[SPOILERS] 9.2.5 PTR Blood Elf Special Questline

Well there might be this little rule that despite him being the true heir, he is dead so he lost the right to rule the living Blood Elves…otherwise not just Turalyon is an usurper in Stormwind, but Anduin too and the King is still Varian…or even better, the father of Varian :sweat_smile:

Pretty sure no Alliance player would “exchange” Silvermoon for Undercity anyway…a new Undercity would mean troubles for the Alliance once again.

Oh and Silvermoon is not flammable like Teldrassil…it’s also a city full of Mages so extinguishing the fires would be easy for the Blood Elves :sweat_smile:

I don’t think destroying beloved ingame sights permanently is of use to anyone. We’ve tried it a few times now, and neither the Theramore crater, nor the burning tree, nor Southshore are getting any prettier. I kinda doubt that the Horde players feel good every time they see it, but many Alliance players certainly feel bad every time.

2 Likes

It’s for “shock” value and nothing more.

To pass time until we get to 10.0, I’m just levelling new characters to 50, mainly through the Cata zones, but I do unlock my garrison. My view is “to hell with it, I hate ZM, might as well have fun in the normal world” and I still can’t fathom why Teldrassil or Undercity were destroyed. I recently levelled a Night Elf Shadow Priestess and a Female Blood Elf Warlock and when I levelled through Teldrassil, it was so beautiful in it’s own right.

I never truly took the time to realise that Darnassus was beautiful in it’s own right. It never needed to be like Suramar or Silvermoon. It was it’s own sort of beauty and to know that it’s gone, is quite sad.

I think it’s one of those things where you don’t appreciate something until it’s gone. That’s how I feel about Darnassus and Teldrassil. It never needed to be Suramar or Silvermoon. It had it’s own place.

By now it seems to have been just a marketing decision, where it would be a big event and then they failed to follow up on it. Not in that they wouldn’t bring it up, but that they constantly undermined the conflict one way or another.

Pulling the rug from under a race that has gotten stagnant and doesn’t really have anything to do is a good idea on paper tho, if they use it to enhance the story being told. (That said if we’re getting another siege i’d like to see the defenders actually win for once, because the last time that happened was the Capital City, in Warcraft 2)

It’s honestly about time we start seeing the other side of the coin where areas that currently exist as ruins due to past conflict are shown to be undergoing some form of restoration or some form of change since those events.

We were recently shown a little bit of a restoration project in BFA. Where Stromgarde through the Arathi Warfront was updated along with the overall zone. This was then coupled with the Darkshore subsequently getting an update not long after, although we don’t really now the current conditions there other than a Horde withdrawal. Personally, I think they may have planned to do more of the same for the older world had warfronts in general been better implemented and received positively as a feature of BFA. They could have used subsequent warfronts as reasonable grounds to revisit and justify an update for older zones. Zones that have been left to stagnate for far too long and were beginning to show their age but, weren’t necessarily an essential part of the main story line.

With a game as old as WoW there’s been a shortfall in what amounts to the general upkeep and housekeeping of the open world as a whole. It’s now gotten to a point where it’s increasingly obvious that too much of Azeroth exists in a perpetual time lock. When trying to tell the next chapter of the WoW story resources may be better spent utilising existing zones. This way you don’t end up with a discrepancy where your oldest zones appear two decades out of date compared to the new zones your introducing as of now. It’s a growing issue that affects the cohesion of the in-game world and has a impact on it’s longevity the longer it’s left unaddressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.