireblast is very generous and you have PF if you dont want to scorch. O and most casters have to cast during their big cds ya know.

The spec works fine in pugs, you just have to decide before hand if its a flamestrike dungeon or not. Play al’s fury and flame patch, mostly all insant casts and try and prioritise vers over mastery (after haste). You get a bad tank and it’s more punishing than most specs, sure, but thats the tanks fault. Scorching under 30% on sucks if the mobs are falling over too fast, any type of progress content its amazing, recharges all your IBs and PFs for the next pack.

Edit: Made a low key aoe build
B8DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIJQolIRkUAOQLhISikAAAAAAAAAgDQSiEJKJJCRSSSSDAAAA

Edit2: forgot to say I know little of pvp but don’t think its a surprise fire mage would struggle in the first season of solo shuffle. Maybe they add some pvp talents to help balance solo shuffle soon. Balancing solo shuffle without ruining arena seems tough.

No rework for mages bro, blizzard is too busy breaking game by making warrior arms and rouge assassination OP, ain’t got time to some meaningless mage…

rubbish…

I always cringe reading this…
Yikes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.