So we're all just ok with this?

Why is blizzard not killing of the boosting system? pandaboost, wowvendor, wowhunt, skycoach and boosthive are just a few examples of sites that constantly spam “Raids - Shadowlands” section. Is this allowed in regards to the ToS? They charge, afaik, real money for ingame services, this cant be ok?

If it is allowed then there should be a dedicated section for this, its annoying as hell to try and find a heroic group when 95/100 groups are “WTS”.

13 Likes

they dont care enough to put any actual resources into dealing with it

10 Likes

They are against real money boosts, but in game gold boosts are fine, and this is unlikely to change because boosting for gold makes money for blizzard by promoting the wow token cycle.

• Boosters earn gold to buy cosmetics and tokens
  • this pushes up the price of the token
  • this encourages the boostees to purchase the token
  • they then have gold to buy boosts

From the perspective of blizzard this is a beneficial cycle, because the dollar cost / month of sub is slightly higher using then token than just paying for it.

3 Likes

Ingame boosting for gold, completely ok with that, but people charging real money by advertising ingame, is just wrong imo.

Also as i mentioned, a section for boosts would be so easy to accomodate

3 Likes

I’ve got to the point I’m sick of reporting. It’s a farce, it does nothing and it’s a huge waste of my time. Unless they want to start paying me I’m not wiling to do their job for them.

I have a topic on the go where I have tried to share some of the issue we face:-

11 Likes

Amazing post, on point. Will follow in hopes of a bluepost.

4 Likes

I’m sure Blizzard is relying one that when patch 9.1 comes out all of those Boosting services will disappear for a little while (whilst the boosters gear up themselves xD).

Those are actually websites backed by blizzard? :smiley:

1 Like

Boosters selling gold for real money on internet sites…
Dont be so naive…

1 Like

Perhaps a timer would be an option, no joiners in a minute and it automatically delists or such.

Thing is, no game has ever found a solution to RMT.

1 Like

tbh, this isnt only about rtm, the advertising in general has gone crazy in the lfg tool regardless whether its rtm or for gold.

3 Likes

Is not simple to legally shut down a website…
You need to process them and follow all legal stuff and go to a court, per website.

But the owners can know the judicial action and change the url who means Blizzard would need to process the new website from the scratch. So it would be a loop, blizzard process and they change url, blizzard process they change url and repeat.

Blizzard would just waste money to process all of them and in the end earn nothing because the website changed url after the process, who in most of the countries is considered a different website who need a new process even if the layout is the same.

4 Likes

They cant ban everyone and sellers know it. When Blizz get one won’t take long till another fill that hole. Hiring more people to track and hunt is easy say but price mostlikely is that they increase sub because now they need fill those increased salary costs. We cant blame Blizz everything its players who created market for them inside game. Supply and demand

It seems they won’t. I left Trade channel for good due to spammers of boosters. If one day we get rid of them i ll re-open trade channel.

2 Likes

Those not going anywhere till something changes in players. I know i cant change anything alone im just one player and mostly just reading this forums but i know you have communities and you can actually make somekind effect for bots and shady sellers If you do it together and give that business that attention what they dont want. They have been there whole time what this game have existed and been in other games before wow and continue games after wow and they are with us because we players make it possible.

how exactly they fighting boosters? they could at least ban advertising. Its like state left without policing and blaming players. wth

2 Likes

Boosting is ok and have been here alltime be it free or for gold but when its for money its not

Gold are sold to goldsellers and adverts shamelessly advertising ingame their boosting websites. Its not controlled by nobody and for real money boosting,gold services blooming like fungi after rain.

2 Likes

they kinda did, your not allowed to make a listing for a boost in group finder, if you see one report it and it will be removed. also if your using /s or trade chat to get pugs then your doing it wrong.

its removed just from your view for few hours. Try check it by yourself. I reported same person with same advert like 5 times and he/she still doing it.