Time to change how the mythic raid lockout works

I hosted a Vault of the Incarnates community/pug mythic run for the achievements some time ago. We got to Raszageth and decided to continue another day. On that day, we found that our lockout had been stolen and cleared, forcing us to reclear the whole raid.

Now that I am in the same situation in Aberrus, I have to be constantly worried whether the lockout will be stolen or not. This is a 20 year old system and should work the same modern way Normal and Heroic works.

You might argue “but what about boosters”. Boosters will boost anyway and they are not the problem. The wow token is the problem. In my opinion if you earned the gold fair and square in game, you should be entitled to buying a boost.

You might argue “but what about splits in RWF” - maybe let’s not design the game around something that affects literally 60 players.

4 Likes

If you are on a mythic lockout, it is just as much theirs as it is yours. So it cannot be ‘stolen’.

Several days ago someone made a similar topic:

And so far Blizzard did not change their stance on this, yet.

so if wow token is the problem then those that buy ingame gold is also the problem so let us remove both gold and wow token and problem solved.

Of course it can be stolen.

Back in vanilla I remember one of the guilds on my server had a Twin Emperors lockout in AQ40.

Someone from another guild had paid off a member of that guild to secretly share the lockout with them and then proceeded to kill the boss.

Are you seriously going to argue that this action did not rob the 39 players of something that was rightfully theirs?

no it isnt since that is how the game works.

What you consider “stealing” is how Mythic lockouts works. GM’s will not assist and it is not considered “theft” as all players equally can advance the lockout in question which I also linked in the other thread.

I can vaguely remember an one year old GM response somewhere that the affected Mythic raiders should bring more trustworthy players next time but they did not assist in the end.

If you want to you can submit feedback directly about to change how Mythic lockouts work, but I sincerely doubt they’ll change this.

Magical Suggestion Box

We understand how it works, we just disagree with the ideology behind it, as it achieves nothing besides make it impossible for pugs to do mythic raids.

Guilds stick together because of social bonds, leadership and common experiences, not a raid ID.
Pugs can only function if people can be replaced on the fly, and continued with another group the next day.

Ion’s answer in the article you referenced shows he doesn’t understand how pugs or guilds approach this game.

How did you jump from raid lockout being stolen to wow token is the problem?
I feel like I just got run over on an F1 track with that extraordinarily irrelevant logical leap.

Tell me something I don’t know. This stance is exactly why I am here complaining about it in the first place.

We can all pretty much safely assume that nothing that you submit there actually gets read by the developers.

I mean, have you seen customer support ticket response times? Takes days or even weeks and when you finally get a response, it is a copy paste.

So no, I think that suggestion box is a waste of time. I think the only way things get changed is after some social media or streamer outrage. Sad but true.

Simple. A counterargument to my argument could be that if Mythic lockouts are like Heroic lockouts, boosters will have more opportunities per week to run boost runs.

Players view boosting as being unfair as it enables someone who did not “earn” the feat with proper in-game means.

The wow token (and/or uncurbed gold-buying from third-party sites) enables boosting by providing (“legal”) means of paying for endgame content to casual players.

Without that, the audience for buying boosts would be much smaller, as casual players do not generally have large amounts of gold, and the players who have enough gold are probably already clearing the endgame content already.

Of course there exist boosters which accept out-of-game means (real money) as a means of payment. Well in this case it is not really an issue as it is against TOS and would easily be solved with some moderation (albeit investigative) and bans from Blizzard.

Yeah, nah not going to read that.
Stay on topic lad, don’t be imagining bogeymen and ignore derailing arguments, don’t encourage them

Don’t ask the question then

Gotta love people like you. Never change.

It’s too late for that cognitive mess lad.

It’s too late to be reading a mess like that.

You haven’t read it, so how do you know that it’s a cognitive mess? :slight_smile:

After reading your imaginary counter argument in the first sentence that’s where I decided the rest was going to be unnecessary verbosity. I’ve read enough trash online to know it was not going to be worth my time.

Now I must say, well done for derailing your own topic.
Remember this started as a change to lockout, completely fair but then you got it into your head that somehow talking about boosters and “WoW token bad” was needed to counter arguments that hadn’t happened and even if they did they could have been ignored.

The thing is that you have to balance things for mythic raids.

What the op and you are asking is for lockout to work like normal/hc.

That means that each guild can clear up to a boss, have a saved character leave the raid, kill that boss, and then still have the lockout with that boss unkilled.

What this means is that after just one guild cleared the raid, they can just go ahead and sell/give the lockout with the last boss alive to another guild.
What this means is that all hall of fame guilds, can take a lockout from the first guilds, bypass the last bosses and go straight to the last one to get hall of fame. Something like this would ruin the competitiveness of the top guilds (not top 5, but top 100-200).

The developers just choose in that matter to priorities mythic guilds over pugs.

Then award hall of fame for having killed all bosses, not just the last…

The achievement does not state that. The achievement states:
“Among the first two hundred guilds worldwide to defeat Fyrakk the Blazing on Mythic difficulty.”

But even if they change the achievements (hall of fame and cutting edge), to require all mythic bosses, it would still change the raids to a big degree.

Don’t know how good for mythic raiding would be to be able to both farm and “extend” at the same time, or be able to “bypass” bosses for the sake of gearing (effectively ignoring wall bosses for when you have gear).

It is a pretty big risk to change the system like that, for some players to be able to pug the first 3-4 bosses at the end of each tier.