Server merge maintenance in EU servers

Hi folks…

I was wondering who had the brilliant idea on doing the server merge maintenance on EU servers during the prime time in EU countries…

GJ well done…

Regards.

2 Likes

The US based developers :slight_smile:

tbh every hours a Prime hour in a country… this isnt possible to manage.

also on the other hand

NO HOURS a prime hour, We’re in Dead content before a New Expansion lmfao, Most players are on PTR Testing new Features, in Beta Playing with the New Features or Taking a break.

Calm down… its not like anything you get now wil have any value in a few weeks when PTR Gets a Release date… as the Squish, Corruption removal and all will simply remove most of what u’ve earnt outside Basic gear… which the Prepatch content will give you anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

what do you mean every hour is a prime hour??? Night exists hello my friend

1 Like

“tbh every hours a Prime hour in a country… this isnt possible to manage.”

you know that is not true right?? you’re talking about EU servers based in EU countries that have like maximum 1 to 3 hours between them… literally is prime time in every country on EU right now…

1 Like

Yes… and Currently its Night in UK… coming uptoo 10pm on a Week Day…

When theres Multiple hours Difference forward and Backwards in another country… its not night for them.

10pm at Night?.. isnt a Prime hour? lmfao… its a Week Day… Alot have work tomrorow at like 8pm… which normally is a 6am wake up for quite a few… right now is 8 hours Prior 6… and by doctor recommendation thats what you need

Also…

When i was a Night worker, these hours would fit me perfect… as i’d of been going to work (im now on day time hours.)

Someone who Doesnt work its peak hour for them permanantly…

Someone with a 9-5 job may be asleep by now.

In any contry 1 hour ahead of me… they’ve got half hour left of Peak hour.

In any country 2 hours ahead of me… Peak hour has left

Peak hours are 5pm - 11pm. its 9:30 in England… which puts Alot of countrys between 10:30 - 12:30am. which are most defintly not peak hours.

You know by defenition prime time is between 20.00 and 23.00 right???

They just needed to stick with the 2 AM to 7 AM maintenance like they do on a weekly basis…
Not 21.00 to 04.00 like they are doing for some unknown reason…

2 Likes

n the UK , prime time (known as peak time in that country) runs from 17:30 to 23:00.

These are the Stated Peak hours for my country :stuck_out_tongue: Alot earlier then 8.

Or we can just run with the fact… a Expansion is Approaching… and who seriously cares about Lost progression in a Dead Expansion, just Let em do their work… the new expansions more important then BFA At this point.

im almost certain the Weekly thing is actually a 15 minute Restart not actual Maintaince…

the game Basically never comes down for Maintaince.

could be ALOT worse.

Most MMORPGS come down In the Middle of the day… blizzard Defintly do it better then most companies.

FFXIV For example, goes Down from 7am uptoo 2pm… which is Infuritating if It falls on your day off… and ESO goes down uptoo Mulitple times a Week Continously during Playing hours.

im sure there is a reason they’ve decided to do it like this… but they arent gonna disclose every movement they make realistically.

either way

England is +0:00, and Majority of Countries are Above England in time.

Which puts Most countries half hour away from being out of Peak hours… and others Half over OVER the Prime time.

Central europe is currently 22:39… big woop they missed 20 minutes of peak hour.

Eastern Europe are 23:39 which puts them all out of peak hour.

Belarus and Western Russia is at 24:39 which puts em WAY out of peak hour

Again explain to me how EVERY countries in Peak hour right now?

@Spooki: That is probably roughly correct as when WCR was still used a lot, almost all EU realms had their highest numbers starting roughly between 18:30 - 18:45 and ending somewhere between 21:30 and 22:30 server time. On some realms the prime time lasts somewhat longer, because they have more people playing who are “west” of server time (in other words, mostly people from UK and Portugal).

As to Blizzard’s timing, they could have started an hour later (or even 30 minutes) and that would have already reduced the impact a lot.

1 Like

what are you talking about ???

you know that this maintenance started at 21.00 (20.00 in UK)

22.00 for easter EU countries…

Literaly only russian missed the prime time… and russian servers are not even based in EU if i’m not mistaken…

I’m talking about EU servers based on EU getting maintenance during these hours…

1 Like

life changing issue… go outside and breath some air.

don’t forget your mask tho…

1 Like

One day out of thousands they shut down early and you still complain. You have had plenty of notice about this to rearrange your schedule.

You seem to have seriously bad planning skills OP.

1 Like

Heh, may i introduce to you the weekly maintenance times of Blade & Soul? THOSE are done in our actual prime times

Well gathering 20 ppl in the end of expansion is not easy, and doing a servers merge while ppl raid is not a clever move.

1 Like

That afaik is correct. Should have just done it at the regular times as per usual. Like 3 to 11 etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.