Terrible lag - Can’t Move

I don’t know if anyone else is having this problem. But since pre-patch my game is very slow. I can’t even move my character forwards without the game lagging so bad that nothing moves. Is anyone else having this issue or do I need a powerful laptop to run this game now? Please note I’ve never had any issues previously.

My CPU is i3 and 4RAM

It’s probably an addon issue.

Also check which graphics card it’s using under the system, advanced.

Don’t have any addons :persevere: but thanks I’ll try the graphic

Since lag is a technical issue I suggest you move the topic to technical support and provide the information they require:

Also stuff you can try to do on your own:

We are SO many people who cant play the game anymore due to something in the game. I play wow on 3 diffrent computers and none of them are able to play lag free for more than 2 minutes. I ran BfA perfectly fine with no addons on ultra, i cant play this pre-patch with no addons on “fair” . This is definatly something on blizzards end.

2 Likes

I know you say you have no addons, and I am sorry that is happening to you.
For others I would say that the majority is addon issues. I play with a lot of addons and now sadly have very few. I could barely play the game when I first logged in. Even some that have updated I have had issues with so now have the minimum.

I’ve tried changing all my graphics etc, and I’ve watched several YouTube videos on how to reduce lag. I think Shadowlands is just too much for my computer to handle. It’s not worth a new £500-600 laptop / computer so I think I have to cancel sub :persevere: I was really looking forward to unlocking the Zandalari Trolls haha

Game was working fine, until that patch now all my alts are frozen, I have changed everything deleted addons and still zip, and the contact ticket for help is full of errors as well.
My computer is fine, my isp is fine, your patch is the problem any help would be appreciated.

I have noticed that lag is zone specific, yesterday i had 2 sec input lag in eastern plaguelands, but when i ported to gadgetzan i had 0 lag, it must have something to do with sharding or something similar.

Need some advice. Should I wait to see if things improve in a few day’s once they’ve sorted all the bugs out? Or just give it up. My laptop is i3 with 4 RAM.

You RAM is very low for WoW, insufficient memory may be cause of cpu lags.

BTW you should post it in your first post.

for those with older machines like me, the game lag was really bad, go to system, find the graphics, should pop up saying Direct x and direct X legacy, change it to legacy and things should return to normal.