"Trading Post: Dragonflight" Achievement not unlocking with War Within Pre-Order

Hello

I pre-ordered The War Within but after logging in, the achievement “Trading Post: Dragonflight” did not unlock.
I didn’t have Dragonflight on this account so I obtained it through the War Within pre-order.
I can play Dragonflight content fine so the game itself is available.
Is it still possible to obtain this achievement somehow?

I also waited for Patch 10.2 to see if that would solve the problem but after logging in today, it still didn’t.
Thanks for looking into it.

2 Likes

Hi there Bärsärkor,

This would be intended and the version of Dragonflight that’s included with The War Within pre-purchases does not grant additional tenders.

For more info, see:

That said, looking at the achievement itself I can understand that the wording would cause some confusion and will probably need to be updated in the future.

1 Like

Hi there Tyrskorn,

I understand this, but It means that if a new player like me returns to the game, I would probably buy the more recent version of the game. The achievement states that at the exact moment I bought the game, I should have any Dragonflight edition. If I am currently playing in Dragonflight, it means that I have any Dragonflight edition, and the wording of this achievement does not cause any confusion.

All this leads me to the conclusion that in this specific situation, we should be granted the achievement. Because I spent 90 euros on the pre-purchase of the new expansion, which already contains Dragonflight, whereas on the standalone Dragonflight version, you encourage players to buy the new expansion, as it says, ‘Now included in all editions of The War Within™!’ All people will buy this because it’s a very good deal.

So, my question is, should I buy the 30-euro Dragonflight game, which I already got from a different source, just to get the achievement that I should have already received? I think it’s a mistake in the game system, and we should be refunded with this achievement or receive similar compensation because it’s just not fair for those people who spent 90 euros instead of 30!

Additionally, there is literally zero information about the achievement itself in the post you sent. I am definitely not satisfied with this answer - that you will probably need it to be updated in the future. Can someone from the actual game department who works with in-game achievements help us?

2 Likes

Technically you are right Тамприэль, we do own a Dragonflight edition (#1).
However the Blizzard support link states that Tenders can only be awarded once per bundle (#2).
Since we are already getting Tenders from the War Within expansion, this overrules getting additional Tenders for our Dragonflight edition.

So to summarise, #2 overrules #1, which is why we are not obtaining this achievement.

I do agree that the description of the achievement needs to be changed into something like “This will not be awarded with War Within pre-orders or other future bundles” as it still is possible to obtain this achievement by entering a Dragonflight Physical Collector’s Edition code.

2 Likes

Hello Bärsärkor!

To summarise, #2 overrules #1, which is why we are not obtaining this achievement.

This should not override that, as Tenders and Achievement are different objects/substances. According to the description, we should obtain the achievement regardless of how or where we acquire it.

I recently received the following response from support:

“I understand your frustration, but the purchase of The War Within does not unlock this achievement, and this is intentional. While the wording of the achievement might be confusing, this achievement is now exclusively available if you purchase the physical Collector’s Edition of Dragonflight.”

CONCLUSION - As a new player, you cannot attain this achievement even with a $30.00 copy of Dragonflight; it is only accessible with the $129.99 physical edition. This contradicts the achievement description, which claims ownership of ANY edition suffices!

Blizzard, why do you still include unreliable information in the achievement description, causing confusion among players?

I completely understand that this achievement was intended for actual Dragonflight editions when it was initially released. Perhaps the 500 Tenders are only eligible for redemption by those who purchased Dragonflight before the announcement of the new expansion pre-purchase. However, once the description includes

“Owner of any Dragonflight edition,”

I expect to receive this achievement. It’s not ethically correct for new players, and there was no prior information indicating that people would not obtain this achievement in the future.

If this is correct -

Trader’s Tender is granted only once per Battle.net account upon first purchase of each edition or bundle (per region), at maximum of 1000 Tender from Epic.

Then I should have been granted the achievement because technically I have already received 500 tenders according to the Achievement Reward, only from different edition(source), but I still haven’t received the actual achievement with its 10 Achievement Points!

1 Like

There have been updates to this achievement !
It has now been moved into the Feats of Strength category and the 10 achievement points have been removed alltogether.

That’s correct. The achievement should now read “Owner of any Dragonflight edition before the month of November 2023.

1 Like

Just for clarification, from now on onwards if someone activates the code from a Physical Collector’s Edition, will it still grant this FoS or that’s now excluded as well ?

I own a physical collectors that arrived in December and was granted the FoS/Achievement so it should grant it.
However noteworthy is I do not own The War Within pre-order so unsure if that would conflict with it.

1 Like