Roleplay Hotspots

Now, I know about Silvermoon, Stormwind and some places in Orgrimmar, but I am relatively new to roleplay and roleplay realms. What are some good places to visit for some roleplay? I expected to find a ton of RP in Boralus for example, seeing as it is accesible and safe for lower levels but I found it to be copletely empty.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s mostly the lower level areas in old Azeroth. I’ll occasionally run into roleplay ers in places like Loch Modan, Darkshire and Ashenvale. I guess it’s an accessibility thing, plus it’s not a major hub like Boralus.

I’d love to RP in Boralus but it’s full of people idling or doing quests, which might disturb RP.

2 Likes

Or one might embrace it, like, “Oh, look at all these people eager to be ‘all they can be’ for the Alliance!”

…Unless those people are behaving very ‘unsoldierly’…

I’ve never played on Terokkar, but in my realms (Alliance), most of the RP I’ve seen has been in Stormwind (Trade District / The Blue Recluse) and Darkshire (although I wouldn’t call Darkshire an RP ‘hub’).

The Lion’s Pride Inn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It is quite sad, how roleplay seem to take place only in a few selected areas.

When I walk through Boralus, it screams roleplay to me. It is filled with atmosphere and has more places than I can count where a group of people could easily include the surroundings into a tale. I guess old habbits are hard to break, sadly.

It is true, that in some places in Boralus, it can be packed with players, but if you just take a few steps away from the main street…What a city, just awaiting with endless possiblities.

5 Likes

Whenever I come back to roleplay, this is always the issue that saddens me. The world is full of gorgeous landscapes and small settlements perfect for RP of all kinds - but there’s nobody to be found.

It’s a bit of a neverending cycle honestly, people don’t want to RP in areas where nobody else is, so most congregate where the majority are - making the world emptier.

7 Likes

Yes exactly. I guess the way forward would be a very populated server where plenty of guilds would host events, taking turns. Not easy to crack that nut open.

2 Likes

Honestly as I level my Dark Iron rogue I’m often pleasantly surprised to run into roleplay ers in the most random locations.

2 Likes

Well, The Botany Band is a very good start :slight_smile: The LookingForRP community in The Sha’glade Cartel realms is slowly growing, as is the BattleTag LookingForRP community, so we are babystepping in the right direction, I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sure is! :slight_smile:

Even though these arent hotspots, so dont shoot me, but heres an awesome thread by Chatty for upcoming serverwide events. She keeps the thread up to date and youll find a social event at least twice a week!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.