Russian premade DDOSed BG

literally crashed the server when they were losing

6 Likes

Моя вкусная картошка, которую я использую, чтобы заставить вас смеяться над водкой.

5 Likes

I am not It expert ,but i can kinda assume that it is impossible to ddos specific BG :thinking:
I think you should just git gud

yeah never i ve ever been disconnected from a BG since i’m on this char but now 2 times middle of the fight while im stomping them both of which against the exact same premade, must be total coincidence, sure thing buddy
not before not after but only the times when i play against those players? what are the chances?

8 Likes

Ofcourse it can be done, not by just any scriptkiddie though. Like you said, you’re not an expert so don’t rule it out then. :slight_smile:

Edit: That isn’t me saying it did happen btw. Thought I should at least clarify it.

5 Likes

There has been lot of disconnecting, world server down and authenticator/login server problems lately especially on weekend evenings. Wouldn’t jump to blame opposing team players if this would happen to me.

2 Likes

well okay might not be ddos but exploit, they found a way and now abusing it, it’s possible in games like cs go and tf2 so wouldnt be suprised if they found a method here as well

2 Likes

But that would require some live action by hacker i assume?

well russians are known for hacking in every game they touch
looking at dota and counter strike

11 Likes

I’m guessing this is an idiom that google translate has translated literally making absolutely no sense whatsoever: ‘My delicious potato that I use to make you laugh at vodka.’
Yep …

11 Likes

i tried translating it to hungarian and basically “he used his delicious potato so i can laugh at vodka”
intresting…

1 Like

Also if you think someone is exploiting, report it to hacks@blizzard.com
I doubt it’s possible to DDOS 1 particular battleground halfway through … and I’ve won battlegrounds against Russian teams with no crashing/DCing or anything. It sounds like a ‘normal’ server crash (normal as opposed to deliberate)

Russians are exploiting BGs for years now, and Blizzard just ignore this fact.
Plenty of forums about that.

4 Likes

If they crashed the server then they logged out too. I dont belive that it happened.

I translated to polish and got:
“My delicious potato, that I use to make vodka laugh” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Google translator! Everytime outcome is different! After three translations~ You, Me and Vodka are laughing :rofl:

I dont know about this game and this battleground but I remember that in other MMO it was possible to crash server/battleground/players by creating army of Mobs like… summoning tons of pets that were too much to handle by most/all players around. For example Necromancer in Age of Conan could have permanent Army of the Dead if he would wish for it~ using weaker minions at greater numbers. Imagine 5+ Necromancers with 50+ pets.

We have plenty of toys and macros~ overloading with non-essential data is possible in theory. That is a DDOS attack by its definition anyway :sweat_smile:

I don’t see the reason to “hack” a BG. If they wanted to avoid getting the loss, they could have just mass left the BG, no?

Gotta love the dedication though.

“comrade we are losing!!”

“Da. Hack potato so server crash… Blame vodka”

6 Likes

Actual footage of the DDoS

3 Likes

hey i dcd must be putin!!!111!!

Моя вкусная картошка, которую я использую, чтобы заставить вас смеяться над водкой.

“My delicious potato, that I use to make you laugh vodka” for RU > FR.

Words to live by…