Server merges happening

This is false, factions are not preventing people from playing, populations on both are quite healthy, particularly TBC so this argument falls flat. Faction divide is the basis for WoW, they should never remove that, at least in these older versions, though i cannot support it in Retail either, ruins the feel of the game, the identity and it becomes incredibly stale. The basis for the faction conflict is the different stereotypes and ideals which constantly clash against each other, you can’t really change that without severely damaging the game itself.

1 Like

We at Zandalar Tribe have a small community that we love and that is slowly increasing. We raid Kara and ZT weekly together and are attempting Gruuls Lair on Monday for the first time. It’s something.

And now it would appear all of this is coming to an end? Haiya…

There argument is…

To maintain healthy populations for Burning Crusade Classic realms

Those that wanted to transfer have already taken the transfer, the rest of us are HAPPY with how things currently are. The population is a healthy one for us and it’s slowly increasing.

And if they decide to advance on their decision on August 10th (most likely, let’s be real), we may find ourselves on a non RPPVP server. They have yet to make an announcement whether or not we’ll have an RPPVP server.

2 Likes

Please do not close ANY of the RP servers!

This goes for all 3 RP servers! We’re grown up persons - we can decide how we want to play!

2 Likes

Well times change and honestly in the future I could even see the factions being merged into one, as they continue to defend Azeroth from whatever threat is thrown at them… and let’s be real this is what WoW was always about, it was never about Horde v Alliance, that was merely a sidething if you will.

Faction merge will never happen. If you are seeing that then you need to go and see an optician.

1 Like

Firemaw is currently locked for transfers and creation of new characters, that means that current faction population proportion is locked. If it was not we would see a lot of Alliance migrants very soon. However as restriction of having one faction characters on PvP realm would be lifted off many will level create and use gold to boost their Alliance characters, especially humans, and much more will use new Wrath boosts to reroll to Alliance. Noone would want to play underdog faction if no hope of reinforcement is in foreseeable future.

They are also removing the restriction of having only one faction characters in the same server and this lead to me thinking that maybe they will announce free faction changes in heavily unbalanced PvP servers.
Would you faction change from Ally to Horde on Alliance dominant PvP server to improve the balance?

WoW was about factional cold war. It is in the lore and core design of dual factional playerbase split that factions compete or even clash with each other, occasionally cooperating if external threat is too great.

The problem is that factional balance and PvE / PvE servers split had flaws in it. Uncapped character creation and migration caused us to have monofactional Megaservers.

2 Likes

If the difference is too great noone would be playing on underdog faction.

1 Like

I always understood that PvE realms were the original - hence Normal realms - and that PvP was added later? Cold war, always, but cold! with the occasional and willed clash.

I don’t know if there were only PvE realms first, since I started playing in 25th of May 2005 and then there were Normal, PvP and RP servers only at that time. Never really bothered with this question.

What bothers me is that Blizzard, in their chase for profit from paid transfers, made perfect conditions for mass migrations and forming of Megarealms, making thousands of players quit due to their realms being at the brink of the extinction. The Classic project as a whole suffered because of mismanagement and greed.

3 Likes

Key word being “was”. Times do change. And well I think the main issue is most people don’t want a balanced server, because world PvP sucks. So they all try to create mono faction servers as you say .

This merge will matter to five people who came back for wotlk, there is no need to get excited really unless you are one of those five.

And for all the Role players on Celebras and Hydraxian Waterlords, and the nascent community of Zandalar Tribe.

• Keep LFD, Dual spec, Race and Faction changes in Wrath Classic (but not at launch)

• Give 2 Era servers for TBCC

• Let the RP servers survive.

2 Likes

ohhh, did somebody hurt your feelings because you need to insult and bully people, poor you, here, have a cookie -_-

1 Like

how i can find my characters which is delete it from realm

Along with it free character transfers were introduced in background. Many small realms used this pre consolidation opportunity and it is game changer for them to be able to transfer whole guilds and all of their alts and continue playing in Wrath, instead of dying and quitting over time.

Wait around up to 24th of August, when 2 weeks from consolidation start end and look for your character(s) on Mograine PvP EU. Most would end up there or on Hydraxian Waterlords RP.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.