[Story] I died in a quest while leveling!

Had the same issue with the elites in Hillsbrad

Ended up making strategies such as puling the yeti against the wall of a cave to not be thrown in outer space and kitting the elemental elites in the syndicate ruins to sustain.

That’s good stuff imo, even if it wasn’t intended soloing those elite quests make leveling more interesting

1 Like

It’s pretty telling that dieing during leveling has become so rare, someone could feel the need to make a post about it…
There was a time it was a pretty common occurence.

4 Likes

I’d say those waiting times are exceptions. And I play dps at a little old outback server. LFR 40 min, world bosses 1 min, max 10.

I sincerely hope we will have more challenging quests while lvling, The scaling makes it so very boring.

Why do we fall? Well, to fall asleep ofcourse.

1 Like

So edgy I cut myself just reading it.

Well done.

2 Likes

“Νο matter how good an adventurer you are, eventually you will know the stint of death”

[Picture of a dead Undead Warrior. Background: Aggamagan Mills in Lordaeron]

[World Of Warcraft Original: Game Manual]

RIP challenging Game Design.

2 Likes

There was nothing challenging in original WoW, only tediousness.

1 Like

Tell that all the dead players in Classic leveling zones. Come on, that argument is from players who play WoW on a 2nd screen while watching streamers.

Classic shows pretty well that you had to watch out for stronger mobs or you’re done. You can’t just run into a group of mobs and aoe them down, you have to watch patrols and pull with thought. You have to use your skills to stop fleeing enemies or game over. It’s night and day to todays gameplay.

It might be tedious to you because you have to run back to your corpse, but that’s because you weren’t good enough in the first place.

4 Likes

I have died on that Arugal quest on so many alts, i mostly just skip it now xd

Actually thats an argument from a guy who play this character since Vanillas beginning. It wasnt hard, with a minimum of preparation (knowing your character, pots, bandages, etc) you had no problem with mobs while leveling or questing.
Because I was good enought with my char thats why it became a tediousness, because you needed to eat after each pull.
You think you can just AOE down pulls in nowadays gameplay? Without epic gear, legendaryes and heilrooms, just in greens, go at level 111 to Drustvar for example and mass pull tainted wolves and spiders and then come back and tell me that you survived…

1 Like

There was no challenge; only tedium. :wink:

As much as I did enjoy those aspects I found other parts of Classic gameplay to be terrible. I could either use my abilities to kill a mob then spend 30+ seconds eating/drinking, or watch my character melee a mob to death so that I have resources to fight the next mob.

I’d really like something in between the two styles. More active gameplay with a bit of peril if you pull too much.

1 Like

I played classic wow ( the recent version since i was way too young at classic) and i level up to 54. Playing hunter in retails and classic i didn’t see any difference exept the speed of the fight. Even quest in classic that required group i could solo it so there’s no difference in term of fight… exept that i spend 25% of the game fishing for my cat and i stopped 54 since i’ve got enought having done all quest and the only way to go to 60 was by dungeons and killing mobs.

What i mentionned in the main post is about the strategy of the fight, like you have to get knowledge of your class or doing quest by a friend. And that difficulty is not from speed of the fight like classic : Arugal got as mecanic to cast shadow bolt into his tank ( here was my pet) and when he goes down to 75% or 50% health he summoned a wave of worgen to help him. That mean it’s not about more you dps more it’s easier like in classic but more about do i am prepared in the fight to continue to summon the 2nd wave of worgen. If we were in classic i just have to set trap, feed pet and poping everything, it pass or it doesn’t, the fight cannot be changed about your spell.

1 Like

You play classic from 2nd screen while you wait between your casts.

3 Likes

Died there too couple of months back. Needed to ask high lvl guildies for help. Would be great if blizzard can look @ those group quests in end(ish) zones in WotLK be4 the great lvl squish comes. Would be nice to finish a zone by myself when the time arises

**** happens xD

RiP

Good for you man :smiley:

The only times I die against mobs in retail is when I “over-overpull” because it’s too easy.

I really miss everything being meaningful while leveling - challenging enemies and quests (not to mistake for abysmal drop rates or grindy) as well as useful professions worth leveling alongside you.
This is not nostalgia because when I look back I realize Classic could’ve done it much better - I simply didn’t know better back then, but now I do, so I want better!

1 Like

Another useless post

An Another toxic player that hate positives post :smile:

All your BS can’t hide the fact that dieing in Classic leveling is a common occurence. Period.

When I did this I felt much more efficient when I went back to mobs of lower level and kill them faster without much downtime from eating/drinking. Always trying to kill mobs your level or above is just a bad strategy and takes much longer imho.