So i'm looking for a guild, and i'm having a hard time

Hi! I’m looking for an RP guild on AD, i’ve been away from WoW RP for a year, and even then it was on and off for the last 2 years. Me and a friend are trying to get into RP again on WoW and we think starting out with a decent guild might ease us both back in better. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think you need to tell a little about what kind of guild. Military, adventure, criminal, etc. Argent Archives has a guild list also :slight_smile: it’s huge though so will take some time going through

1 Like

Many of the PCU guilds are friendly and they cover a wide array of things (from Stormwind City Guards to Scarlet Crusaders, Horde grunts to Sylvanas Loyalists and more!)

Also this :ok_hand:

I’ve been combing through AA for a few days now, the problem is that my friend and I aren’t entirely all that sure what we’re looking for. As long as it isn’t brrrr bad man evil stuff, we’d likely be interested.

Fair enough.

Also, the problem with AA is that it is (sadly) filled with characters and guilds that haven’t been around for years! Or guilds that no longer exist!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I noticed. Out of curiosity, what is PCU?

A community of guilds that co-operate and agree to banish all ERPers from their RP, in very short terms

We are a community of guilds and we do oppose erp. We also don’t like ooc stuff in spatial channels (/s, /E, /y)

Mainly though its a community of guilds, I think there’s about 25 now, that cover all sorts of different rp concepts.

The officers work together to arrange cross guild events, and many members of the community will run events both for their guild and others.

We usually have a big all guilds event every few months which are always fun ways to interact.

But we have everything from mercs, to adventurers, to markets, to guards, to full blown military ideas!

Or search forums for [PCU]

6 Likes

And to add one important thing to this, PCU is also heavily focused on “show, don´t tell” approach to events.
If an enemy can be portrayed by player, be it member of playable races, dangerous animal or any other appearance that can be shown using a mount, pet, toy or stealing appearance by rogue through pickpocketing, that enemy is portrayed by these means rather than raid marker.
Rolls are also used only sporadically and the focus is rather on player choice when controlling the character rather than luck.

4 Likes

Hm, i’ve read up a bit on the PCU thing, and i’ve seen more good than bad. Some people associated with it seem a bit ‘eh’ but, one other thing i’ve noticed as that it seems to be more primarily Horde RP guilds. There’s a good few Alliance ones in there that I saw though.

It´s more or less 50/50 at this point, but there are multiple neutral/hostile guilds that are on their respective faction purely on OOC terms (such as Sylvanas Loyalist guilds or Scarlet Crusade guild).
I suppose you and your friend are humans, in which case there´s Stormwind City Sentry, who are a guard guild but also do events outside of Stormwind, fighting for Stormwind.
Then there´s Sunnyglade Ratters, who are mercenaries, so rather than directly serving Alliance, the guild takes contracts (but is alligned with the Alliance).

Of course, if you want to play different Alliance race, there are guilds for pretty much all other Alliance races at this point, Dirge of Teldrassil being night elf/worgen, Assemblage of Uld for gnomes, League of Modimus for dwarves, Ethereal Court for void elves (and other people interested in Void) and Order of Oronaar for draenei.

2 Likes

Yeah, the large restriction being that my friend and I are RPing humans for now. I’m sure we’ll try something else down the line. Anyhow thanks for the help, i’ll look into a few and see what my buddy thinks too.

1 Like

Hi, Sentry here. If you are interested in classic guard rp you should definitely join us, we are always looking for new recruits.
I joined a month and a half ago as a total noob in RP and I’m very happy with how they welcomed me into the guild. Lots of events and epic battles almost every day.

2 Likes

damn…

hangs my red bandana up.

Try the more lawful PCU guilds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.