The best ever city for Night elves

Here is another video tour going through the work they did for night elves

1 Like

Going through the sanctums

Going through the gardens.

Going through the Nighthold

1 Like

Kalibas - you talk so much about marble…have you ever thought of glass? What about, arcane-like glass floors, like those within the Well of Eternity dungeon, that led to the Azshara encounter?
But instead of her, a large Temple of Elune is built over the second Well of eternity, but the floor is made of strong, but slender looking glass? In the center stands Tyrande and Malfurion, with the Priestesses having small openings to draw upon Elune’s power, from this large second well.

It’s completely different from anything the Blood Elves and Nightborne have, but is still Elven.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DF-ALycXVww/maxresdefault.jpg

1 Like

I honestly fail to see why night elves need a city story wise. Teldrassil is a recent thing, planted by Fandral Staghelm when Malfurion was trapped in the nightmare. The night elves managed without a city before that, they don’t really need one now.

Gameplay wise you can still access Darnassus, so there is no need for a new Nelf hub.

1 Like

I’m liking your idea Leia…

Yes there is a lot of glass… those domes in Zin’Azshari warbringer with the constellation ceilings are glass…
Imgur

And you see a lot of glass in the Cathedral too, at the top where Illidan crashes to teh floor in the Mephistroth confrontation.

The Eternal Palace under water has a lot of glass in it too.

Their was a lot of glass walk-ways in Azshara’s inner palace as well.

Rather than copying and pasting, for a third time round (first Blood Elves, then Nightborne), why not go for something more luminous

Also very astute of you, most elf lore lovers don’t realise that priests also draw the power of the well of eternity, in fact they were the first, and that they also use Moonwells magically.

i don’t understand what you mean here - nightborne is clearly night elven - I mean all that stuff in there is night elven based ofc, there is no distinction so far between nightborne and night elves in terms of architecture, because it’s the same night elven city, night elven style… and we have yet to see the Nightborne do anything that isn’t night elven based. It’s the night elf race in a different location (i.e. the broken isles) giving a clearer picture of their stuff (i.e. the updated models)

However I would expect certain distinctiveness to come out, maybe like higher luminosity

AS for blood elves, well, we know the high elf style just switches the colours from red to blue, so a void elf style would probably alter textures, colours and swap those phoenix wings for void wings… i mean they could do a new style, it’s probably more warranted for Thalassian elves than night elves, because they haven’t had an update at all since TBC, whereas Draenei got one in WoD and Night elves did in Legion… ofc humans and orcs constnatly get one, trolls got a huge one in BFA… tauren got there’s in Legion too.

But what’s good about it being the same?

Night Elves have glass walk-ways an glass-like buildings, Nightborne don’t.

I’m trying to actually make the Elven races more distinguished and not just copy and pastes of each other.

I am returning player, played at 2006 - 2007, now i have new character, but same race and class, an night elf druid. Back then our starting area was beautiful city or village of night elves (was it Teldrassil?) , i still remember it . So new starting is some tutorial island and then some populated island (Kul Tiras?) and it was pretty much disappointment.

PS: Night elves are not city dwellers, so i expect their city would be hidden in trees and forest.

So what sort of city would like? Something that was like Teldrassil? Very forest-like?

Tehese are both Night elven:

Imgur

and
Imgur

They built this, all part of Suramar - this is the level of quality we should have for a night elf city. You want the race being the best it has to offer.
For cities you want the best they’ve done
For temples you wan tthe best they’ve done
For forests, you want the best they’ve done

Look at the image of shaladrassil in the Emerald dream loading screen

But this is what night elves will get for taking over Val’sharah forest
Imgur

1 Like

And one can be given to the Night Elves and the other remains with the Nightborne.
No race has multiple themes going on in their cities, so I don’t see why Night Elves should be given special treatment.

1 Like

You know what would suit Night Elves best ? Ardenweald. Try it out I swear

There is such good stuff in game for night elven cities, temples and forests - is it so hard to design a kickass zone that has the best of all of these for a night elf capital zone?

Oh yeah, the ideal position would be for the Nightborne to have Suramar, and the night elves build a new city just as amazing even if it is a copy paste with more luminescent aspects, - I mean the theme is so kaldorei - stars, moon all over.

The same for blood elves. The blood elves keep Silvermoon, but they build the void elves a really cool new city

Worse case scenairo = they do nothing - i mean they’ve nearly wiped out the ngiht elves and void elves anyway
Quick fix solution would be they just go ah well, We are making Surmaar the capital for both night elves and Nightborne instead of building one, and the updated SIlvermoon is for both void/high elves and blood elves - and here is the story how this comes about.

Proper solution: Amazing new nelf city/zone with great city, great temple, beauitful forest and world tree model. Sparlking Well of power, etc
Great badass looking void elf city cool void themes all over etc

Update Silvermoon to beautiful great new city

1 Like

Well I tell you what, when Blood Elves and other races get a city that represents all of their sections, then Night Elves can get their capital with all their sections.

If we can’t have that, then Night Elves should get something that resembles Darnassus, because again - why should night elves get priority for a city that has everything for them, when everyone else has one, maybe 2 themes.

Well they gotta start somewhere, I mean the homeless races on the faction that really needs to attract people to it should defintiely make the effort for it.

All the assets are in game, they just need to provide a really cool version in one zone for the night elves.

With the blood elves they have to actually remodel the city.

And for the Forsaken, by this logic…and the Darkspear Trolls.

again, night elves shouldn’t get this, if the same isn’t given to the Horde.

And what about the people, who play alliance who don’t like Night Elves? Are they supposed to get excited for a race that they don’t like?

I would say, theya re supposed to get attracted to and start liking a race they didn’t like because it wasn’t all that before… this would be the aim.

Polish off that model do increases etc.

Ofc it would be a mistake to only do things to the alliance and not for the horde… even though they always gave the horde better, they always did things for the alliance too. the reason peopel moved horde was because the horde stuff was better and more attractive, but they still did nice things for the alliance, they just werne’t as nice, and they knew that.

You want to make the night elves, the draenei, teh dwarves, the void elves all very attractive and tempting enough for hordies to switch, but you also want to give the horde cool stuff that si nice too, not everyone likes the thigns the alliance likes, some love the orc, troll, goblin etc culture. Kezan was actually a lot of funa nd rather futuristic, much more so than gnoemragan, Dazar’alor had primal raw majesty, it was an incredible city fitting the troll theme well, but doing an upscale version. and ofc there is still that matter of a Silvermoon update, it would look amazing when done. But you would want a void elf city and night elf city to also be attractive enough to draw people blue even with an amazing new Silvermoon.

All these cool new things would be great for our game, and keep people engaged and innvolved, especially if you do them well, Legion expansion level of detail well.

The Alliance isn’t the night elves.

The what now?

How?