So existing customers get nothing?

I see you are unable to read context in my post as my complaint was not Shadowlands being given away for free.

Actually it makes 1000000000% sense in a marketing vieuw

1 Like

When an Electrical store has had a 42" HD TV selling at £300 for a year and then decides that anyone purchasing that TV now gets a free Smart Speaker, can customers that previously bought that TV go to the store and claim a free speaker?

No. They can’t, and this is not any different.

6 Likes

Is it only because of the boost? Well, that being the case … you got the expansion beforehand? I mean that still has value, right?

And why do you need it anyway? I never understood this whole thing about buying boosts - maybe I’m just outdated. But surely you already have a character that you like to play at max level, so what do you even need a boost for? The point of them getting one is so they can go straight to playing Shadowlands instead of having to level up in the old world first - since the promotion is for Shadowlands.

Jesus Christ are you guys getting paid for this nonsense? You’re all twisting my words around and hammer on something I did not say.

I have no problem with the expansion given away for free, my problem is the free boost alongside of it.

We’re not dense at all, no. We don’t understand why this is such a big deal though. There’s a special promotion near the end of the expansion’s life for people to come and see the expansion last minute, and that means giving them a boost to go play it immediately instead of playing what comes before apparently. You, on the other hand, already had a character you liked and elected not to get a boost, so you don’t need one.

Could they have given you one? I suppose. But why? Do you actually want it or are you just complaining for the sake of it?

1 Like

its called “retention”

Yeah I’d boost a warlock.

When you go to McDonalds and you can get two cheeseburgers for the same price of one, I cannot ask for all the extra cheeseburgers I bought prior to the offer :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hungry.

1 Like

Waah! I want “free” boosts too!

Except they’re not free. People pay for the game and the boost too. The difference is you were late to the game and got just the game.

What if the people who order DF get a free speaker?
But really we need more players. This is a good way to bring people back. If you are still playing it means you enjoy Shadowlands.

Yeah? How is this an issue? You don’t want free stuff lol?

I don’t see why people are defending corporations so much in the comments, or are these just Blizzard employees going rogue to defend the brand under the disguise of coming off as players? Lol

I enjoy M+… I left SL behind me :rofl: all I see nowadays is Oribos, portals, Oribos, portals…

1 Like

A level boost was included in the preorder, to the max level at the time, or -10 from the new max level. I don’t think I need to explain to you why including a level boost to the new max level with the expansion purchase isn’t a thing.

You’re wrong. You only got a boost if you preordered the epic edition. Standard only gave you the expansion and the ability to play a void elf death knight before launch.

Get your facts straight.

Actually it was the heroic edition that included the level boost.

Get your facts straight.

2 Likes

Just give everyone a level boost, problem solved

what about money, do you also want money back on the purchase? :thinking:

Won’t somebody think of the poor billionaire corporation?

You’re already paying them, why would they need to sweeten anything for you? The free stuff is there to rope in players who left.