The War Within Hotfixes - 18 September

hi I am usually not active on forums so hi everybody :wink:
I have a problem with this fix for Paladin:

Quick summary of what my problem is with this fix:
This is not a fix! The original tooltip states “Wake of washed (WOA) is replaced with hammer of light for 12 seconds after it is cast”. And my expectation for this has always been that it can be used multiple times!!! So please remove the fix and give the mechanic back to use it multiple times!!! You can balance the class differently but using hammer of light just once is much to boring compared to using it multiple times!!!

Now some more detail about why this is a problem for me:
Let me tell you a quick background story. Since March when I saw the hero talent hammer of light the first time on wowhead beta talent calculator I was hyped to play this. The original tooltip said that “Wake of washed (WOA) is replaced with hammer of light for 12 seconds after it is cast”. I never expected that this actually means only 1 single use after WOA.
I was not in the beta and started WWI with the early access. I played my Paladin until I realized “wait this doesn’t work like I thought it would - Oh no come on that is super boring”. I immediately lost the motivation to continue playing.
Then 2 days back I logged in again and I realized a change “Now you actually can use hammer of light multiple times hurray awsome - maybe it was a bug that prevented the multiusage”
And now the hotfix basically says that it was a bug what I expected to be the fix for a bug :frowning:
This is so unbelievably disappointing for me. And it is so boring to use Hammer of light only once. I feel that the difference in terms of rotation compared to DF is just too small when using hammer of light only once and I don’t want to play Ret Paladin in WWI like this. At least not for now.

6 Likes