Solo shuffle needs glad-like rewards or pvp will be even more dead than it is now

They are sad, that new mode meant to work with new gear system doesn’t work reversible with all outdated systems

1 Like

Where did you get this information? Because the last blue post I read stated that there will be no glad rewards, which means all you get is the conquest gear and thats it. Unless you feel like r1 player EU, who after nolifing the season, might get the r1 title.

Glad titles - should stay in rated 3v3

Its just a title.

If ur good at ur class- u can prove it also in Solo S -given u have spec ladder

Its fine, why would u cry about rank 1 in solo when its more than obvious that 99% who would get it will still be the top players from ladder.

Can this comunity ever not cry about 1 thing?

It was better if they didnt implement solo s?

Im more worried about balance issues that titles in a game;

Have a nice day

If ITz JuSt A tItLE WhY Do PeOpLE TrY sO hArD To GeT SaId tiTle IN 3’S?

Seriously, you can put “it’s just” at the beginning of anything. It doesn’t mean people don’t care about it. Same for mounts, titles, pets.

ItS JuSt a GaEm wHy Do U CaRe lol.

Meanwhile you actively clicked your title tab, clicked Challenger title, and actively put it on your character to show. As did you do that with your transmog you’re wearing. You clearly cared enough to do that.

Thats why I specifically said “glad-like” rewards, obviously.

How do I prove it, since the only reward in that bracket is supposed to be r1 title, which I explained already, if you bothered to read before replying to my topic.

Can Blizzard do one thing right? Dude, solo shuffle is a huge gamebreaking thing and so far after a bit of testing the prepatch its a total fiasco. And the flawed reward system is obviously an issue. Not only that it doesnt work on live, at all, but the future of rewards, if they decide to add some…

Thats the title i got, i wasnt obssed to take it.

Actualy i have rival
Wich is better rated but i like the sound of challanger
More.

Im just saying i dont need to obsses over every aspect of the game.

And if u put it like this, my opinion is that Gladiator should never be achieved in solo shuffle.

And u cant say im arrogant cuz i never been close to that rating.

I just think rated is the way to go and put in the work for glad and rank 1

We get duelist and specific titles for solo.

Thats about it, matey

Prepatches are a fiesta since wow beginigs.

Did u rly expect balance in prepatch?

Pray for balance at lev 70

Thats when it rly matters

Pretty sure his point was that you cared enough to click on it to begin with. Him talking about that “why do you care” is a reference to the apathetic state of mind, where you don’t care about anything. So he meant that if you didn’t care about it, you wouldn’t have clicked on challenger either. You wouldn’t have clicked on any title. But for whatever reason, you chose a title to wear, because you cared enough to do it.
Which kinda counters this:

With his point being that it’s what you make it, you cared more about challenger than rival in your mind so you made challenger worth more to you than rival, even though “it’s just a title” as you put it. They’re both just titles, yet you cared more about that one.

So funny, how you try to teach me psychology;

Yes i put a title- and i stated i was not obsessed by it.

As an irl example- i dont care about smartphones so much, but when i received an iphone as a gift i use it.

So, i had some titles and i clicked, i agree, all i”m saying is u dont need to be obssed about every litle aspect of the game and create issues where there”s none

The op says its not fair that Solo Shuff doesnt reward rank 1 and contradicts himself that only nolifers or hardcore players that play all day achieve it; than why would u even care about that title? It u will never achiev it” its just a title

U can obtain stuff in game or real life, just by working and improving- some things u will use and be proud of, some things will just come as a result of ur work and time alocated to it-even tough u didnt do it for a specific reason.

As in my case- i play to have fun and try to improve- not for the title. Yes i clicked it out of convenience, as a result of my time invested, not as a result of 100% wanting it or thet i played for it.

Now, i hope this makes my state above more clean for you

Have a nice day!

I mean… if you want to dive deeper into psychology, then the job itself that’s called ‘reward designer’ for video games, is tasked with developing reward schemes that makes players act and think in the way developers want them to act and think, albeit designers generally never achieve perfect control over this for every individual they still manage to achieve most of the desired result on a macro scale most of the time.

Mobile phone games and the designed system of microtransactions are a perfect example of how extreme that can become.

And your case should be the ideal for everyone and nobody should be thinking or acting differently from you, is that it? So you’ll condemn everyone who doesn’t live up to your ideal? (To dumb it down a bit, so you’re saying it’s people’s own fault for wanting something in the game?)

