Old DD thread

The Dust Devils finally come to the end of their Christmas special adventure - in record time, it only took them till…mid January?!

Truly, the villains of the Dust Devils universe have never been known for their subtlety; but the big bad of this festive season had clearly been playing a long game indeed, in an all too intricate plot that’d give even the four dimensional chess playing Jailer a run for his money! But who’d be possible of such a feat of masterful planning - why, who else, but the most sinister scoundrel of them all; the Supreme Leader herself!

Hijacking the villainous schemes of not one, not two, but FOUR separate recurring antagonists, the Supreme Leader plotted and schemed; exploiting the memory stealing technology of Azero-Dex Incorporated, the twisted medical science of Serenity Falls, the hive mind control of the insectoid Swarm - and of course, the mind rotting purple goop of the Joy Division! To what end?!

Why, what else; a new plague, of terrifying potential - to infect every last man woman and child on Azeroth, and imprint the Supreme Leader’s mind over their own! Imagine; an army of countless millions, in every corner of the world - every last one of them a different version of you! The whole of Azeroth; though diverse in physicality, united at last in thought; the Supreme Leader’s thoughts! Draining some minds; infecting others with the Joy Division’s cackling curse, the Leader ensured she’d mushed the brains of Orgrimmar’s masses into to a fine blank canvas, over which she could more readily overwrite her own consciousness!

Only after a rip roaring battle through the streets of Orgrimmar against chuckling cultists and mindless mobs did the Dust Devils discover the Supreme Leader’s lair in the caves far beneath the city - and not a moment too soon, for the plague machine burst into life; and so did the masses come under her spell!

And so the desperate duel began against the greatest force of evil our corner of Azeroth has ever know! But by a miracle did our heroes finally managed to defeat the Supreme Leader, and reverse the effects of her diabolical plague - saving the world, just in time for Christmas January the 14th!

Alas, even as the good people of Orgrimmar recovered their own thoughts, did the Supreme Leader’s baleful spirit erupt into the skies - unable to catch her, the Devils know she’ll be back to wreak havoc another day; but for now, at long last the chance to celebrate the late Christmas Azeroth might never have known had it not been for the work of the heroes it never even knew it needed!

HELLO FRIENDS!

What an adventure; a two part Christmas special stretching out into an 8 part campaign extravaganza!

But that’s just the start of 2023; the guild has never been healthier, with more active players than ever before- and we’re still recruiting, with plenty more action adventure to come! :smiley:

You know what they say; supervillains are harder to squash than cockroaches - and rest assured the Supreme Leader, along with all the rest of them, will be back before you know it!

Question is, will you be around to help us defeat them yet again?! Hope to see you in game some time friends; peace-!

2 Likes

HELLO FRIENDS I can’t type on mobile so here’s the quickest of the quick updates-!

The dust devils find themselves stranded upon a mysterious island littered with the rotting remains of numerous fallen airships - yet they are far from alone with the wreckage: as a nightmarish something pursues them through the darkness, it’s arms a little too long, and it’s maw a little too wide …

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, a horde garrison collapses into chaos; it’s inhabitants driven to their knees, with horrid, black ink erupting endlessly forth from their every orifice!

Will the dust devils escape the island in time to deal with this strange new infection elsewhere in the world?! Are the two even related - or are different villains striking simultaneously?!

There’s only one way to find out - on the dust devils in game adventures, coming to an RP server near you!!

1 Like

Hello friends!

Quick update - the Dust Devils escaped portal hell and are back on the road of adventure on Azeroth!

Where will that winding path lead us next?!

Probably to an ink stained Horde garrison somewhere in the wilderness - but until then, see you around gamers!

2 Likes

THIS WEEK ON THE DUST DEVILS ANIMATED ADVENTURES;

Having narrowly thwarted the evil Azero-Dex Incorporated’s master plan to use enraged elementals to flatten swathes of Azeroth’s coastal communities (all to snap up the land for pennies and redevelop it into luxury beach side resorts), the Dust Devils promptly return to Orgrimmar - only for Kaitylinn to mysteriously disappear before their very eyes!

While some call that a relief, to the Devils it’s a disaster; for without Kaity, there goes even the faintest hope of any of them getting paid for their adventures! And it always was a faint hope at best !

With their only clue being a strange muffled voice on her spare radio speaking of an “angel” - will our heroes be able to locate their missing boss in time?! And will she finally pay them for their services ?!

Or is this the end of nobody’s favourite Westfall country girly?!

There’s only one place to find out; see you on the server!

Peace!

3 Likes

Well, Ardent Pursuit and Dust Devils Collab was one of the things i didn’t expect, but it made the RP event AWESOME!!

People seem to be experimenting with weird black goo and threw alot of it in the sea (guess).

Some of us barely made it alive from a ship that was being dragged in by this thing, but in the end we all got to land (not after seeing ships being dragged into the depts of the ocean.

we then got to land, and had to fight against an army of inky people who got infested with this goo. We made it out and saw a temple, where this goo was blocking our way in, but we destroyed it and got past, where a weird woman explained to us something (was half afk and didn’t see what she sayd… :frowning_face: )

we got inside a library and then we found out what might have been the font of the corruption…

from Imgflip Meme Generator

Some sort of parasite was taking controll of a librarian, attacking us. we made it out alive, and once it was almost killed, someone stabbed the creature and it went in a book, that was then destroyed, as the whole inky goo disapeared…

10/10 event, would reccommend this and Ardent Pursuit guilds 100%

3 Likes

I would just like to say a big thank you to Kaitylinn and Zethodia for the absolute chaos that we got to take part in last night.

