"Unknown macro option: Harm"

Greetings,

For a few days now, every time I log in (no matter what character), I’m always greeted by this message in chat:
“Unknown macro option: Harm”

I’ve just gone through all my macros to see if there was one with a missing bracket or anything that looks broken, but I haven’t spotted any and all the macros I use are working as intended.

Seeing as the message happens no matter what character I log in with, I can only assume there must be a dud somewhere in my General Macros tab (rather than character specific).

Is this some new phenomenon? Or perhaps I just missed a broken macro? I assume [Harm] isn’t being rendered obsolete in the future so I can only assume one of my macros is bust. I’ve just never seen this message before and have no reason to suspect anything is broken.

Will double check again but would appreciate some insight incase I’m just missing something.

Could upload your global macros-cache.lua to like pastebin or something so we can help review it.

Hey Elvenbane (sorry for hijacking your post Ropedrink)
I’m trying to get the following to work for several spells, but I think you get the jist of it:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,exists,harm][nodead,harm]Moonfire;[@mouseover,nodead,exists,help][nodead,help][]Rejuvenation

There is probably a lot of overkill in there, but it does what I want - almost.
I want it to always prefer what I am mousing over (harm or help) no matter which target I currently have. Right now, when I have harm target, it does not switch to help when I mouseover a group/raid member. It does however do it the other way around.
Is that possible - always having mouseover the preferred, then the target, then myself.

This is what you’re after.

1 Like

Hey folks,

The error went away, but only after I removed any individual [harm] tags from macros - no idea why.

For example:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,exists,harm] [harm] Spell

Whether it was because of the individual [harm] tags, or simply removing them from all/some macros (or one magically broken macro I’m unaware of), the error stopped. I don’t see how [harm] on its own would cause a problem.

@Starbloom:
My assumption is that most macro-conflict will often result in the first list getting some level of priority over things that follow – but then, if I was an expert, I wouldn’t be asking for help of my own :slight_smile:

Agreed. Also, harm and help both imply exists so you never need both in a single condition set.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Spell

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.