Summons from the Depths Unleashed Arcanofiend

I killed this Elite Unleashed Arcanofiend now a few times in Nazjatar and he is F&^%*&^ annoying to say the least. He spams an AOE so large that you will eventually get hit and by getting hit the first time you get stunned so you will die as the tiny crater surrounded by walls is so small and you have very little room to move around. And his AOE is spammed so frequently that as a caster you can barely get a chance to get any damage in. What makes this so annoying is that he gives 0 pearls and only 100 something reputation??? What is up with the bad rewards Blizz???

Edit: According to WOWhead this elite is to be avoided as it is a waste of time unless you are going for some meta achievement. If you do want to try it out look what Wowhead commentators have to say about it: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153307/unleashed-arcanofiend#comments

1 Like

Never tried to kill it. Honestly sounds like a fun thing to solo, thanks for the suggestion.

Well if your idea of fun is pealing one big potato for no rewards go knock yourself out. Please let me know when you are giving it a go. I would like to see you try though just for laughs.

Sure. Maybe at 5 PM or later, I need to check my schedule.

Actually that’s one of the best boss from Nazjatar imo.

The stun lock is a pain but this boss is hella fun in world PvP and actually gets much harder the more people are fighting the boss. Great design for outdoor content although it’s overturned.

I am not saying he is not a challenge. I am asking why the crap loot? There are a few elites in Nazratar that are not worth doing when you compare the level of difficulty with rewards. Killed another elite one of these massive giants snakes and he had a big group I had to wipe as well. I was a bit disappointed when my reward was a tiny bit of azeroth power. There are many easy encounters that gives you at least 1 - 3 pearls so for a big challenge to give you next to nothing is a bid spiteful from Blizzard.

Oh yeah that’s a huge letdown. It does give you rep tho, which is kinda nice but he is way overtuned for the current nazjatar population. Was fine when you had hundreds of players all over the map tho.

Lot of stuff in nazjatar is just hard for the sake of killing you rather than being rewarding (the tidelord elites are kinda nice tho in WPVP, you tag it and let it one shot the players trying to kill you) I’m in favour of such design but getting 1g and some scraps feels terrible.

1 Like

This guy is pretty tough for sure and he’s mainly there for flavour and for the achievement Back to the Depths. This goes towards a meta achievement called Undersea Usurper which rewards a very cute mount:

See, he just wants to give hugs! :hugs:

2 Likes

I don’t care about achievements. They are overrated. I care about game play satisfaction and rewards which are both lacking from WOW. Everything is now about grind and RNG driven rewards.

You work for Blizzard and probably others here too as they are so eager to always defend Blizzard no matter what they do. The rest of us are a bit more honest about when we think we have been duped. I have a few times killed it before I had to get my flying achievement as you do get a tiny bit of rep from it and the thing is when this creature pops up a massive skull icon appears on the screen and players would stop what ever they are doing and flock to the area to kill it and few of them after dying like 5 times in a an epic fight are surprised and asks ‘What? No loot?’. And then around the corner you find some rare crab which you can easily solo and kill in seconds and that creature rewards you with 3 pearls! If you don’t find a problem with it good for you. I myself now just fly over it and think it is rather annoying when you have to gear up a low lvl character and a rare like that gives you nothing. The problem is it is not just this one example. IT all adds up to the rest of BFA design off over excessive RNG grind and little reward. yesterday I tried to get one of my characters a ring in Mechagon by farming all the mats which took an hour or two and what do you know RNG gave me a trinket I did not need or want. So materials and time wasted for nothing. I miss previous expansions where we had vendors and you can grind a certain amount of wins in arena or RGB and by the item you need or want OR you grind a few days for materials and you craft a specific item you need or want or sell but now everything is soulbound and you can’t even sell these items. How is that OK? They should actually rename BFA to the RNG expansion.

I do not see any problems

So the game is a MMORPG?

What does MMORPG or Strategy Game or anything have to do with me saying the game is all about grind and RNG?? MMORPG stands for Massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Do you understand what that means? It means you are playing a fantasy role playing character on a massive multiplayer scale in a virtual world. Grind and RNG is the mechanism WOW has put in place where you have to repeat some activities which are time consuming for days if not months to obtain better gear or an achievement to unlock flying or a mount but since some times the reward can be connected to RNG which means it is calculated on luck or lack of it and RNG means you might get unlucky and not get the item you are after which increases your effort of grind.
If you are trying to come up for Blizzard trying to be their favourite pet try and come up with a better argument.

1 Like

You can tell the ones who work for Blizzard, they post in blue :wink:

2 Likes

A while back I have read on a gaming forum there is a lot of speculation that Blizzard employees take part in forums pretending to be players. I won’t be surprised if it is true as a lot of corporate companies does that.

1 Like

Just wow! You are as naive as a child. Google BBC and the topic Fake forum comments are ‘eroding’ trust in the web

I could not add the link here as Blizzard does not allow links in their forums… weird don’t you think? So why would Blizzard not like outside input into their own forums? Hmmmm
You really think a big corporation like Blizzard would not manipulate its own forums? I think it is very possible.

There is actually a term for it:

[ shil ]
a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, game, etc.

-a person who publicises or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.
to advertise or promote a product.

I think that foil hat will fit you nicely.

I think that sounds a bit far fetched for these forums.

There are ofc those that buy likes, ratings, reviews but generally speaking that is more of a start up thing. Most of the systems in place on most social media etc require a certain level of engagement before they qualify.

People frequently like to call others shills and they have no real concept of what one is. The same as the term whale is generally misused on the forums too.

As for you fake forum comments if you read the article it states that is a problem mainly in China. You could have linked the article despite your paranoia, simply type/paste it in, highlight and use the </> button. Or you need to be a more active member of the forums and you gain trust levels where you can post links. You can read about trust levels in the FAQ pinned at the top of this forum.

How a link looks using the method I described:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15869683

However with trust levels you can post them like this:-

I have no idea how you can post url links but when I try to I get pop “Sorry you are not allowed to post links on forums”. And I did not say there definitely are shills but I won’t be surprised if there are. I think Blizzard and the US is capable of anything same like any other company or country.

I just explained above how to do it :wink:

Next time you can do that :slight_smile:

Some people put spaces in but that method is far more friendly on the rest of the forum posters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.