Significant FPS drops when looking at Anima Conduit streams - New thread

"After patch 9.0.5 dropped there are large FPS drops when looking at or being near Anima Conduit visual streams. I’m playing on a y5070 laptop, and was running in 20-25fps range before patch. Now zones like Elysian Hold are pretty much unplayable with 7-8fps with no addons and every possible setting set to minimum (even lowering resolution scale to 533x300).

I’m pretty sure it’s the Anima Conduit zone-wide stream effects after checking it on Kyrian, Night Fae and Necrolord characters with conduits open, and then going to the same spot with a character without said conduit. For instance, going to Hero’s rest in Bastion as Kyrian and watching at Elysian Hold from a distance gives me 10fps. Doing the same thing from the same spot on necrolord character results in 22-24fps without any issues. May be a higher quality texture ignoring settings after the patch."

Original post. Blizzard closed the first thread because “bumping 3 months old thread”. Of course I bump it since Blizzard doesn’t give any updates and just waits for people to forget about the thread so they can avoid fixing the issue.

Since there’s no option to message the mods that close threads, I’m making a second thread to trace the issue.

Edit: FPS drops horribly (personally since 60 to 30 fps) in kyrian themed maps (bastion, spires, kyrian arena) for no reason. This seems to be caused by a particles overload which was analyzed in depth by another player and I’m sure Blizzard is aware of it, but they give literally no update about such an important issue.

2 Likes

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/significant-fps-drops-when-looking-at-anima-conduit-streams/259000/24

Almost word for word… The same title.

Reopening a closed thread is a breach of the forum code of conduct.

I see, but did you read what I typed in the message or you can’t read ? I never denied it’s the same title or post, I specified that I made this thread to track the issue since the old one was closed for an irrelevant reason.

1 Like

If it is still an issue it is still relevant to post about it. Closing a thread does not mean that the issue has been solved. I agree with your post.

1 Like

We’re happy to have a thread open discussing potential technical issues, but the last thread had not been active for 3 months, which would imply it was no longer an issue for a lot of the thread’s participants. We do not want such old issues bumped needlessly, and with a patch coming up very soon we’d ask for your patience and see what your experiences are like after this maintenance first.