月 The Pandaria Lunar Bazaar (30th Jan) 虎 🌙

"Ten-thousand years ago, our beloved Emperor strode into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. So unburdened was he, that the very trees sprung to life, ever-blooming until recent times.
The Mists saved our Empire and allowed our people to prosper and thrive, girding ourselves for the time that they would eventually part.

Whilst our people have seen hardships of recent times, we can rest knowing that our Emperor’s sacrifice was never in vain, and that we shouldered the burdens of Azeroth with our new allies. I pray to the White Tiger, Xuen, that we may borrow his strength as an auspice for this coming year"
~Lorewalker Tang

Greetings to all and a happy New Year! To coincide with the Lunar Festival at the end of this month, there’ll be a bazaar held at Tian Monastery in honour of Emperor Shaohao’s sacrifice and to praise the August Celestials who watch over the land.

Whilst our non-Pandaren allies are more than welcome to commemorate this momentous occasion. I humbly call upon the Pandaren merchants to showcase the finest wares that our people can boast.

Date: Sunday 30th January
Time: 19:00 - 22:00 (but it’ll end when it truly ends, be that in the witching hour)
Recommended addons and items:

• Elixir of Tongues
  • Inky Black Potion
  • CrossRP (Addon for cross-faction)
  • Listener (for ease of communication in crowded areas)

The core area of the Bazaar is split into three sections as shown in the image below:
https://imgur.com/a/qRZ7iid

• The Blossoming Bazaar will encompass the majority of the wares that Pandaren merchants might offer to visitors. If you wish to find a keepsake to offer your ancestors or a loved one then this is the place to visit.

• Filled to the brim with delicacies, the Mess Hall boasts the finest cooks in Pandaria. Of course, this doesn’t meant there won’t be fine brews flowing!

• The Firework Showground is where the Bazaar will officially begin and end. By the toll of the jade bell, we shall herald our reverence to the Emperor! Performers and storytellers are also welcome to gather here so as to entertain those eager to delve deeper into Pandarian culture.

If you are keen to show up as a performer, chef or merchant then be sure to let the organiser know either on this thread or via private message. We’re keen to see as many Pandaren merchants as possible, we can do this!

Contact: Krasarang (Alliance), Valley (Horde) or even via Discord (Valley#5448)

21 Likes

Pandaren oriented events in Pandaria? Yes sir, may I please have some more.

4 Likes

Sounds amazing! Can’t wait to trade some luckydo’s on my grummle!

4 Likes

Ah thank you for reminding me. If you are a merchant who represents Hozen, Jinyu or Grummles then you are indeed welcome to trade. Mantid and Saurok need not apply.

5 Likes

An actual Pandaren-centric event in Pandaria!? Sign me up!

5 Likes

Let’s reclaim the east-asian aesthetic from the kaldorei and celebrate the Pandaren way! I will be there to celebrate and perhaps sell some fabrics and clothes!

5 Likes

We don’t see enough Pandaren merchants selling anything other than food (not that I’m complaining), so fine silks certainly wouldn’t go amiss!

Requesting permission to perform acts of brigandry on isolated people on their way in and out of the monastery

I’ll be there

1 Like

Your request has been passed to the local Shado-Pan, they’ll be arriving at your residence shortly.

Not again…

2 Likes

I’ll try my best to be there.

Great initiative! :+1:

Keen to see any Pandaren merchants, let’s showcase the best of Pandaria!

Super excited for this!! Kept forgetting to reply but I’ll try my best to drop on by, maybe even with a merchant to sell some ~fine goods~ (or Yi here and sell food… as one does)

To any and all lurkers as Valley said, super recommend making an alt and trying out some new RP if you haven’t! Or come on your main :eye::eye:

1 Like

I’ll be glad to see you.

And it’s indeed true, sometimes rustling up a temporary character can let you enjoy the RP more by opening you up to new experiences that you mighty not experience or appreciate as your main.

