So no buffs for holy priests

Check wow head… And still NO BUFF for holy priest :smiley: They buffing druid reju :smiley: hahaha… Small indie company :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small indie company

First the nerf to Discipline Priests (which is fair, I suppose), but then to see absolutely no sign of direct Holy buffs outside of Fae Guardians? Psht…

I’m legit dismayed at these changes. It’s a bit of a meme that people often forget to mention holypriests, but even blizzard just seems to forget. In raids we are a significant margent behind that even a 5% flat buff wont fix (@ any percentile we are 7 points behind mw and rdruid). We are not desirable in M+ and PvP is very average at best.

Yet Rdruids and MW get buffs and we are left in the dust. A reduction to mana cost and healing increase to flasheal and a flat % increase are generic buffs that would go a long way.

This is starting to get silly and a tad annoying.

1 Like

Shaman got a 50% buff to healing from primordial wave. /shrug

At the very least.

After some time i started to believe that we the holy priests are just too nice. We only complain here leaving the topic inside our community. All other specs are in the general forums discussing and complaining each day. I think we have to scream there more and not only inside here.

Holy Word: Cope :pray: :sob:

3 Likes

It baffles me how people think holy is trash tier.

I wouldn’t sit here and argue we are top tier, but to constantly see us spoken about like we are a hot pile of poop is just ridiculous. We have some incredible players representing our spec, and maybe we don’t appear on logs as common as other healers, but that is primarily due to the communities perception of holy and how the vast majority of CE players will take FOTM classes/specs, the lack of representation at higher levels is a no brainer, but that doesn’t speak any truth to the throughput power house that holy can be.

If we saw minor changes to our spells mana costs, that alone would go a long way.

People go as far as to say you are a stupid moron if you think holy is in a good spot, but I think those words fit perfectly to where we are. We are in a good spot, we ARE capable of performing well and pulling top throughput on multiple fights.

Minor changes would be welcome, but damn are people dramatic af.

1 Like

@inukio

I agree with some of your post. It IS true that Holy can perform well under the right circumstances - I know when I am healing HC Nathria or M+ runs people are surprised at how much healing I can push out. The perception that Holy is a rubbish spec is out there, and I think now is too set in the general WOW mindset to do anything about it unless Blizzard are seen to buff the spec.

However, it is also true that a similarly geared Shaman healer or Resto Druid can perform better and generally have an easier time of it so something is a big off kilter.

My opinion is we need some help - perhaps mana efficiency would be the way ahead and we could then have our own niche as the mana efficient jack-of-all-trades healer. But, I do also think some heals need help. The ‘Echo of Light’ mastery bonus is also fairly hopeless - this really does need looking at because in many many cases it’s of no use. In a high key M+ it’s literally useless and in many raid situations it’s pretty meh. Renew is also pretty meh in my view.

As ever, YMMV

renew is horrible and first talent row is terrible as well

Its because holy is bottem on warcraft logs. We are now considered trash in all reguards. Blizzard set out to do it as well. Its very deliberate. Looks like holy priest is being killed off.

Players believe we are not meta, so we will get ignored. No matter what the truth may be.

This that u said
‘However, it is also true that a similarly geared Shaman healer or Resto Druid can perform better and generally have an easier time of it so something is a big off kilter.’

Nope, absolutely nothing!
They have Hpriest right where they want them to be @bottom in every aspect of the game.

They do care, because i only see the last 5 years disc/Hpala dominating it.
What i mean is, they care only for those 2 specs in healing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No buff needed, they should just give us lady alabaster legendary that they removed during SL beta. Spec fixed!

How many years u try to push pvp rating?

Forgive my ignorance on forgetting pvp, but I’m sure the changes that need to be made for us to be viable in pvp (arena specifically) would revolve around massive changes no? Like genuinely asking here, but as it stands on premeditated fights, our survivability is something that is always at stake, so I can’t see how number adjustments could make us more viable in serious pvp scenarios, wouldn’t we need a pretty drastic overhaul for that?

Not really if they add one or two baseline spells from the pvp ones then we will be much more competitivr

More or less blizzard would need to nerf burst dps. Even if you use CD’s like GS, dps just kill you twice with their one shot. Having to rely on others skill to interupt, just allows others to attack us as skilless.

Classes like SP etc need big nerfs. If they do that then players will realise their class/spec sucks. Its just the OP damage they are doing covering it. Add on top gear ilvl advantage. Going forward, these class/specs will rule as they will get higher rankings and better gear. The players thinking its their skill and not broken balance. Most likely paladin is ruling by now. My sims show paladin as strong.

I fully expect blizzard to continue buffing them. Maybe they will nerf mana but damage no.

Basically priest holy is a dead spec. People will look down on us because of raid hps in warcarft logs. In PvP dps will overpower us with damage and in mythic+ they will take disc at higher keys.

It does not matter how much I tune my gear or if I come first in raids. The perception will be the decision. It will take a massive overpowered buff to fix because most holy priests cant gear worth a damn.

Don’t take anything Aellas says too serious, he is the priest forum jester.

On a more balanced note if you have good logs/raider.io/ilvl most groups will take you even as a holy priest. I have no issues getting into any groups at all.

If you want to do high M+ groups, high rated pvp or mythic raiding you need a guild or community but that is the same for any class.
For cutting edge content holy priest is lacking because it does not have a well defined niche but that is only the tip of the edge really :slightly_smiling_face: .
It is true there is a trickle down perception effect from cutting edge pve though.
If we get some small change(s) that carve out a niche for us we’ll be fine there too. We were already meta on Sun King and we definitely do not need massive buffs like some people seem to think.

When it comes to pvp one of the top rated players in 2s (stylebenderx) is a holy priest so the specc really isn’t as bad in pvp as some low information posters might think.

Edit: Disc being on the same class and being incredibly strong right now does not help with perception either, the spirit shell nerf is a step in the right direction to make things more even.

Basically disc priest is far better than holy. Does more damage, has more defence. Top healing even in raids. High mythic+ key take disc. Viable in PvP.

Very few top PvP players are holy priest. Basically all the other team has to do is stun and then one shot. Even with GS up and other pvp CD’s I have been one shot. Stop arguing outliners. The teir list on icy veins does not even list holy even at the bottem bucause holy priest is not viable in arena.