The pain of gearing up an Alt as a pvper need advice

Hello, I leveled up my mage a week ago to 120 and for the past week I have been farming essences which is a pain and trying to gear up.
The main issue I have encountered is that I like to play PVP stuff, at some point after finishing the call to arms quests I have no way of getting gear, there are barely any rated battleground groups and they don’t accept low ilvl. I also have no access to titan residuum from pvp…So now I am forced to do mythic dungeons which are hideous repetitive and boring, and the pve people don’t accept my ilvl for something like mythic 10 :woozy_face: which is kinda silly that they want people in their dungeon with more ilvl than the rewards it offers.
I feel so burned out and stuck ! I have some free time to invest in the game but I can’t have fun because I am forced to do things I hate…
What happened to the old days when I could farm honor from BGS and buy gear…
What happened to PVP vendors Blizzard :unamused:

1 Like

They wanted to force PvP’ers into PvE (Gear), and PVE’ers into PvP (Essences). I couldn’t give a damn about PvP but do sympathize with PvP’ers, so I find it a pretty loathsome move on Blizzard’s part.

2 Likes

Hello,

PvP Vendor is back for Shadowlands.

You can get a view of how it will work here :

And here is the first time when they annouced PvP Vendor for Shadowland ( Annouced with Alpha) :

1 Like

Thank you but Wish you can give me advice on how to get gear now :confused:

Pretty much the only way is to do PvE content till you’re of gear to do Rated PvP comfortably, you can easily do Mythic0 dungeons for 430 gear. Unless you want to cry doing low tier PvP and rely on them caches.

You get 445 weapon first off CP, furthermore gear per CP level till it’s eventually 460. Not brilliant, but decent for starting off with the weapon at least. Doesn’t take too long per CP level at least, and you get to choose the reward somewhat.

1 Like

Wont help you with anything as long there is no pvp stat you still want to do pve for gear.

I am almost crying right now - from joy. Yet I am hesistant… you never know what they pull out their sleeves before the game begins

PvP stats will not make PvP great, instead it will limit PvE Player to say " go back to PvE you got 0 gear PvP".

Also if you speak about resilience, it’s now called Versality nowaday so it can be used in PvE.

There were 1 thing that maked PvE > PvP = trinket and how the gear was more easier to obtain in PvE than PvP. ( here i speak when Titanforging/Warforging and Corruption loot systems. important to note it).

So in Shadowland there will be no systems like TF/WF and corruption. Instead we will see loot harder to drop in PvE.
While it will be harder for PvE, that mean the droprate will be lower + the random gear that will drop + who in the group will get it.
To counter that (PvE systems) they have introduced a new systems of weekly chest so you have a list of favorite item you want and 1 item on that list will be random into your weekly chest.
That mean spamming Mythic + (example King Rest for geti’ku) will be less valuable than before but the weekly chest will be more rewardable .

So what’s up in Shadowland in PvP.
You will get 2 systems:

• Unranked systems , where you start with gear if you will walk the way of full PvP gearing. Also this currency will be used to upgrade gear :

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/currency=1792/shadowlands-pvp-honor

• Ranked Systems. Where lie the weekly reward currency in order to buy the rank 1 of the top gear piece.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/currency=1802/shadowlands-pvp-weekly-reward-progress

So PvP Systems work in a systems of upgrade items with currency. That mean the most important is to get pieces first to rush Rated Currency to get the rank 1 of a ranked gear. And then to farm the unranked one to upgrade it .
(i still think it need a update like if you do PvP ranked you obtain way more currency unranked one than doing unranked in order to upgrade it, maybe not all is datamined yet).

So What’s better between PvE and PvP ?
Well i will tell my ideology : Never trust RNG and the droprate.
So here is my way :

1. Mythic dungeons ( 0 )
  2. Getting weekly currency PvP ranked. ( in order to get the rank 1 top gear fast)
  3. Getting my PvE Weekly chest ( so i got both weekly reward.
  4. Getting Unranked currency to start upgrading my ranked gear, if missing gear i buy unranked gear
  5. Mythic + in order to push a little for a better Weekly PvE chest and getting more accepted in Mythic + systems.

So after we saw all of this let’s answer of that :

Now we see that the fact PvP isn’t RNG but PvE is still in random gear, because PvP and PvE share the same stats. We may see PvE player coming to PvP in order to get their gear missing they don’t get in PvE because of droprate in dungeons.

So, where BFA asked player to do PvE for both content, we now see that the player have to do both content in order to rush gear. but at the end of each seasons , we will see that PvP player = PvE player.

To end the post , i want to show you too that we will gain the exact same thing in PvE than PvP. the trinket is normalised by passive primary stats and secondary stats.

Too long Didn’t Read :

The best way to gear is to do both PvE and PvP
In Order to beat in PvE or in PvP, knowledge will make all the difference

sorry for some link the forums don’t recognize wowhead shadowlands so i need to farm back Trust level 3 in order to post link normaly back again

Who cares about shadowlands atm. Always, wait and buy next expansion, candies will fall from sky there.
PVE’rs dont need to do PVP, cos its pvp essence and if so, its super easy. Get rating 1000 and join some group for 25 kills or smth. At nazjatar just dot up some enemy and here you go, easier then to kill mob.
Im just at same situation,want to level up dps alt, but I wont spend months gearing it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.