Rogue - Stealth in M+

Hi all, my thoughts on the “stealth” ability in M+:
It’s one thing that really annoyed me a lot when i’m mostly playing “assassination”.
That is when you are doing a dungeon, and the Tank is chainpulling. You can never re-stealth for BIG openers were most of the damage comes from. So you feel useless compared to other classes/specs.

So, how can we fix this issue? I was thinking about that you can automatically use the “stealth” ability if you have not taken any damage last 5 sec, or used any ability last 5 sec. Something like that. (also can make this to only work in a M+ scenario).

I loved the spec, but can’t play the spec for the obvious reason.
Thanks for reading, and hope Blizzard find a solution for this.

1 Like

The numbers could be debated, of course, tho Vanish and Shadow Dance are designed for this purpose. I think the other part of the conversation, one people almost never talk about, is that Stealth in Group PvE is not really necessary. The Top 1% is irrelevant, as min/maxing to that degree doesn’t have that significant of an effect to the vast majority of Players.

For the average Player, Stealth in PvE doesn’t matter, and the game isn’t designed in a way, that really offers much uses for it. In many ways, balancing damage around Stealth is actually detrimental to Class Design, and if things were instead balanced around the same things other Classes do, that would help a lot. Of course, this fundamentally comes down to the fact, that WoW is a Combat Game, and there’s very little of any other kind of gameplay offered in it. Stealth could have some great applications, if avoiding Combat was somehow rewarded better, and if Non-Combat Gameplay was invested in. Alas, we’re not there, and I doubt we ever will be.

So, I’m not really against your idea, even if the numbers seem way too generous. I just feel it doesn’t necessarily address the real issue, and is more like trying to plug a hole in your boat with a T-Shirt. Still, until the larger issues are addressed, short term solutions like the one you proposed could be useful.

2 Likes

You have some good points, and I agree with you 100%. I just wanted to throw it out there, that I felt like assassination got punished a bit too much in an M+ scenario. Other than that I got no complaints and I love the Rogue :slight_smile: