Transfer reasons

Can someone actually explain, normally without trolling or prejudice, why blizz have opened transfers from CB to begin with? What was the actual reason? Because so far the only thing which has actually happened is a nicely populated server got killed - so far there were a few layers only and it was possible to farm stuff in the open world because there were less than 75 people after the same thorium vein for example.

2 Likes

I think blue post said its cause there are too few players now, so they offer chance to transfer to more populated realm. How this fixes low population server, with addition to them locking it from new players, i dont know…

From this little info they gave, I think chaos bolt is going to wither away with the few players who stays and its locked from new players. Or they offer chance for x amount of time to choose if you want to go to pve or pvp realm and after that x period of time they merge it with another realm. Then that locked status would make sense i guess.

But who knows, blizzard gave so little information of their plans.

1 Like

They’ve given their reasons in the same post that informed players of the free character migration.

Initially, Chaos Bolt was made because of overcrowding on the PVP realms. I sternly advocated not to do so, because I knew the following will happen:

Now the CB realm and Lava Lash will be merged with other realms to create a better, cohesive realm. But I don’t think it was a good idea to create it to combat “queues” in the first place because it will lower later as expected - this happens everytime when a new toy/game mode occurs.

1 Like

So, basically, this is another case when Blizzard call a nicely populated server underpopulated and not balanced, because there are aint no 20k people online but just 3k instead?

Edit: And another prove that layering won’t sort everything, hence more layers > more problems.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation though guys, appreciated!

Thanks for the reply. Im still not sure what to think of this, theres no info about future of chaos bolt ? As it is locked from new players is it safe to assume its closing in near future, what do you think ?

Would love to get answer from blizz about time windows of the transfers, are they for x period of time or for x amount of transfers and what happens after that. As it is now, few of my friends who were about to start playing there with our guild are unable to start playing with us and that is just stupid, friends not able to play together and its not the first time something like this happens… I just hope this doesnt end with even more guildies locked away from eachother in different realms.

1 Like

In the second Blizz announcement they have stated they will consolidate the realms, aka merging it with existing realms. CB will 100% close down, if players don’t make a choice it is likely that the toons will be moved to a set destination realm - the current two listed.

Transfers are currently now opened for an indefined amount of time until server closure. I recommend moving right away with everyone to either realms to Wild Growth PVE or Crusader Strike PVP - Whichever playset is your guild’s focus.

2 Likes

Ye, I agree with the message above - move right away when you know where to. CB will eventually persih in the void.

Thanks again for good answer, this clarifies things alot :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s closing down.

Actually I would not move until late next week, especially if you PvP.

1 Like