[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

Pretty sure it took an entire moustache-twirling speech to make people go “ok well i guess we hate her now”, not just 4 words.

2 Likes

Is it only me who feels it was a very fast coinflip? If they were loyal to Sylvanas personally then shouldn’t they side with her over the Horde? And if they are loyal to the Horde no matter who leads it, how did they get past Garrosh? Sure, Garrosh did bad stuff, but nothing worse than Sylvanas, and him making enemies of other Horde leaders is very similar.

1 Like

It still took more time than setting up the entire 8.2.5 story arc. The duel cinematic took roughly about the same time as getting told to assemble, seeing Anduin and Saurfang talk over tea where Anduin really easily forgave Saurfang for all warcrimes and also took some of the blame? And finally, Alliance + Rebel forces assembled infront of Orgrimmar (All according to her plan :smirk:)

Point is Blizzard needed X so Y could happen, so they did it.

2 Likes

I really would have preferred if 8.2.5 had a timegated story campaign of, say, two weeks before the actual duel.

As much as people hate timegating, I like it because it allows for proper buildup. It is what made Suramar so great in my opinion - I did the WQs, followed the story segments, and the breaks in between each allowed story developments to settle and sink in properly.

Plus, you know, it would have allowed some buildup in RP too. That one concerns me less personally since I jumped off that plotline a while ago, but others evidently wanted it.

2 Likes

Whilst I agree it’s a very “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”

Time-gating would have been perfect - but there was only about 30 minutes of content for the entire patch. Had it been time-gated by even a single week you know full well r*dditoids would have been up in arms about timegating.

4 Likes

Pretty bad when you end up pining for the “Escalation” patch from WoD because it at least padded out the siege bit, but it’s where we’re at :neutral_face:

You’re looking at it the wrong way around. Sylvanas abandoned the Horde and gave them no choice.

If you declare to the entire Horde they are nothing, worthless, beasts howling for honour etc of course you’re going to instantly lose support from all but the most utterly devoted when you turn into a cloud and abandon the Horde on the walls.

Of course they’re not going to bother following someone who just instantly vacated the throne and her ties to the faction. She just severed her bonds to the Horde and made it impossible for a Horde loyalists to follow her in doing so.

That’s the entire point of the tink, tink. Saurfang showed he truly cared about the Horde, Sylvanas didn’t. So the Horde loyalists allowed the rebels to return to the fold.

6 Likes

Honestly majority of Sylvanas followers did follow her out of respect for the Oath given to the Warchief.

Once they heard she didn’t care of them it served no purpose to follow the oath.

I think mostly the Forsaken followed her out of loyalty really.

You mean the oath that every single current member of the Horde broke back in 5.3?

Other than allied races, but they are hardly depicted as the bulk of the loyalists.

Well I would consider MoP a bit different due to Garrosh and his forces more openly attacking follow Horde members during meetings and faction leaders.

I think Sylvanas played that part better being done in the shadows.

And in the end those who sided with Vol’jin did side with Saurfang as well.

Pretty sure there is a quote flying around about Teldrassil being a hugely popular move according to most of the Horde.

Team red was just happy to have a warchief that knew how to make the ‘war’ part happen, it seems.

2 Likes

because Warchief dey comin from behind! Vol’jin didn’t really put an effort in it…

Gilnean/Worgen players are going to love this:

Check post #20, it will absolutely brighten your day!

Also if you want confirmation on this; check the Gilnean flag in CoT.

Anduin is the real 7d-chess player here! Sylvanas could learn something from him! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anduin is just so objectively good and correct that everyone just joins him :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is just one more instance of Blizzard writing the Alliance as Stormwind and friends.

It could be just a placeholder, but I’m not holding my breath. It took the Red Shirt Guy’s detailed critique of the Night Warrior questline for them to redo even minor parts of it. This, in comparison, is a small scene in a questline that only a minority of players will get to see.

Ultimately, they just don’t care about lore as much as reusing assets. It’s the same as the night elf camp in the revamped Warsong Gulch using Kaldorei Empire banners from Legion. You know, a symbol of the past they collectively turned away from.

1 Like

I am not familiar with this development. What did he criticize and what did they change?

That’s a good thing though. Death to the Horde.

Here’s his analysis:

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/the-8-1-darkshore-quests-are-really-bad

They listened and did fix a lot of things, such as Tyrande being called queen, her newfound power not being demonstrated well enough, and a character said in the novellas to have burned with Teldrassil appearing as a corpse in Darkshore for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9re7qa/81_after_fixing_some_of_darkshore_blizzard_has/

1 Like

You mean calling her Queen is correct? Cuz it isnt. She doesn’t want to be Queen, and gets angry when people refer to her as one.

You’re free to take Baine as an Alliance leader.

1 Like