The Revival Catalyst is Coming Next Week

As far as I understood it, creation catalyst charges were global - a new player reaching it mid-season would have the same number of charges as someone who’d been playing from it’s launch. Alts /certainly/ did.
You could also trade the currency across characters, and within days have 4p at least.

That’s catagorically not the case with Revival Catalyst at it’s current state. 4 weeks is the minimum to get enough Sigils (34) for 4 tier bonus pieces.

As a gap filler, maybe, it’s ok. As a catch-up, it sucks.

Yes seeing the same - chest is 411, from Mythic+, and is using the Normal mode appearance, despite being well above normal ilvl(And is tagged Mythic on the tooltip)

Hopefully a bug, as with Creation Catalyst (and upgradeable gear in general in Shadowlands) it DID provide the correct raid tier appearances - you could take an M2 piece for eg, upgrade it enough and earn both normal and heroic as it passed certain thresholds. Mythic appearance required a 15 Great Vault item.

Sure, I guess if you make a brand new alt, it takes 2 weeks (not 4) to get the 4-set bonus using only the open-world items, meaning 2 pieces from the Storm set and 2 from the War mode set.

And that’s if you do zero mythic+, zero raid, zero arenas and zero battlegrounds.

K, since we’re in to ‘just do (other thing)!’…

First, we’re talking deterministic rewards, not luck. The 8th ring/neck/cloak, or the 3rd duplicate slot is REALLY going to help with that tier set, right?

Second, you should not have to do the opposite game mode to get required items for your chosen one. You’ll no doubt know just how virulently PvP players argue against having to do PvE. Similar discussions can be found for PvE players having to do PvP.

Finally, if you’re doing M+, raid, arenas, battlegrounds, you’re not the subject of this discussion about acquisition of tier through open-world content.

(For clarity, I won’t be rehashing debates on the definitions of ‘have to’ or ‘required’. That’s also been covered /at length/ on various platforms)

The entitlement, Jesus Christ. If you ONLY ever want to do solo open world content, and even refuse to turn on war mode for a set of world quests, then why exactly is it such a big problem to wait a week or two?

What’t next? “I hate The Azure Span, can I have a version of the Community Feast that takes place elsewhere? Or skip that part of the story campaign?”
or
“Why can’t I get tier sets day 1 by doing pet battles only?”

Talking about making things simpler, more accessible and speedier isn’t entitlement. Throughout I’ve compared to a previous system that worked well, and where I feel this current incarnation falls short.

And I expected the ‘Why does this section of the playerbase need the shiny stuff?!’ a lot sooner, in fairness.

But we’re done here. Build your strawmen elsewhere, and thank you for the chat.

" Q: What gear is not eligible for use in the Revival Catalyst?

A: Items that are not eligible for the Revival Catalyst include items gained from crafting and from the Renown track."

So we’ve got a “crafting” expansion, with limited amounts of crafts due to sparks being time-gated and later on rare drops.
And then the crafted items aren’t possible to turn in to tier with the catalyst.
Is it only me who thinks this is a really stupid idea?

3 Likes

Do we lose the existing set bonus on the Warmode and Storm gear items we convert?

And why were we not given all this info on launch?

No, blizzard seems to be trolling once again. Revival catalyst should just include all loot, and end of story

1 Like

I just went there today on a newly lvl 70 alt and delivered this weeks quest. She had one (1) charge when I delivered her quest. I assume that is a bug?

Yeh, it says 1 charge, but you’ll be able to use more.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell how many charges you have left (that I have found out anyway).

I also have a friend that had 4 charges, but only got 3. So watch out for that.

Ah thank you. I will try and see then :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.