Trust Level 3 šŸ˜¢

I have cracked the code you just got to read 100k posts I am at 88k.

Didnā€™t someone find recently that, although Wowhead counts as a trusted website, you canā€™t post links to Blizzardā€™s own websites? I wonder why they donā€™t trust themselvesā€¦

3 Likes

Orly :rofl:

Maybe theyā€™re showing solidarity with the players in their mistrust?

1 Like

By the way, is there a way to see why exactly you donā€™t have a particular trust level? Is it because I donā€™t give enough likes or what is it?

1 Like

The requirements are listed here

And you can check your activity on your profile.

Okayā€¦ I thought I didnā€™t have rank 2, which would be strange given these requirements.

Let me check:

EDIT: Huh, I do. Well, thatā€™s fine then.

And a 3rd of the way towards rank 3.

Seriously, 20,000 posts before you can post a link?!

Jesus mother***ing Christ theyā€™ve lost their minds lol

Rank 2 can post links to sites that Blizzard trust (Wowhead, youtube etc).

I do understand that the grind to get Rank 3 is long, however, I think that is intended when you consider that they will be allowing people to post images and gifā€™s that would bypass certain filters that exist to prevent rude/offensive terms being used, so the fact that someone has got to Rank 3 without being genuinely reported, banned etc there is likelyhood that they would not post such images.

Itā€™s a case of the good posters being impacted by the bad posters. Iā€™m sure it would be lovely to trust everyone, but we all know we canā€™t :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnā€™t suggest they should trust everybody. But 20,000 posts is a lot.

Also, using a gif to post something rude isnā€™t the end of the world as compared to doing it in text. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are other things that people would be able to post that would concern me far moreā€¦

1 Like

https://giphy.com/gifs/trust-no-one-dUU1C1VgHZsNG

Doot deet doot deet doot doo.

2 Likes

It is ā€œPostsā€ thoughā€¦ not threads. When you consider this thread has 286 posts in it so far, scrolling slowly from top to bottom does it.

3 Likes

20,000 read posts may sound like a lot but it isnā€™t over a 100 day period. You can work your way through long topics like the High Elf Alliance debate for example, scrolling down at regular intervals to clock off each post as ā€˜readā€™.

However like Shammoz has demonstrated, it doesnā€™t take a lot for discussions to clock up replies and if you read/glance through them you soon hit the requirements.

1 Like

Especially if you look out for the topics that guarantee lots of repliesā€¦ subjects likeā€¦

• Faction Bias
  • Multiboxing
  • Game X will usurp Warcraft
  • High Elves
  • Mythic + Leavers
  • Any thread by Twiluna :heart:
    etc etc :slight_smile:
2 Likes

So wait, I have to metagame the forums in a way that wasnā€™t necessarily intended in order for it to trust me.

Hah, ironic.

Yesā€¦ Yes it is :sunglasses:

Oh my gawd, did you only send those smileys to your friends :astonished:
you never sended them a rose?

@-->-->

or a fish?

<o>>><
2 Likes

Would you rather help the turtles make it to the water?

I have never had to artificially reach any goal even before I was made an MVP I was well on my way to reach the necessary.

I personally view it as a passive system, because you have to maintain your trust level or it will go down again. If you arenā€™t naturally that active it seems silly to force yourself to jump through hoops just to be able to post gifs.

Yes gifs are great but is it worth suffering for if you have to work for it XD

1 Like

Witchcraft! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Absolutely not, and Iā€™m not planning to do it either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, I think itā€™s a very high bar. Maybe not for posting gifs, but certainly for posting links. I agree there should be a high bar, but I also do think that people with my level of activity could be trusted to post a link?

Oh well. Iā€™ll just Keep using this which they havenā€™t done anything about.

Not that bored lol.

Btw I found out you can complete that quest by going AFK. It takes a while but eventually it completes itself.

2 Likes