The new forums GIF feature is stupid

I was going to get one of these, but I live above a 24hour offlicense… so I just lower a basket out of the window and hoist up replacements.

2 Likes

That’s even better than Amazon Prime!!!

2 Likes

yeah its a very sad fact.

Ok I am on trust level 2 but how can I know progress of my trust lvl 3?

I dont think u can? :thinking: maybe Puny knows if there is a way!

The requirements for level 3 are in this post…

You can also click your character name on this forum in a post and choose “View Activity” and then “Summary” which will detail how many topics you have posted, read, liked etc… the only thing missing is over what period, but it will give you an idea.

Here is your summary:-

2 Likes

#$%^ you beat me to it xD posting the forum guide “REEEEE’s in the distance”

• Visit the Forums on 50% of the last 100 Days. What is this 50% mean?
  • Read 500 Topics created in the last 100 Days
  • Read 20,000 Posts created in the last 100 Days

These three requirements seems confusing. Last 100 days means have to do it for 100 days straight?

Means u have to fulfill those 3 things within the last 100 days. So if u suddenly take a break from forum after getting rank 3 u might lose the rank again. Its a constant grind to keep up :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: and the 50% basically means u have to visit the forums 50 of the last 100 days.

1 Like

Wauw, those are pretty heavy requirements :smiley: I read very selective so those 500 topics I will never reach. Are there even 500 topics created in 100 days. That is 5 a day. So the answer is probably yes :+1:

I am also selective in reading and answering thread. Mostly I lurk in general and new players forums. I don’t think I will ever get rank 3 on forums.

1 Like

if you get quite bored like me its easy xD 800ish topics in 30 days :sweat_smile: xD i quite enjoy it though. mostly alliance venting atm xD

Oh yeah no need to tell me that i have been banned a few times of wich some were for a pretty stupid reasons

Fixed for you :yum:

The worst thing (after the absurd requirements for Trust 3) is that you have to maintain the absurd requirementes for Trust 3.

I got to Trust 3, and then I thought “WHEW, now I can use the forum in a sensible and natural way again”, but then after a while I couldn’t use the basic forum features that I had to unlock by using the forum unnaturally. Then I discovered the disgusting truth: only people who use the forum in an extremely narrow way may use all of the basic features of a forum.

It’s horrid.

It’s even worse if you use other Blizzard forums (since they’re separate in that regard).

You have to live in each forum just to use basic forum features. And then they’ll expect people to play their games also?

Edit: And it’s not even a transparent system. How can I even know the requirement I’m lacking? At least if I had some progress bars it would be like some kind of absurd minigame… but nope, no one knows. Click everything, pass through threads at 25% zoom, spam hearts… and maybe you’ll get there.

17 Likes

I can say about ‘likes’ that I am so off the social media culture that I rarely give ‘hearts’ out, I do when I agree with something, and feel “agree” is a silly response. And so i show to writer that ‘good one’. I am a bit old school. I rather use a ‘heart’ than “I agree” or like old forums here had QFT. QFT was most annoying response I’ve ever seen on Blizzard forums, but vanilla to some point it was a key way to show you agreed with someone without adding to the post. Now you post a heart and be done.

I have never-ever gone out to collect likes. In fact I believe my negative opinions are not really liked. Only thing I personally tracked was ‘be here every day’ and sometimes ‘post every 2nd day’. I was lucky, I joined forums again with classic launch and Hong Kong Overwatch debate so there was things to post about, but same time both - classic and Overwatch topics were so full of emotions that I am surprised T3 people did get trough that time and there are T3 people.

You’re Trust Level 2, just in case you want to know. :slight_smile:

There are websites which can tell you, but the simplest thing to do is to go onto your profile (https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/name-realm) and then put .json at the end.

You get a wall of text, which can look a bit confusing, but if you do a Ctrl+F for trust_level, then the highest number you see is your current trust level.

Yeah I found it too with the .json :slight_smile: But the requirements of reading 500 topics in 100 days is too much for me. It is fine though. I never felt the need of posting memes anyway.

1 Like

Wow! Look at these gif trollers, they are trolling like there’s no tomorrow. If I was a CM, I would ban them hard…
https://media1.tenor.com/images/144d0621c5ccab3f9f22d6581e9b9801/tenor.gif?itemid=5144812

I apparently lost earlier my trust level for not ‘liking’ enough posts as I have not been demoted by Blizzard. Or maybe I read too little or posted too little. Or something, who knows. shrugs So am mere mortal again !

5 Likes