If you want to learn more about reward psychology and the university-level deep-dive of carrot vs. stick and their effects on the mind, then there’s plenty of literature out there. Also, for the record, it’s been developed much further than just the very simple summary of reward vs. punishment. It’s much more nuanced than that.

1 Like

I dont condemn nore blame anyone, to each his own, i was just stating that would be better if people would not fall for it.

Its clear to me u are a smart person, u just miss judged my post.

I know i function in my own way and people are diff individuals.

Everyone can function as he likes, but some people fall for marketing -macro tactics as u stated and forget the reason they wanted to do somth or enjoy it.

I”d just love that more people find it in themselfs to play the game and the aspect of this game they they love, instead of becoming somewhat ill and focused on imposed psychological tricks by Devs ; cuz i know they only
Care about player retention rate and not the well being of the comunity.

So, i apologize if u think i judge people or want to impose my view on anyone, i just think its healthier to look at it this way, if u are in a place that the game makes u feel bad and its more
Toxic for u as an individual .

Not ur case, clearly!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

^ Sounds pretty judgemental.

^ Sounds a lot like imposing your views on people.

People can enjoy getting invested and striving to achieve something they desire, even if it’s designed to inspire such a way of thinking.

Also, the reason why there are “tactics” as you called it, for video game designs and marketing and so on, is because it works. As Agent K said in Men In Black (I know, I know, it’s just a movie, but the line is good); “A person is smart. People are dumb.” (I cut off what he said next because it’s irrelevant for this.)

In other words, on a massive scale, people can be led like sheep. But a person can still act differently from the rest.

So yeah, reward designer is a job because the manipulative tricks tend to work. To then say “You shouldn’t fall for it” is like saying people shouldn’t smoke. They’ll still do it, even if it’s bad for them.

1 Like

Well man,

Every written aspect can be translated or find a reason to say its judgmental.

I might call it annoying for some aspects i replied.

I can also say ur judgemental a bit, hence i only explained my tought process- refered to me as an individual- didnt state once all should function similar.

And regarding ideals- maybe its better to follow healthier ideals than fall to corporate traps.

Im more than sure u have some life ideals and subconcious wise u tried to make people see or use them in ur lifespawn.

As i agree i may do as well.

I agree tough, sometimes emotional takes over mindfullness and may come a bit judgemental or just look like it.

Thing is, we are humans, no matter how fair and good we are/think we are, sometimes we”ll just dont match or come across as invasive

Anyway, thx for the discussion and i rly aprecciate the way u write.

I never said I wasn’t. Though you’re the one who said you aren’t.

Well, its funny right? Trying to make justice , beeing judgemental and all.

I agree, maybe i am judgmental when i dont see the logic

We want solo ladder

Solo ladder is bad

Etc

I agree, in this regard i am and i cant help it:)

Nontheless, no grudge, this discussion helped in some way.

And i agree with a lot of what u said👍

i was saying this as soon as i saw solo shuffle released, that this would happen, right now its just another skirmish mode with abit more conquest reward. NOTHING else. no reason to que for it. but nooo people didnt wanna listen…

Maybe they will change aspects of it, if they see players number dwingle and put in more rewards.

Who knows, may be they will even implement solo 2v2

I think they have time to change aspects of it, and DF as an expansion looks like a test playground for the future.

Isnt neceserly bad, but its important to test and change more often, than not change at all.

I dont think they will take feedback until the end of s1 DF

Will flesh out a bit more once the season starts, since technically speaking there are no “seasonal rewards” to give out when there’s no current season.

So when the season starts there’ll be “elite” mogs, and the titles (except for gladiator), and vault rewards. (iirc there’s gear upgrades for PvE ilvl on items as well, for people interested in PvE. Might remember that wrong though, didn’t really look it up since I don’t care about PvE.)

For the off season there’s none of that though, apparently.

Agree. I tried to warn ppl as well, but I was downvoted until oblivion and all the NA copium guys attacked me that Blizzard wouldnt do it. Its absolutely logical and obvious there will be equivalents of all the rewards. And here we are…
But the funny part is that it rewards even less conquest than skirmish/non rated solo shuffle. Dunno if its intended or bugged, but its a hilarious disaster in general.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.