The new forums GIF feature is stupid

8 Likes

I do like the new features like gifs and most who reach level 3 like using them. You can convey a response in gif format. I do think it’s valid. I also like that I get notifications if someone replies to me or quotes me. We have the ability to use emojis etc.

I do not like the trivial things for which people are now reported and punished. Obviously there are serious offenses that warrant punishment. There seemed to be much more room for debate and not such petty rules. I also preferred the system where it just changed swear words into symbols.

3 Likes

I love it when people use gifs as reply, they are fun, often very descriptive for situation and in general lighten up when conversations get heavy. Also love using them myself.

6 Likes

Don’t pick on the gifs

It’s just a bit of harmless fun

7 Likes

How the hack you guys can post gifs and links - even with 1000 post I can’t post even a link.

Its a dedicated cult! Something must be sacrificed!!

for serious answer check out this under the trust levels bit:

1 Like

6 Likes

What?

Even before gif feature and especially in the past forums have been nothing but spamming mostly and the amount of gif “spammers” is extremely surpassed by whiners spamming about anything from stubbed toes to Russian premades.

I dislike the rank 3 forum rank requirement, because it demands that your posts don’t receive too many flags over a certain period of time. That inevitably means that some posters will never reach rank 3, because they’re either infamous, hold controversial opinions, or similar.

I have never, and likely never will, reach forum rank 3, because I have some “fans” who delight in flagging various posts of mine as trolling.

And that sucks. The ability to post pictures and links and illustrations is quite a nice feature if you want to present some visual information alongside your text, or refer to what’s written elsewhere on the internet.

But yeah, I hate that Blizzard have locked that forum rank behind a requirement that is outside my own control. :rage:

As far as funny .gifs are concerned…dunno. Not really my style. I think a forum post should err toward written text. A pure .gif seems low-effort and not very insightful. And Reddit does that better anyway.

6 Likes

I got suspended and can’t reach rank 3 now cause I told someone to not take what people on the internet says to heart.

Nice system

2 Likes

Welcome to Blizzard forums where only thing that is allowed is Disney like fantasy view of the world.

And by Magni’s beard if you say something controversial on thin skin people standards you get 3 days to infinite ban.

1 Like

I’m enjoying this far too much.

You can have a different opinion. Just when people start the insults is when a ban is deserved.

1 Like

Except if you get mass flagged and suspended anyway even if you didn’t do anything ban-worthy. Sh*t system

I dont know the intricacies of the ban system in all honesty. Don’t know if its automatic based on reports or if its reviewed by human eyes. Either way if you’re civil, it isnt in the mists of mass spam from your account or majorly passive aggressive then a ban shouldn’t happen.

I’ve had two bans on the new forums and still gained TL3 three times now. I lost It once because of my second ban and once because I let my game time run out.

You can still gain it even with a historic sanction on your account, it just resets the 100 days counter.

3 Likes

And that is a sh*t system

A friend made a joke reply at me saying something like ‘how dare you be so sensible’. The friend got a temporary ban for it.

I think some people have had short term bans and still made level 3 though.

Sure, but resetting the 100 day counter on a suspension is stupid

1 Like

The bans are reviewed by a human being, you can also appeal a ban there is a support section for it.

Except bans on wow forum can occur from the reasons that someone does not like your opinion because people are either too thin skinned or 12 year old’s and mass flag you.