Tauren RP - where to start

Hello denizens of Argent Dawn!

Just a very brief description of me - I want to start with RP. Specifically with Tauren RP (not military, a bit more leaning to spiritual) since it is my favorite race by far and because I have more than sufficient lore knowledge of the race.

So, now I’ve been scouring the forums and the armory and even the Argent Archives (who seem to be outdated for some if not most guilds) but I had a lot of trouble finding a good starting place for this. So, a few questions I wish to ask, specifically to the AD community:

• Is it wise to actually start with Tauren RP? Is it better to start with something else?
  • Should I consider joining a Guild, or is it better to join a few events first?

I hope I’ve been clear in my questions, and thanks in advance for any help!

8 Likes

As long as your character concept is simple, most races should be fine for starting with. Races with convoluted lore, such as Mag’har, can be problematic, but tauren are generally straightforward and intuitive enough to easily fill in gaps.

I am sure dedicated tauren RPers will show in soon with some more advice - I will admit it has been some time since I last played any of mine.

2 Likes

There’s a guild called Spirit Wolves, I think they’re active.

We’re currently dormant, sadly.

I run a Tauren guild, the Grimtotem Warband, while it’s Grimtotem specific, non Grimtotem can join if it fits IC. There’s also another Tauren guild formed, called, The Springhorn Tribe, which I believe is more non specific Tauren.

Whisper me in game if you want more information.

2 Likes

If you are not completely ready for a guild just yet, then Tand is always looking for new Tauren buddies, considering the state of his tribe.

To begin with, some casual wholesome tribal roleplay is a good start, as well as some lore-telling IC, and that is something that can easily be done in some casual RP scenarios.

3 Likes

We have a guild called Highmountain Stands - their RP is really fun, I’ve been enjoying all my interaction with them ever since we met.

They are Highmountain Tauren only, however.

Also, there’s a discord community focused around Tauren RP that @Kump can invite you to.

Good luck Adahai, hope you find your new home soon!

E: Highmountain Stands has a forum thread here.

2 Likes

Tauren RP is very newcomer friendly. We are a rather calm race without any alternate timelines or dimensions to get your head around. As stated there are one or two Tauren specific guilds you can look into, or join a more spiritual/tribal orientated multi race guild.

I mostly learned from watching others. Good luck fellow moo!

1 Like

Friendly Tauren here, following the traditions of the Shu’halo. If you ever fancy Tauren rp that’s not guilded, I’d be more than happy to meet up.

Recommendations, not sure if Kalimdor Tauren are in the guild, but check out Highmountain stands and also Frozen Paw clan. Both have plenty of Tauren. And both very much follow the spiritual traditions of Tauren and Horde in general.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to Argent Dawn!

Tauren are a really cool race, and a good choice!

There is a discord community for Tauren, if you wish to join, poke me :slight_smile:
Lightbearer#8393 is my discord tag :>

Ishne’alo porah!

2 Likes

You are the discord man aren’t you? You got a discord for everything!

1 Like

Well, not everything but many things hahaha

This is the OP, but I’ll be posting with my “forum main” from now on.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I wasn’t planning on writing this char as a Grimtotem, but I might do so in the future so I’ll keep your post in mind!

Thanks for the offer! I’d be glad to meet Tand!

After I’ve leveled my Zandalari, I’m going to level a Highmountain Tauren on AD so I’ll certainly keep this in mind, thanks a lot.

I’d be glad to RP with you as well, so thanks a lot for the offer!

This is really helpful, thank you! I’ll send a message right away.

Thanks a lot for all the replies. I’m more than happy to RP with the people who offered that here, just let me know how I can contact you all.

6 Likes

Only tauren I can reccommend is Highmountain Stands, know the Gm personally and I think you will find no greater advocate for tauren rp.

3 Likes

Good call IMO - I only recently got to know him but Tand is a joy to RP with. I got talking with him in-depth yesterday about tribe life, ancestor worship and various approaches of appeasing the elements.

Then suddenly an hour had gone by.

This dude knows his stuff :point_up_2: his character has that interesting mix of young & undecided, and steadfast & spirited.

Hit him up, he’s great!

5 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks! < 3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.