Token at 220k

Those were the days, I purchased quite a few for myself and alts during this time, right before BFA dropped.

1 Like

Should have invested into a couple of Tokens when the prices were that high.

Still tempting to get some a bit later this Patch when less players are around to get some BMAH things or in preparation for 9.1.

Exactly it currently means less people are buying tokens atm .

The more people who buy them for irl money the less gold you get its simple maths .

2 Likes

Mostly coz less people buy it. Its going up from 160K to 220K now in a month.

Noooo. I’m too poor to afford tokens then!

1 Like

Did not know there were any such people left in the game.

I don’t depend on it but I do prefer playing for free rather than paying.

1 Like

Oh wow Puny… how the hell am I gonna make 400 k in a month. I can barely scrape 200k in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

They’re still selling fairly quickly from all accounts so must still be plenty of people buying tokens for the straight 30 day game time.

In fact if we go by forum statistics (I know it’s not a good assumption so don’t shoot me) most of the playerbase only subs for one month at a time, see the outrage over the loss of buying 30 days gametime, so that should also mean that most players who bought tokens with gold exchanged them directly for gametime rather than converting to Bnet balance. The conversion was only really profitable for those who wanted the reduced price of the 180 day gametime.

“bots” most likely

How about supply? Einstein

'Supply is getting lower beocuse players are buying tokensto get boosts?

If it gets there maybe I’ll buy one. It would let me buy some mounts I’m too lazy to save for like mog yak and then a bunch of misc 10-20k mounts.

1 Like

I do that whole six month sub thing but I can imagine all those who pay for their subs with gold don’t like it when the prices go up.

It goes both ways. Nobody wants to spend 20 euro (or whatever ir costs) on 80-100k gold. So we agree on a satisfactory exchange rate, this is exactly how supply and demand works.

Totally :slight_smile:

I’m on the buying gold side of things, I love it when the token is worth a lot and will consider buying one occasionally. Not that I buy them often. I had to for the long boi, I wasn’t going to make my last 1m.

I remember how little gold they offered when they first started. I was like there is no way I’d consider that’s worth it :laughing:

9.1 = people return = people buy tokens for Euro = Price decreases. If more people buy the tokens for gold than for euro the price rises. Which is the case atm.

This is how the token system has always worked aside from the very beginnign when Blizzard upped the price artificially because 28k for a token would be a wet dream atm.

1 Like

Me with my alt army doing the 250 gold missions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s99eH9EC8&ab_channel=kekeflipnote

1 Like

That’s still cheap… I bought €250 (token to balance) + capped out on Tokens after back when they were ~375k each at the start of BfA!

They are mostly around 150-180k this expansion, so its high in terms of what OP says