Transfered from a dead realm and its made a huge difference, dead realms should NOT be a thing

Posting this argument from a character that is on Stormscale…the audacity :)))

1 Like

That’s my forum character because of TL3, I can’t switch it. This is my main, on Emerald Dream

What is tl3?

well you are playing as an alliance on a very much alliance server if that is a case which kind of reinforces my main point.
many of the ED horde went alliance on the server BECAUSE of the one sided issue of realms

I agree with that. I had another issue, I joined Buring Legion when I was new, which is a heavily Polish realm but marked as “english” I had to transfer to find guilds because I couldnt understand most of what people were saying.

Trust Level 3. Perks from a Forum Reputation grind.

Ah I see, so those are the people who are more interested in posting on the forums than actually playing the game. seems fair.

forum experience does not equal game experience @kyrel

I mean, as you said, the guild is important sure but being in a larger server holds benefits as well.

Since CRZ low pop even lost the benefit for farming mount in a desert server.

That’s something I’m both sad and happy about, since you always had “tourists” on those empty realms to camp certain mount spots. However this isn’t happening anymore.

Especially your realm (or both Italian realms in general) used to be great for that and I know of a handful of people who made characters on there just to camp mounts.

But then, currently your realm only decides about two things:

• AH prices (which, thankfully are cross-faction now)
  • Raid availability as Mythic raiding is the only content that can’t be done cross realm until HoF is filled

Which is why I find it less important to be on a full realm nowadays, than it used to be. But I agree, that new players should generally be pointed towards fuller realms and not “empty” ones.

“More?” really? One says nothing about the other.

3 Likes

Achieve points goes BRRRR

yes it does Grainne. but let’s agree on the fact that we have different opinions.

Yeah I remember when i first joined retail from private servers, i was walking in Sholazar basin and stubled across Loque’nahak.

Now if i go there there is 1 hunter per spot at the very least.

Those are horrible on Italian realms, that is why i headed to Draenor.
Since i am lazy to manage professions.

1 Like

The way Italian realms were handled is a bit sad. I played on Italian realms as well for a very short time - it’s a mistake to keep both. They should be merged and it would solve a lot of issues.

I’m Horde on Emerald Dream-Terenas and yeah, it’s not ideal. In BfA my guild had to stop raiding as we couldn’t even get 10 players together for most raid tiers. The in-game guild finder was an absolute god-send to us and allowed us to get enough people to raid Ny’alotha. I was really hoping we’d be connected in the recent round of connections but no such luck.

I refuse to pay for transfers and many of my guildies wouldn’t be able to pay for them anyway, so I’m stuck here. While you can play with people cross-realm, many of us still see value in being part of a guild, which is realm-specific. Allowing cross-realm play (or just finishing off the promised connections for ALL low pop realms) would be really helpful for our realm, and many others.

1 Like

Imo they just need to walk the extra mile and make everything cross realm - AH, guilds and mythic raiding.

1 Like

Nemesis is way more polarized than WoE so merging would be kinda beneficial for it.

What i hate the most as i said, is AH price there tho, raiding scene even if not big, is mostly fine.

Like a friend of mine bought elemental force for leveling wich costs 2k gold on WoE, while i pay like 30 gold for mine.

I’d have to agree. Whether or not someone has TL3 has nothing to do with how much or how little they play the game.

2 Likes

decided to chime in again as a friend of mine was doing the free join thing, they decided to make a new character on a new realm and they asked me is it fine to play on the same server as my old one (we played on it way back) and i had to explain to them that “no it is a dying realm if you play horde on it” and while i was about to explain to them to join dreanor because it actually has population to play with on horde they said “what about the recommended realms? they must be good because they are recommended?”

i had to actively tell my friend “no do NOT listen to the realm list as its baiting you into setting up on a nearly empty or dead realm”, much to their confusion explaining a “high” population is good while a “low or recommended” was bad felt like i was trolling them, i mean after all back in the older days playing on a high pop realm ment frequent queues and lag where as now they are the true recommended due to better AH and guild options.

my realm is full. why are you transferring here? stay out and take away 50% of the transferee population