Time to Hoof it – The Mighty Kodo Pack Has Arrived!

Time to Hoof it – The Mighty Kodo Pack Has Arrived!

Add a new kodo-rable pet and mount pack to your collection. The imposing Armored Siege Kodo and the zestful Crushhoof pet are eager join you in your adventures!

View Full Article

2 Likes

Meh, just gonna wait until they go on the Trading Post in like 1 - 3 years so I can collect them free of charge.

4 Likes

These two combined are more expensive than the expansion.

How are you not ashamed?

5 Likes

I’m good, thanks tho

Why would i ever buy a store item again when i can just wait for it to come out in the Trading Post in a few years? i can wait!

3 Likes

You probably won’t have to wait that long now that I think about it. They sold Tyrael’s Charger for a “limited time” back in December, and now 6 - 7 months later you can get it 100% free of charge.

They’re also advertising this Kodo bundle as a “limited time” sale on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1679967769218158592

Don’t get fooled by Blizzard. Be patient people.

1 Like

Wait they sold that mount only last year i thought it was only from 2011 year pass then lootgobo/trading post this year, oof to the people who bought it! thats real scummy of blizzard. ( returned to the store for a limited time on 20 December 2022 until 2 January 2023) just looked it up, woooow they had people buy it for 25 then give it free months later

2 Likes

You can’t trust Blizzard when they sell things for a “limited time” these days. I mean I used to purchase Blizzcon Virtual Tickets every year for the in-game goodies, but I won’t bother with that anymore because it’s obvious that they’ll eventually put Blizzcon stuff into the Trading Post too.

I’m not mad about that, it just saves me some money I suppose.

2 Likes

retoilet babs will pay for anything.

The problem with these mounts is that they’re not special. I have 453 mounts, why would I ever use this when I can use one of my hard earned, ultra-rare mounts?

I can only see it for a new player, but even then, they can go ahead and earn cooler mounts in game, and that feels rewarding. Buying mounts off the store gives you no satisfaction, it doesn’t feel earned.

As for the trading post and Twitch Drops, I think they are taking all the special away from cool mounts like Tyrael’s Charger or TCG mounts. Those were rare mounts that I did NOT have and I loved that about them. You transformed some of your best, emblematic mounts, into mounts everyone has. They’re not special anymore, they are free for all filler now. Pity…

4 Likes

Not that I’d buy this anyway, but I especially make it a point to avoid “limited time” nonsense.

i member this mount sellout xD
OMG WhAt WiLl i dO !? iT wIl bE GoNe FoReVeR xD
now its on a trading post

thank you for reminding me how scummy this company is :smiley:
and how to keep away from being FOMO idiot

1 Like

I would buy this but i don’t like kodos or fish as mounts :smiley:

Oh my, is it time for the next quarterly report already?

2 Likes

I have multiple gold caps earnt through hard work of playing the game. From time to time I’ll drop abit on a store mount or mog just for a few hours of fun.

It’s a mixture of 2 things here.

1. there are a lot of players who don’t care about “earning” mounts, they just want everything easy because their “collectors”. This consist of (but not limited to), the FOMO crowd (the most toxic community in the game).

2. they are an upsell. “Oh you are buying a new game? Would you like this cool new Mount to go with that as an Addon?”. They work almost has a make your own collectors edition.

But in general I agree with a lot of peoples concerns in this thread:

Why are we buying mounts with IRL money, when they’re going to end up free on the trading post one day. And if not they will end up in a half price sale at the end of the year anyway.

As others have pointed out, these are nearly as much as an expansion…. For just a mount.

Looks cool, would be nice on my tauren but I’m never buying a mount.

Hopefully we see it on the trading post!

Instant Buy! :open_mouth:

They’ll have to do better to achieve anything in that regard than present us an ugly mount with an equally ugly pet, though… won’t even spend tendies for that thing if it ever shows up at the trading post.

I will happily buy mounts…if I like them. Not a fan of this one though.

Instead of a ‘Mighty Kodo Pack’ I would have preferred a regular pack kodo, something loaded up that I could RP my adventures with!

The only mount I bought from the store that I can recall is the Celestial Steed (I’m not sure why, must have had strange taste when I was younger - it’s ugly). Not gonna lie, it did annoy me a bit when I seen it in the trading post because I hadn’t seen them around much. I have a swift zulian tiger, that’s basically the only mount I’m ever going to use when it’s ground mount only. Only way I ever see myself replacing it is if I get access to the swift spectral.