The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds

No, it didn’t. Twinking died when getting a game going became far too much effort, which was after EXP was added to battlegrounds.

Yes, your post is a whine post full of poor information. We understand it perfectly, what you’ve responded with isn’t a counter argument.

You ALWAYS had the option of premading.

Doing something that you yourself are perfectly capable of doing but outright refuse to isn’t an UNFAIR advantage.

Gee, it’s almost like I said you people were still going to whine.

This isn’t a solo player game, and playing solo shouldn’t reap the same rewards as playing as a team. You said in a different post that WoTLK was where the game started to go downhill, know why that was?

Because WoTLK was when the game started to cater to solo players.

1 Like

Are we playing the same game? Experience gain was removed from battlegrounds. My twink died because it got a level in a battleground. (No idea if Blizzard has rowed back and forth with this issue.)

My point exactly, people stopped twinking when the playing field got even. Twinking revealed that the game is not designed to be played at 29 level mark. People ran out of mana when trying to take down these buffed twinks. There was no way to fix the issue, so people stopped twinking. Seriously, how much fun it is trying to kill 29 level character for several minutes and still failing to do so because of game mechanics?

And you always had an option to walk barefoot in the middle of winter. You just do not do it because you do not enjoy it.

There is nothing fun about premades for either side. Premades are simply a tool people use to get EASY honor. Key word here being EASY, even though you still somehow pretend that doing premade battlegrounds is “putting more effort into the game”.

THE TRUTH IS: You are not putting any effort when you farm randoms with a premade group. After people discover that it is a premade they are facing, 50% go afk or stop playing. Premades are a big factor why people do not enjoy PvP anymore. It’s not fun to lose all games as a solo queue player, and it is not fun to win when there is no challenge or the opposing team stops playing.

You can of course pretend that it is, but seriously… we all know.

Organized groups vs. random solo players is not a fair match up. If you cannot even admit this, there is really no point in taking any of your commentary seriously. You simply lack some piece of circuit from your brain that recognizes the difference between fair and unfair.

Everybody understands why there are leagues in sports, except of course you due to this medical condition I just described.

Nobody is trying take away “your rewards”. The rewards are the same no matter how you play the game.

However if we are being honest, honor farming players who cannot really defend themselves should not be rewarded at all. There is no honor in that activity because it is not fair, it takes little to no effort and it is not fun for either side.

There would be honor in premade vs. premade battlegrounds but you people do not really want that because it would be fair but not effortless. Winning against an organized team is almost the same as solo players fighting solo players, the only difference being that you have control over your teammates when solo queue players do not. Premade vs. premade games last long and winning is far from guaranteed, just like solo queue vs. solo queue games.

Conclusion: You just want easy access to honor gear and farming people who cannot defend themselves is your method of operation. Rest is just you trying to obscure this fact but this is what you are defending.

Battleground EXP was added mid WoTLK. At the same time, EXP-Off queues were added.

Legion added templates to the game. When templates were added, queues were no longer separate. After templates were removed in BfA, queues were once again separated.

Your point is wrong and it shows that you don’t read what you’re responding to. Twinking died when getting a game together took way to much effort and queues were too long. Again, this was back when battlegroups existed, so there wasn’t one big pool of players.

Here’s a link to what a battlegroup means, since you won’t bother reading my description of one to you:

Actually I kind of do, I like the feeling of a bit of snow on my feet. When I do however, I don’t cry that people in shoes have an “unfair advantage”.

Would you stop with the bad arguments and the strawmanning? It isn’t making you look intelligent.

Third time: you don’t get to decide whath other people find fun. Read what others are saying, some players actually enjoy premading.

No, it isn’t. Once again, the EASY option is to sign up by yourself and ignore the world around you. Premading is the EFFICIENT option, not the EASY option.

On top of that, if you as a solo player are constantly matched against premades; what makes you think premades aren’t also matched against each other?

THE ACTUAL TRUTH IS: Premades ALSO get matched against premades. They aren’t guaranteed to get matched against a group of braindead monkeys that don’t want to play together. Premades were matched against premades pre-patch just as often as you. Now they’re matched against premades EVEN MORE often than you.

Premade vs premade isn’t “easy stomp lol”.

On the subject of taking commentary seriously, are you aware that you aren’t reading what I’m saying to you? Or are you just doing it on purpose?

Here’s your problem little Beyondo: you’re trying to convert people into your way of thinking. You’re not trying to win a debate or get your point across, you’re just trying to convert people. It isn’t going to work, ever.

I’m going to use your strawman examples: This isn’ta sport and this isn’t a league. It’s random games.

What you’re doing is telling one kids football team that they can’t play against a different team because they pre-picked their players.

I didn’t say anything about taking rewards away. I said you want your participation trophy to be worth just as much as the first prize trophy.

However if we are being honest: it sounds like you need to play a completely different game. Perhaps even a different genre.

Conclusion You’re too stubborn to read and will spend your entire life wondering why people don’t flock to agree with your single minded viewpoint. You post a lot of text, but very little substance.

You’re too focussed on your perception of “fair” instead of the consequences of altering the entire game. You’re never going to get “fair”. The game has already been changed to cater you, and exactly as I predicted: you’re still not happy.

You won’t be happy with a complete solo queue either. Retail has solo queue: people instead just cry about miss-matched team set ups.

But that’s you PVP players in a nutshell isn’t it? Don’t like something? Cry about it. Blizzard change the game to cater to you? Continue crying anyway.

For those of you who want a quick run through of this discussion without wasting your time reading it all, I’ll summarise:

Beyondo: Premades no fair.
Miylee: Tough tomatoes.

1 Like

Whatever, Miylee.

I have already stated my opinion and so far you have not written a single line that I could agree with. You ignore logic and reality, nobody has the time to argue with a broken clock.

1 Like

You’re not arguing with me about opinions. The twink queues died when people literally couldn’t play their characters any more: that is a fact, not an opinion.

And we’re not supposed to agree, this isn’t a discussion where people come to agreements and compromises. You want something that changes fundamental aspects of the game, and you want people to just accept that.

And that’s why very few people waste their time talking to you.

Anyway, their group vs group is not working, got random servers ( only 2x 2 ppl from same server) vs full premade. Weird feature.

I almost got a headache from reading all the wall of text you guys produced.
Just came here to say that Miylee’s arguments seem more solid and thought through. I remember when twinking died and it was like they described.

Also calling premade vs premade easier when all you have to do is literally que up as solo player vs having to actually coordinate with 9 other players… thats ridiculous. Also for me personally playing with randoms in BGs is zero fun but playing rated Battlegrounds in Shadowlands was massive fun, so don’t tell me what is fun and what isn’t wtf dude…

1 Like

Really nice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.