Spice Bread Recipe

Spice Bread

**[![|320x240](http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-foNSG0rMgcI/UYK0r7G4VAI/AAAAAAAAAG0/NdUY9NBRbLY/s320/Bread+6.jpg)](http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-foNSG0rMgcI/UYK0r7G4VAI/AAAAAAAAAG0/NdUY9NBRbLY/s1600/Bread+6.jpg)**

2 sec cast
Reagents:

Simple Flour, Mild Spices

Yeah…right. Here is the recipe I will attempt:

5hr cast - movement will not break cast.
Reagents:

• 1 tbsp active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, soft
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  1. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, water and milk. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours.

2. Next, stir down the mix and add butter, eggs, allspice, and cinnamon. Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough, most of the remaining 3 cups.

3. Turn dough out onto a floured board. Knead the dough for 10 minutes, adding small amounts of flour until dough is soft and not sticky. Put dough in greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the dough top is also lightly greased. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.

4. Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto board and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into round loaf. Put loaves on greased baking sheet. Cut a 1/2-inch X onto the top of each loaf. Cover loaves with clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 45 minutes or until double in size.

5. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until brown. Cooled loaves can be bagged and frozen for later use, though I wouldn’t recommend trying to place them in stacks of 20.

There probably are easier bread recipes, but I didn’t find them. I modified this recipe because of the lack of ingredients and too many exotic ingredients should be reserved, in my humble opinion, for a more complex World of Warcraft recipe. The bread turned out a little dry and not as chewy as I think the recipe intended. I omitted aniseed and molasses, but I also made a noob bread maker mistake and used Cake and Pastry flour because I did not have bread flour. I should have used All Purpose flour, especially since the WoW recipe called for Simple Flour. My bad. The bread was still very tasty, and the mild dryness is cured with jam, honey, etc.

3 Likes

That’s because she’s a women, not a boy.

I disagree, unless she was also a female dragon. So yes, lets go there, don’t shove being trans under the rug just because you don’t like it.

9 Likes

15 Likes

not saying i dont like it, thank you very much

at the very least its debatable

he/she can still be a male dragon, hence why its debatable

1 Like

She clearly uses “she/her” pronouns, so you don’t have to write “he/she”.

6 Likes

cool beans

The fact that people only now started using “he” to refer to Chromie is more telling than your initial post :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Why is it suddenly important to you what gender does shapeshifting dragon has and what pronouns do you have to use? What does it do to you? Can you people just play the game?

15 Likes

It isn’t suddenly important, it has always been a debate within the community and has now simply been confirmed.

Pronouns are used frequently, even in your sentence you’ve used pronouns. So the least you can do is use the correct ones. In fact, nothing has changed, something has merely been confirmed, and suddenly people make a big deal out of it and feel forced to refer to Chromie as “he”.

3 Likes

Don’t dragons change gender, or is that not the case in WoW lore ?

Huh I always thought she was female, there is a voice lines of her saying that Chronormu isn’t a male name.

1 Like

Correct, but it’s HotS so idk how “canon” it is.

Everyone calls me Chromie, but my real name is Chronormu. Huh? No, it is not a male name. You clearly don’t understand the intricacies of dragon culture.

source: https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Chromie/Quotes

1 Like

So what will happen if I call her a “she” by referring the appearence she takes on while being in gnome form? Who cares

2 Likes

Plus I don’t care. I don’t trust her (I have my reasons.)

2 Likes

Everyone has always used “she/her” pronouns, so it’s weird to suddenly use “he/him” and shows when people are triggered by the idea of trans people existing “bEcAuSe BiOlOgY” or something.

2 Likes

just found out and find it interesting,

honestly i dont even notice what i use sorry.

Bonepicker, im not here to pick a fight since i see you are a strong advocate for such things.

Here we go again

11 Likes

I’m going to thread carefully here… :footprints: :footprints:

I am completely on-board with Blizzard’s desire to represent broader diversity in their games for the simple reason that I think it can enrich the story told and make it more appealing and identifiable to myself and others.

However, the premise for that appreciation hinges on the fact that the implementation is good.

And it does seem as if Blizzard are forcing the point sometimes, in ways that isn’t exactly eloquent.

There was questline in Azsuna in Legion where you had to help a female Night Elf find her companion and it turns out to be another female Night Elf. And that was just a nice story on its own and it’s obviously memorable because of the little twist. The point about diversity and representation isn’t forced at all and it appears completely normal and natural within the game.
Well-executed design and a good example of doing it in a way where it enriches the story and gameplay experience. I loved it.

Tracer and Soldier 76 in Overwatch? Great examples as well. It works.

But then there are examples like Chromie where it feels like an afterthought and the goal isn’t to create interesting gameplay or a cool story – it’s just to force more diversity and representation for the sake of it. And that I don’t like. That’s not well-executed design.

Shadowlands has its fair share of it as well. The Ardenweald campaign with The Night Warrior Thiernax and his husband Kadarin, who have chosen a unicorn and a stag form in their afterlives, and who repeatedly insists on telling you – in detail – that they are in fact together and lovers and a couple and male. The whole Night Warrior business? More of an afterthought to Kadarin noting that Thiernax is stubborn – but he still loves him and they died together and now live in the afterlife together. Happy. Together. Male. Lovers. Animals. Get it? Get it?
That’s not well-executed design either. It doesn’t make for a well-told story. It just makes it feel as if the political point gets shoved down my throat to the degree where the game is all but yelling at me: HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL! GET IT!! GEEEEET IT?!!
And that feels a bit excessive and too much.

I really like what Blizzard are trying to achieve, but far too often they’re not very good at pulling it off in a satisfying way that enriches the game(s).

And Chromie is another example of not doing it properly.

:rainbow: :heart:

22 Likes

Oh, sorry i didnt know there was such a thread my bad

Gay and trans people exist without having a good story as well. Why should the implementation be good and can’t just be there? It feels like you’re saying that gay and trans people may only exist in games if their story is good and they are not too open about it. Some people are vocal about being gay, even if it’s just to normalize being so, why can’t in-game characters be like that?

2 Likes