[Tip] How to do damage with Destruction!

Lock discord is better moderated than this god forsaken place. It also has actual information and people with a clue there.

I’m not even sure Blizzard is aware this forum exists. EU Forums were a long running meme even besides people who post nonsense.

Feel free to have your “thread”, maybe you’ll dupe some bloke or two too with your “tip”.

2 Likes

People are simply asking for proof. Dont take it too personally.

If you build around your theory and you start seeing results hc/mythic or mplus, come back with your numbers and slam your evidence on the table.

1 Like

Stack anything but haste and I promise you, you aint getting cast through in PvP with any reasonable consistency.

1 Like

Zandare wasn’t asking for proof though, they were just here to advertise their preferred forum (class discord) it seems.

greater than 15% Haste in Stats + Reverse Entropy buff = > Soft Cap?

I think the soft cap is 30% on haste, then you get diminishing results. So what is the point in going over 15% haste unless you have max level gear?

See, if you have full max level gear then you might have some extra stat points to throw on haste. But if you take a look on this forum, you see so many threads complaining that they followed the guides and their Destruction damage is very bad. Because they are stacking haste like the guides say to, and using the wrong talents.

So I offer the solution that works, and people call me a troll for not doing as told by the sponsored/pay to win, affliction warlocks who write the guides. With people demanding that I should top the charts before they lend any credibility to what I say.

All I can say is, if you followed the guides and your Destruction damage is more like flower power, then be daring and try my talents with extra Critical Strike for yourself or if you want proof it works.

Diminishing returns on stats only affect stats gained from rating. Buffs, talents and externals are not affected nor affect soft caps.

But sure, keep talking as if you know anything, it’s kinda droll.

You know what, you are purely trolling and i do not like the negative tone you keep taking towards me.

It is one thing to tell someone if you think they are wrong about something, and a different thing to make out like that person is some kind of idiot. I will ask you now to never speak to me again. And yes I can handle and admit if I am wrong about something, but you are purely just trolling in a very patronising and insulting way.

That’s what happens when you come out and spread outright misinformation in the public space.

On my end I’m just glad that maybe I have prevented a few unlucky players from taking your bait advice based on fable and thin air.

3 Likes

How the hell is this even up for discussion? htt ps://www.raidbots.com/simbot go nuts, end of story.

There’s a difference between “spreading misinformation” and stating something that does work

if you want your chaos bolt to do more damage, do you stack haste or stack critical strike?

It literally says on the spell’s tooltip, damage is increased by critical strike.
Your only purpose in coming to this topic is to wind me up to try and get a reaction.
You are purely trolling here. You tried to lure me to a discord server so that you could troll me there…

It depends on one’s play style anyway.
It also depends on the mechanics of a fight.
If you have to keep moving then what good is it to cast 1.5 chaos bolts and have to cancel casting when you move, when you could cast 1 chaos bolt for much more damage if you did not waste your stats on haste?

You are the one trolling and yet you try to make out that i am stupid, and now you are trying to imply that i am a liar.

I asked you one time already, do not speak to me again!

Your sim bot isn’t going to show any real results when it comes to random affixes or mechanics forcing you to move.

Okay, this clown has no idea what he is talking about. If your goal was to embarrass yourself in public… congratulation, otherwise: oh boi…

If someone doesn’t know, raidbot definitely simulate movement and does it very well.

2 Likes

Movement punishes all non-haste builds so…

2 Likes

i always found the simulation output to be a guide at best.

Some fights you can do a great deal more than the sim would suggest you should be able to. Other fights the opposite.

The thing is this… Like all the other Destruction warlocks complaining on these forums that they followed “rules” your sacred guides and simbot confined them to… my damage was worse than the tanks. I switched my gear around to have 40% Mastery and a ton of Critical Strike, and my damage greatly improved.

Do you expect everyone to document everything before you believe it?

Yes, that’s how it works.

We moved away from “trust me, bro” phase back in around 2006-ish already.

And your profile never stepping into anything more than normal raid certainly does not add any to the benefit of the doubt there.

2 Likes

The scientific method is testing already “established” evidence and theories. With providing new evidence. OP is correct in challenging the guides and sims. If he wants it to be credible, he should provide evidence that his method is better, so others can confirm and challenge his evidence. And so on and so fourth.

4 Likes

Join here and learn

https://discord.com/invite/0onXDymd9Wpc2CEu
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/viTziddTXTeiYNxENseNLc

main reason you go haste is so you can do as many casts as possible, you are punished to move as destro.
Ontop of that haste makes so the GDC is lower which means you can easier catch that last second of Madness buff.
I have roughly
17% crit
23% haste
26% mastery
8% vers
and my bolts hit for 94-110k each, with 20k incerates inbetween.

Stacking critical strike as a destro lock instead of haste.

Haste reduces your caste time, your gcd, makes it easier to keep your maintenance buffs up like madness & rain of fire. Also if i remember correctly, pets & infernal scale with haste.

Stacking crit you’ll get outdamage on a fight that last longer than 1 min xd
If you like crit, you can get a middle ground and shoot for around 20% crit with 25 to 27%+ haste. Also drink the corrupted rage potion but i would not recommend that.

Crit is not as good as you think lmao and on a proper sim will get outdamaged every time.

In game with movement & player error, crit completely loses its value. Mythic terros for example, gl doing the fight with low haste. You are constantly moving. You won’t maintain madness buff from chaos bolt thus you lose quite a bit of damage.
Also without significant haste, you can’t chaos bolt > filler > chaos bolt & maintain the madness buff + generate enough shards to continue your rotation.

2 Likes

I check each week what most ppl play in warcraft logs.
Their gear / stats / talents.
Yours seems kinda weird too much focus in AOE

Yes, well if I run any different talents right now then my damage in mythic dungeons suffers.

How many patches since the expansion launched and they still have not changed anything for the Destruction spec. It is still too weak. So I do what works to make the damage.

I have to say, people got in such a fuss about me saying to stack Critical Strike points.
But I did not have the set bonus from tier gear when I made this topic.

Without the set bonus, I struggled to output damage without Critical Strike.
The 4 set bonus gives a good deal of Critical Strike, so once you have it then you can fall back to stacking Haste without damage suffering.

But I stand by what I said. There’s no point in stacking Haste if your spells do very little damage. All that results in, is you being quicker at doing very little damage.