Subscription issues

Just resubbed to try the new features, it charged my bank account but game still says that i need to subscribe. Also can’t even log to character screen.

There are server problems right now, they are working on it :slight_smile:

It doesn’t charge your bank straight away. It requests that your bank reserve the funds, so your bank moves the money from your account to stop you spending it twice.

The bank then waits for Blizzard to request the funds properly before sending the reserved funds to Blizzard.

If however at this point your bank decides to decline the transaction for whatever reason, you will not get the items you were purchasing, but your funds will remain “reserved”, the technical term is “ring fenced”.

How long they will remain “ring fenced” is dependent on your financial institution. Usually its just 2 or 3 days, but can be up to 28 days. Then the funds will be released back to your account.

Blizzard cannot “refund” the money because they never got it from you in the first place.

Edit: I was unaware that Blizzard were having current issues, but left the information about how online payments work intact for future reference.