Thank you for tuning mage tower properly

Dear blizzard

Thank you! Sincerely, for making mage tower properly scaled so it is a fun and challenging solo experience to go through. I had 50 pulls myself and managed to down it eventually as Guardian druid. I feared that you would scale it to Tomb of Sargeras / Antorus levels, but it seems like you have rather hit the Nighthold ish scaling level, which I am personally very satisfied about.

To everyone saying it is luck dependent: I can confirm that after I did it and acquired my skin, I went in two times more afterwards and finished it as well. Those times I felt that I really did better since I wasnt nervous about dying, which helped me alot. But to sum up: Completed guardian challenge 3 times, and it felt great.

TLDR: I had to change talents numerous times, I stacked up on every consumable in the universe and I banged my head at the keyboard many times, but I am glad that it was such a challenge and that I had to revisit my strategy over and over again, because that is what the word “a challenge” implies.

I dont agree with people saying that it is overtuned in any way. It is hard, but it is definately doable. For example, I struggled alot with the four arcane guys spawning in the bear challenge until I realized that I basically doubled the time i had to kill them if I timed incap roar right when they finish their cast time. After figuring that out, I didnt care for them the rest of my pulls. And exactly THOSE kind of personal progress steps is what made the challenge great in my opinion.

KR

12 Likes

They put the MT in Classic?

2 Likes

No, it’s not properly tuned, it’s way harder and broken than it was in legion.
I did some of them the very first day they came out back in 2017, and this is not at all like that, mostly we are missing legendaries and some are very broken.
They could have at least let us use current legendaries and covenants.

And no, you didn’t do it. If you want to show off post on your retail main, not a random classic character.

9 Likes

I did :-). Here is a video of me recording P1 after I Got the skin. I recorded to help out a friend:

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Would you say it is doable for someone who does have a druid, and has a “bear set” of reasonable ilvl… but doesn’t actually play bear, and who hasn’t prepared a “proper TW” set?

Because (imo) the big problem is that MT is offering the most desired druid option we’ve seen for 4(?) years - and feels like it is holding it over the heads of all but the main spec tanks.

People would be way less salty, I think, if there was another werebear option from, let’s say, doing all Legion M+ on 15. It could be a drab, grey werebear; it would still satisfy those who don’t have one.

1 Like

Yes I would, but I would agree that its a bit harder on a spec you are not playing regularly.

I understand what you mean, and I agree: Blizzard release Way to few new forms for druids. As a Guardian main I agree on that (laser Bear and White Bear for 4 years now). But imo that should be fixed by adding more options to get new skins. This discussion is about whether mage tower is doable as it is meant to be a solo Challenge to Award the players who are exceptional at their class (I Think it was like that it was announced originally at blizzcon back in legion). I just say that it is doable :-). I hope it makes sense.

idk man sounds completely reasonable to me:
a bear challenge tuned in a way that experienced bear player will be able to get it to get a bear skin

3 Likes

Btw ilevel dont matter :-). Consumables do tho

current version of Xylem is harder than 7.2 launch Xylem without a doubt.

4 Likes

Tf?

I spend more time in moonkin form than I do in bear when I’m trying it. You’ll never do it if you stick to playing only bear.

2 Likes

Guardian is one of the easiest.

Calm your self.

And congrats on your new bear form. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesn’t show you doing it though lol

1 Like

The YouTube video I posted of myself doing it should show how to get past P1 with ease. In P2 you pop incarn drums and agi pot. 1st annihilate is ironfurx2, 2nd is barkskin and ironfur, 3rd is SI and ironfur and fourth is SI, ironfur and barkskin. Delay with orbs. A healthpot is Nice too :-). Regrowth heal if hpot, orbs or FR is unavailable.

1 Like

Can you do it as feral or balance.

I did it with balance affinity and stayed as much in that form P1 as possible :-).

Btw my intention for posting is only to try help you with tips on how to get it. I am not here to discuss tuning.

fun fact: current bear meta includes shifting into moonkin and convoking whenever possible to maximize damage. You going into moonkin in a challenge is not a new big brain play. Dorki has been doing that in high keys ever since you could shift into moonkin and do more damage than in bear form.

1 Like

I hear a lot of tanks saying its ok but not many dps or healers at the moment.

You can’t use covenant spells.

He was referring to m+ meta :-).

One thing I noticed is that your using a lot of BIS chromie time items.

For most normal people trying to find 3-4 people at lv 44-45 to feed you gear from dungeons is not likely. And are those the Garrosh heirlooms ?

2 Likes