It was wonderful to meet both of you IC and a huge thank you to Kaitylinn for DMing a little arc for The Keepers. Explosions, circus pixies, ghostly crowds and more! What a wild evening of adventure.

If high action, world ending threats/bad guys and heroic antics are your thing in RP then I 100% recommend this guild to you all. It was an absolute blast saving Northrend from an EVIL CIRCUS (yes, truly) and we are already looking forward to hopefully collaborating again!

Thank you from all of us at The Keepers! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha, bless you friend - you’re far too kind! :smiley:

It was a pleasure DMing for you guys; couldn’t think of a finer crew to go save the world with!

And the sentiment is very much returned; I’d be more than happy to do it all again sometime, whenever is most convenient to yourselves (though knowing Kaitylinn’s habit of appearing suddenly out of nowhere, it’ll all kick off exactly when you were hoping for a quiet night in!)

2 Likes

Shortly before the outbreak of the now distant ‘Second War’, a strange woman rode into a little town in Westfall

Eyed with suspicion by the insular locals, none too used to seeing outsiders round these parts, the stranger’s initial attempts to make conversation were thwarted time and time again - until she came across a talkative delivery boy, of about 16, who seemed all too happy to chat with anyone and everyone he encountered.

The stranger’ s interest in the boy’s daily routine was, of course, utterly feigned; not until he mentioned the extra silver or two he got sometimes from “Old man McKenzie!” did her ears genuinely perk

With a smile, the stranger asked the eager young lad exactly where she might be able to meet this oh so charitable gentleman for herself; ever polite, he happily provided directions, which naturally earned him a few more shiny silvers for his efforts.

Riding into the distance, as the young lad returned to his paper round, the stranger pulled a curious little thing from a pouch on her horse; a pistol, of a style that wouldn’t be seen again for at least another 20 years.

Indeed; it shouldn’t have been seen at all, because nobody had yet invented it. But here it was, all the same - and so was she, herself a woman ahead of time, riding ever on, as the McKenzie farm slowly loomed over the horizon…

How do you solve a problem like the Dust Devils?!

Quite simply; you cut them off at the source!

There can’t be any Dust Devils if there’s no Kaitylinn; there can’t be any Kaitylinn if there’s no McKenzies. Can’t be any of her idiotic little friends neither; if you go back to the right points in time, and snuff them out before they ever become a problem…

And so, the Dust Devils find themselves in the greatest battle for survival they’ve ever known; nothing less than the battle to ever have existed at all!

With the forces of evil scattering themselves throughout the Devil’s pasts to take them out early, will our heroes be able to race back along their own timelines fast enough to avert disaster?! Or will they be scrubbed from the history books before they were even born?!

And what other havoc do our B-List badguys seek to wreak in the past?! There’s only one way to find out; see you in Warcraft friends - somewhere between Warcraft 2 and 3 that is!

2 Likes

Hi gamers;

Just so you all know (for the nobody who was interested in joining the guild!) - the Devils are going on a temporary hiatus, at least until the summer

I might be running the odd event here and there, and making the occasional appearance doing a little content every now and then, but the regularly scheduled broadcasts of nobody’s favourite superheroes is over for now

Despite trying to keep up appearances; I’m not alright at the moment . My work life balance is “none” - and my hairline has already receded to between my ears with stress. I barely have time to sleep these days - I just can’t keep the guild up.

With luck, we’ll be back in business come June; and as I said, I might still be about for the occasional adventure here and there, but for now, the shows over.

The lights have turned off, the crew has gone home, the internet’s been unplugged, the cast haven’t been seen for a week.

I hope to see you all in sunnier times (quite literally) come June - until then, peace out gamers.

18 Likes

Take care of yourself. May things improve for you!

1 Like

It’s really fine Kaitylinn. Everyone needs a pause from time to time. I’ll wait for the guild to be back in summer, but untill then, Take care of yourself :smile:

Starting a Go Fund Me for Kaitylinn’s hair transplant.

5 Likes

Can we transplant me some “life” to my work life balance too please - my guild was my last remaining hobby I hadn’t yet quit due to workload, and now it too has fallen by the wayside.

I’m more machine now than man; a vessel for PowerPoint creation and little more.

6 Likes

Sadge

Hope things work out for you, if not you can always hand your notice in!

2 Likes

even if the guild Hiatus, this thread must go on!

3 Likes

They lie I saw a certain preacher dressed up as a primalist! This hiatus is a cover up for their new primalist allegiances, a cover up I tell you!

3 Likes

any rumor that this Hiatus is a covEr up because the dust deviLs ™ are now the bad guys™ is Pure speculation and slander based on lies.

2 Likes

Well I think thEse cover-up stories are mighty suspicious too. Who keeps spreadIng them and to what end? aLthough now that i think about it, i’ve seen a certain preacher skuLking aBout all sorts of placEs, including the valley of Honor, dEadwind pass, and lately the dRagon islEs. i wonder what it all meanS? is it a dOppelganger? if it is, what happened to the real mckenzie? has her histOry finally caught up with her? or is there a mutiNy we don’t know about? this all seems very suspicious to me…

I have briefly returned from exile to assure you all the above conspiracies are nothing but baseless hearsay; as are the rumours that the Dust Devils are responsible for rigging the Oscars and holding back the development of the electric car due to the DM’s 51% stake in one of Saudi Arabia’s largest oil companies.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.