Not long now. Can’t wait!

Hey there!

Lunar festival celebration and bazaar sounds awesome. If myself can sign the Hummingbird Emporium as one of the merchants? We’re not pandaren, nor native race to Pandaria, but wish to spread some festive mood and goodies.

We’ll brng some of our stock, plushies, cosmetics and enchantments, variety of chocolate for eating or drinking!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Only a few days until the night! I look forward to seeing people about and merely co-existing in merriment for the new year. If you have considered playing a Pandaren for the night then I heartily recommend dipping your toes into it as well as some Pandaria lore.

I also hope to see everybody dressed up well enough…maybe even some folk in costumes that revolve around the beloved August Celestials perhaps?

I’ve pondered this and must regretfully point out that we have advertised for Pandaren/Jinyu/Hozen/Grummle merchants only. As much as I’d love for you and your guild to display your wares on the night, I must also keep in mind that the ultimate aim of this event is to revolve enrich Pandaren/Pandarian culture.

However, you and your guild are still more than welcome to attend and soak in the atmosphere. Perhaps they might see some wares IC that might even inspire them to dabble more in Pandarian trade goods :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been months since I logged on to WoW, but I just want to say how happy and proud I am that the pandaren community’s still going strong.

Pandaren have long been my favourite part of WoW - perhaps helped by being older lore that isn’t as affected by recent hijinks. Despite being mostly based around a single continent, there’s so much you can do - so many untold stories, so much room to build the world with the presented foundations that are, if not sound, at the very least serviceable - as Shuang showed me with Huxue back in the day.

Who knows what the future holds? Maybe I’ll be back one day and if so I’d love to see you around!

Until then, have a like, and I look forward to seeing what more close-in snapshots Raiqu will show me of Pandaria’s events!

1 Like

An important reminder that the Bazaar is this Sunday! I am personally looking forward to seeing folk popping by to join in on the festive atmosphere. I’ll be using this post to set out the general order of service etc.

Opening: 19:00 Realm Time
We’ll gather at the Clarion Bell (the Firework Showground) for the opening speech. After the ringing of the bell, the Bazaar will be proclaimed open (spread over the Bazaar and Banquet grounds-…this may be merged into the Bazaar area if there is enough space in one).

Middle: The Bazaar
Once the Bazaar is open, attendees will be free to drift about and browse the stalls for goods crafted in Pandaria. Perhaps the grounds of Tian Monastery might draw you away from the bustle?

Finale fireworks: 22:00 Realm Time
As the clock strikes 10, people will be beckoned back to the Clarion Bell, here we’ll set the sky alight with hundreds of rocket and fireworks. Of course, people are welcome to stay and party into the night.

Attire: While people are allowed to dress as they wish. I heartily encourage people to try and dress up as one of the August Celestials or even in garments of Pandaren silk, so as to truly embrace the festive occasion.

Firework: I’ll personally be stockpiling fireworks, rockets and firecrackers to use throughout the night. However, if you want to have your own stockpile (especially firecrackers), Lunar Festival firework merchants can fulfill most of your firework needs (I’ll supply the cluster launchers.)

Pets: I’m encouraging everyone to make use of the various lantern pets available ingame, especially the Sky Lantern pet that can be purchased on the Timeless Isle. If a lantern doesn’t suit then a pet that represents one of the August Celestials would be just as welcome a sight.

Other details and advisories can be found at the top of the thread. I honestly hope to see plenty of folk enjoying the moment and celebrating the Lunar Festival period in this unique way. And that being said, Outsiders welcome…but if you want to try out some Pandaren RP, maybe this might be your shot?

Edit: And just to reiterate. Stallholders will be exclusively Pandaren/Grummle/Hozen/Jinyu but attendance is open to any race or faction. We do stress that we ask people to avoid and big fights or conflicts as there are no doubt temple guards etc. etc.

3 Likes